PDA

View Full Version : Blown gas 18 Cal Performance for sale

DK18
07-20-2006, 03:21 PM
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/lmdave/Ahacppic.jpg
Pic taken before chrome hydro diverter added.
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/lmdave/Picture085.jpg
$32,000, $18,000 less motor. All the best-- Too much too list. Clay smith 509, Boat was finished last season. Leaves real hard with AA... Runs 102-103. Boat is out of Aha-- rigged by GS and Lance Schoenwald
d.kleiman@taknet.com
Hull:2005, all white, NO extra holes black CF's, Black lettering.
Seats are dark grey tweed with back piping. tach, oil, water in dash-only
Switch plate below reverse lever.
Parts: Set back pump,stanless AA, inducer impeller, AQ shaft, Blueprinted pump, Jet Away,Calico steeriing, Chrome hydrolic diverter, Braided everthing, Black Alcohal fittings, MPD mechanical Stop on diverter, Chrome transom plate, Everthing chrome or powder coat black. Gauges and bissels black & brushed satin.
Motor: have all paper work on motor,Hydrolic roller, complete specs from George @ Clay Smith.
509ci, pump gas or Av gas, Mert Littlefield 1071 @1to1, Super chiller,twin 1050 dominators, vertex locked mag, (will ad to this later)

dmontzsta
07-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Those CP hulls look so nice.

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
07-20-2006, 05:03 PM
year, weight, more pics???

DK18
07-20-2006, 05:44 PM
year, weight, more pics???
The Boat is a 2005 and not sure exact weight. Maybe 575+ Ill find out and add some info to the first post.

Cs19
07-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Ive seen the boat in person its very sano.
Klymn,are you building something new or you just gonna run the Placecraft?
CS

DK18
07-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Ive seen the boat in person its very sano.
Klymn,are you building something new or you just gonna run the Placecraft?
CS
Whats up Chris! Yah im gonna run the place craft for a while. May throw the blower motor back in it. unless its wanted with the boat.
definatly will build another CP. Lots of changes are happening right now if you know what i mean.

DEL51
07-20-2006, 06:24 PM
That is a nice boat. Chris should buy it, swap his engine into it, then sell me the Daytona. :idea:

AZKC
07-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Nice :skull:

RCB19
07-20-2006, 09:54 PM
I second that. This boat is very sano. Dont let the all white gel fool you as a Plain Jane. It's nice!

SoCal Power
07-21-2006, 07:12 AM
Good Luck on the sale. Sort of a surprised to hear you're selling.
This boat sure brought a smile to your face especially after you gave MD the driving lessons earlier this year.
This would have been a good pic if that girls hadn't got in the shot :wink:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1417DK_J.jpg
Another CP huh, I thought you might go for one of those boats with the two pointy things on the front...............db

DK18
07-21-2006, 09:00 AM
Good Luck on the sale. Sort of a surprised to hear you're selling.
This boat sure brought a smile to your face especially after you gave MD the driving lessons earlier this year.
This would have been a good pic if that girls hadn't got in the shot :wink:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1417DK_J.jpg
Another CP huh, I thought you might go for one of those boats with the two pointy things on the front...............db
Dave, First let me say, Too funny.... you have a great way of making my boat look even better!
If you read my post again I was hinting at something a little diferent, definatly Gullwing.... maybe a Lance/ DB 18.
As far as run'n Declark.... Too much fun!! He told me if I still beat him with his new 540 hes buy'n my boat.

LOWRIVER2
07-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Are my eyes getting old or is that a CP competition tunnel instead of an 18 gullwing?

pattymelt18
07-21-2006, 12:25 PM
youre eyes are getting old

Cs19
07-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Your losin it Lowriver. :)
DK18, I think you should have Socal Power rig you a boat with 2 pointy things on the front, thats if you want to go fast. :)
haha
CS

Bense468
07-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Are my eyes getting old or is that a CP competition tunnel instead of an 18 gullwing?
Kilrtoy must have you all worked up. Peep the transom in the pic above.

DK18
07-21-2006, 03:26 PM
Your losin it Lowriver. :)
DK18, I think you should have Socal Power rig you a boat with 2 pointy things on the front, thats if you want to go fast. :)
haha
CS
Not sure if it will have 2 points or one.... being quick is fun too! Lance and Dave B will be the "WRiggers"....!
Shoe and a few others definatly can make those 2 pointers run hard. Seems to be a lot more proven research on those vs CP18. But I would have liked to run you in the Aha Lagoon now. That thing is leaving crazy hard right now..!
Sounds like theres a lot of people look'n for an 18CP. Someone wants my 18 less motor... so i think you might see the Placecraft cruise'n by at 95 again!
Nothing like 90+ with music, friends and cold refreshments!

Cs19
07-21-2006, 04:27 PM
I would have liked to run you in the Aha Lagoon now. That thing is leaving crazy hard right now..
Id like to run you now as well.. Im leaving just a touch harder than last time we ran as well so maybe it would be a good race.
good luck on the sale but dont tear it apart till you see the $$$, maybe we can pair off one last time if it does not sell right away.
CS

steelcomp
07-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Seriously nice boat...but 32K?? I think you'll get your chance Chris.
:D

DK18
07-22-2006, 08:12 AM
[QUOTE=steelcomp]Seriously nice boat...but 32K?? I think you'll get your chance Chris.
:D[/QUOT
Steel comp, I really dont want to part with that motor. I think that shows. Maybe this boat isnt for you. But im in no hurry. I know whats out there for CP's. Especially factory rigged cp's. Have you seen this boat?

steelcomp
07-22-2006, 08:30 AM
[QUOTE=steelcomp]Seriously nice boat...but 32K?? I think you'll get your chance Chris.
:D[/QUOT
Steel comp, I really dont want to part with that motor. I think that shows. Maybe this boat isnt for you. But im in no hurry. I know whats out there for CP's. Especially factory rigged cp's. Have you seen this boat?
DK...I mean no disrespect whatsoever. I haven't seen it, but I do things as meticulously as possible, and I can see that you are no different. A ten is a ten, and I'm sure that boat is a ten+...probably flawless. What matters is what it's worth to you and you, and that's clearly reflected in your price. Just not sure that's "realistic", regardless of how much you have in it. That's always the pisser about these things. :cry:
AFA being for me...I think I have my hands full with what I've got. :rolleyes:
I hope to see your boat in person in the next few weeks. Maybe side by side?? :D That would be fun. :rollside:
Good luck.

Cs19
07-22-2006, 08:56 AM
Im bummed your selling it Dk, I was hoping we could all go to Ming in Oct. and pit togethor like we talked about over the 4th. You guys would make a good addition to the red cup racing team. If the boat is still around you should bring it up, its a fun time.
As far as price..These things are not cheap. I know for a fact you could not even come close to having one built like this for 32k..
CS

LOWRIVER2
07-22-2006, 09:07 AM
My bad,
Took a good right hook in boxing yesterday. Too bad Kilrtoty won't take me up on the boxing match, I'm getting my speed back.
I guess I focused on the front of this hull too much, ...but it was with the busted eye/lol.

LOWRIVER2
07-22-2006, 09:09 AM
Is there such a thing as a "factory rigged" CP. Scotten is the "factory" and he rarely rigs anything. There are some good ones though such as So cal power.

RiverRacer
07-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Is there such a thing as a "factory rigged" CP. Scotten is the "factory" and he rarely rigs anything. There are some good ones though such as So cal power.
All 3 of mine have been done by Bill. The first 2 when we both lived in La Habra, and this latest one also. It was done at someone else's facility, but he did the work. I stood there and watched for 3 days. He may be more involved at this point in time than most guys think. I have even heard rumors that he might have a 'factory rigged' race boat in the works-complete with a BBC that has a Roller Cam and 2 large carbs. Time will tell. RR

Dogballs
07-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Is it full of used parts from the swap meet!

Wicked Performance Boats
07-22-2006, 11:30 AM
If your interested in a 18 Gullwing, Call us and we will be happy to meet with you on the river and show what our Boats can do. We are proud of them and we rig to your specs not ours. Our Boat is getting a Great Rep. and We are Proud to Say " We are putting our 1st. Wicked Customers "18 WICKED I GULLWING" into Production this week. :) :crossx: We will tell more later on a new thread. SO, DK18 Call or PM us. 702-204-5035 Good-Luck :cool: Julie and Pat :220v:

RiverRacer
07-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Yeah. They were shoepolished white back to USMC standards!!!!, lol. I think the only new parts were supplied by me, but they all work fairly well together. New parts, used parts, white shoepolish and 2 fifths of Chivas came together real well. If you need to refinish anything in yours, I still have some polish left over I can loan you. Hope to see you sometime down at Blythe. RR

DK18
07-22-2006, 04:12 PM
Yes Dave B (so cal power) does do beautiful work. Dave is a good friend of ours. And if you read the post. I said my next boat will be done with Dave and Lance. Although not to take anything away from Shoe..... Im real happy with the set up I have. And the boat was completed in just a few months.

LOWRIVER2
07-22-2006, 05:33 PM
No worries, Lance, Guthrie, the list is long for good riggers for a CP, I'm sure your's is clean.
I'd have them rig one these days way before letting Bill touch it, his time for retirement is now. He's getting too cranky/ lol.

LOWRIVER2
07-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Bill's only "factory rigged" ride is that his old injected motor from "Strickly business" is in the #37 blu. cp.
His only personal boat he "owns" is his girlfriend's 19 he bought from la kamp.

Cs19
07-22-2006, 06:19 PM
I'd have them rig one these days way before letting Bill touch it, his time for retirement is now. He's getting too cranky/ lol.
Bill is a great guy hes just a little burnt out after all the years.Its unfortunate he wants such a ridiculous amount of money for those molds..It would be great to see someone with some enthusiasm get there hands on them.

Cs19
07-22-2006, 06:20 PM
OUCH.

pattymelt18
07-22-2006, 10:16 PM
Bill's only "factory rigged" ride is that his old injected motor from "Strickly business" is in the #37 blu. cp.
Actually the motor that was in "strictly business" has been gone for a long time.

RiverRacer
07-23-2006, 08:15 AM
Actually the motor that was in "strictly business" has been gone for a long time.
After reading all this, I find it interesting that there are so many comments being made about someone that should have retired by now. Like I said, he might have something left for later this year. Wait and see(if you don't know by now).
Also, as Bill says(and has said for 30 years or so), 'EVERYONE'(even DB) has a 100 mph Jet Boat 'IN THEIR GARAGE'. I saw CS19, RCB and the White CP(from Aha Quin) over July 4th. I didn't see all the other 100 mph JET Boats that were supposed to show up out at LL(and I looked several times). Guess they must have been in their garages polishing their 'NEW' parts on their '100 mph Jet Boats'. RR

LOWRIVER2
07-23-2006, 08:46 AM
Sorry Pattymelt/ josh,
Call Bill, ask which block is in the 37 boat / that's his last block (injected) he ran with it.
for what it's worth. It was the one sitting in the back of his mother's garage under plastic for years with the enderle injectors.

LOWRIVER2
07-23-2006, 08:48 AM
Hey RR,
make no mistake, Bill will do whatever he wants. That's called having no kids, owning a couple gas stations and spending money like each dollar like it's the last you have (smart, by the way). He still has the 77 brown el camino laying around, he does'nt part with much/lol.

RiverRacer
07-23-2006, 09:26 AM
Hey RR,
make no mistake, Bill will do whatever he wants. That's called having no kids, owning a couple gas stations and spending money like each dollar like it's the last you have (smart, by the way). He still has the 77 brown el camino laying around, he does'nt part with much/lol.
I know you're right!!! Even an old dog has a couple sharp teeth, and if it bites hard enough, it will draw blood and hurt. I was going to say that I just saw the engine out of boat #30(the first CP Tunnel that Bill drove and powered) last year at the retreat testing. He is stepping it up for later this year. Long live BP/ARCO, lol. RR

DK18
07-23-2006, 09:38 AM
After reading all this, I find it interesting that there are so many comments being made about someone that should have retired by now. Like I said, he might have something left for later this year. Wait and see(if you don't know by now).
Also, as Bill says(and has said for 30 years or so), 'EVERYONE'(even DB) has a 100 mph Jet Boat 'IN THEIR GARAGE'. I saw CS19, RCB and the White CP(from Aha Quin) over July 4th. I didn't see all the other 100 mph JET Boats that were supposed to show up out at LL(and I looked several times). Guess they must have been in their garages polishing their 'NEW' parts on their '100 mph Jet Boats'. RR
Hey RR we ran every night over the 4th in a nice safe flat lagoon in Aha. We had Tony C. in his flat also a blown alcohol flat.
As far as run'n @Lost L .... I was up there during the day (not by trailer). The proplem is we all like to run where our friends are.

Cs19
07-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Bill still has that motor, its an all aluminum injected engine, they stick it in Don Rhode's boat occasinally and go racing.I saw them at World finals, they ran the ME class with it and were running pretty good but went out fairly early if I remember correctly.

pce680
07-23-2006, 07:17 PM
Bill still has that motor, its an all aluminum injected engine, they stick it in Don Rhode's boat occasinally and go racing.I saw them at World finals, they ran the ME class with it and were running pretty good but went out fairly early if I remember correctly.
I remember that motor.He ran it in a Performance boat(CP) at the 1978 World Finals in Phoenix.We raced him 1st rd.We set the Comp Jet record at 108.28 Mph on that run.He worked for Bassett Headers with Don Yates at the time.I think he got the molds from Earl Smith shortly after that.

RiverRacer
07-23-2006, 07:44 PM
Hey RR we ran every night over the 4th in a nice safe flat lagoon in Aha. We had Tony C. in his flat also a blown alcohol flat.
As far as run'n @Lost L .... I was up there during the day (not by trailer). The proplem is we all like to run where our friends are.
That's cool. I saw you a couple times and agree that Aha Quin is a much better place to race than LL, and it's much better to relax with friends and family than others. I know that there lots of guys here that have much faster boats than any I care to own, or to drive. I'm just saying that to run 103 in 1,000 feet is not THAT EASY to do(or everyone would be doing it). Bill likes to use proven parts(in some cases). Call them used, proven, beat to shiat or whatever, as long as they allow me to run over a hundred in the heat of the day with a ski grate, I'll take em' and use em'. If I need more, I can go to another grate or?????, but so far it's fast enough to make it hard for my old eyes to focus. Peace. RR

pattymelt18
07-23-2006, 09:20 PM
just stepped in btw. the motor thats in dons boat never even came close to running in stricly business trust me folks. any questions just call bill and say youre getting all this info from josh patridge thats me. :crossx: hey low river for what its worth youre wrong the stricly business boat was a zl1 block 460 with carbs 470 with fuel injection set the ski jet kilo record all true. if you know bill so well then he will tell you that the motor not at his "moms house" and then come back and then discuss!!!!

LOWRIVER2
07-24-2006, 03:37 AM
Well,
he must of been having a brain fart since he told me so last fall. That's on him.
Yeah, I do know who you are, did you not tie your boat up with at 19 ft. boat a couple years back near Wheeler Inn? And you were driving a 1/2 ton chevy back then.
No big deal, chill.

LOWRIVER2
07-24-2006, 03:39 AM
Yeah, I know he got "busted" by the league back then for using that block as they (league) thought it was wrong to be using it. They changed a lot of rules on him since he won so much. Pretty weak on the league's part.

superdave013
07-24-2006, 07:45 AM
Seriously nice boat...but 32K?? I think you'll get your chance Chris.
:D
hummm... I was just thinking that 32K for this boat (not your avg CP by a long shot) seemed pretty cheep.
I know of a nice blown gas cole flatbottom that sold for over double what this guy is asking.
There's an ass for every seat I guess.

pce680
07-24-2006, 12:13 PM
just stepped in btw. the motor thats in dons boat never even came close to running in stricly business trust me folks. any questions just call bill and say youre getting all this info from josh patridge thats me. :crossx: hey low river for what its worth youre wrong the stricly business boat was a zl1 block 460 with carbs 470 with fuel injection set the ski jet kilo record all true. if you know bill so well then he will tell you that the motor not at his "moms house" and then come back and then discuss!!!!
Ski Jet back then was a 1 CARB deal ,no Alum block,460 CI max. Ask Capt Clink.

DK18
07-24-2006, 01:55 PM
hummm... I was just thinking that 32K for this boat (not your avg CP by a long shot) seemed pretty cheep.
I know of a nice blown gas cole flatbottom that sold for over double what this guy is asking.
There's an ass for every seat I guess.
Sounds like you know what a boat costs with all NEW parts vs a new boat with old parts!!

Dogballs
07-24-2006, 02:00 PM
DK18 are you and the boat located in Cardiff?

Mike D.
07-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Sounds like you know what a boat costs with all NEW parts vs a new boat with old parts!!
Funny Bill was center of many conversations at the sand bar this weekend!!!
Now I`ve been at the river getting the boat running again, thanks to all of the boys, you know who you are !! 10 days and a new motor that makes incredible power, boats running better than ever. whats going on dk are you getting scared.You will never build another boat, sound like you are having woman issues, never knew you were that type, sorry to here that she`s making you sell. Back to being a p___y. love ya
Seriously though let anybody try and build a boat for that kind of money, and she does leave very hard, this boat will make any one look like a driver, look what it did for my buddy
Now I and some friends have had our fair share of dealings with bill,not all bad not all good, but i will say this i hope bill takes care of his obligations that he has promised me and a good friend of mine (GS) :mad: . Bill is good people he just thinks he can take his money with him,Its sad when money controls you that bad. His girl friend says it best rotten scotten. Bill wears his customer service on the bottom of his shoes,lets face it he does have the nicest Cp molds around so we are faced to deal with him and he knows it ! may be more people will give him a run for his money (wicked 18`s & so cal`s19`s) and make bill change his ways HA HA HA :argue: look me up at Aha I`ll tell you my story, I`m sure the rest of cp owners at aha will do the same & maybe bill can come hang out and share his experinces that he has had with all of us. I`ll buy the beer we`ll be there a while. :crossx:

Wicked Performance Boats
07-24-2006, 06:56 PM
Funny Bill was center of many conversations at the sand bar this weekend!!!
Now I`ve been at the river getting the boat running again, thanks to all of the boys, you know who you are !! 10 days and a new motor that makes incredible power, boats running better than ever. whats going on dk are you getting scared.You will never build another boat, sound like you are having woman issues, never knew you were that type, sorry to here that she`s making you sell. Back to being a p___y. love ya
Seriously though let anybody try and build a boat for that kind of money, and she does leave very hard, this boat will make any one look like a driver, look what it did for my buddy
Now I and some friends have had our fair share of dealings with bill,not all bad not all good, but i will say this i hope bill takes care of his obligations that he has promised me and a good friend of mine (GS) :mad: . Bill is good people he just thinks he can take his money with him,Its sad when money controls you that bad. His girl friend says it best rotten scotten. Bill wears his customer service on the bottom of his shoes,lets face it he does have the nicest Cp molds around so we are faced to deal with him and he knows it ! may be more people will give him a run for his money (wicked 18`s & so cal`s19`s) and make bill change his ways HA HA HA :argue: look me up at Aha I`ll tell you my story, I`m sure the rest of cp owners at aha will do the same & maybe bill can come hang out and share his experinces that he has had with all of us. I`ll buy the beer we`ll be there a while. :crossx:
Funny you should suggest a CP gettogether. I tried to get Bill to have a CP reunion - regatta years ago. He's not interested period! I think he's afraid he'd get lynched. Budlight

pattymelt18
07-24-2006, 08:03 PM
WOW look at wicked go finally found someone to bash bill with on the boards. thats who i want to buy my next boat from a guy who belittles himself to talk crap on ***boat.com

DK18
07-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Here we go again... .......Mike D and his Knife fights!!!!! Mike Im glad you finally got a motor to last more than a weekend. Now... do you think it will make it all the way to Lost Lake? Thus being a "river racer" I hope it stays together long enough to see if you can use your new air meter and all of the other toys you just got!!
I love you Mikeee.......!!
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/lmdave/monkeyavatar.gif

Wicked Performance Boats
07-25-2006, 04:10 AM
WOW look at wicked go finally found someone to bash bill with on the boards. thats who i want to buy my next boat from a guy who belittles himself to talk crap on ***boat.com
Gee excuse me for having any opinion!! Pattiemelt18, we know you are BS's greatest fan . So what you said doesn't suprise me. And for your valuable imput, your such a great chearleader for BS. I didn't say anything bad about BS, you just took it bad because you're always feel you have to jump forward and defend him. If what I said you do not feel is true, Then call or walk around the corner when he's in LaHrbra and ask him why there's no CP Regatta like dam near every other boat manufacturer has that has been in business for a few years. Now pickup your pompoms and root somemore for BS. BL

Wicked Performance Boats
07-25-2006, 10:29 AM
Hey Pattymelt, Did you forget that Pat has owned at least 3 CP's and we were very proud of them. But REMEMBER we could'nt get what we wanted ,SO,we are building our own. YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT!?! "BUILT TO CUSTOMERS SPECS" and you should'nt make comments about a WICKED Boat until you have ridden in one!!!! DEAL or NO DEAL ????? Julie - MRS. WICKED :220v: :crossx: :220v: Remember " ITS ALL GOOD!!!"

pattymelt18
07-25-2006, 11:49 AM
holy crap very aggresive settle down turbo, and i never made a comment about youre boat!!!!!!!

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
07-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Hate to hijack a killer marketing plan in action Budlights but David please give me a call Thanks, Mike

SoCal Power
07-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Update, I sold my 19 CP a few weeks ago so take me off your list. I'm going with a tunnel next time around. DB
CS19......what is the latest asking price for the CP molds?

SoCal Power
07-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Hate to hijack a killer marketing plan in action Budlights but David please give me a call Thanks, Mike
I agree, the BLs marketing plan is spamtastic..............

MikeF
07-25-2006, 07:47 PM
SNAP! :skull:

Cs19
07-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Update, I sold my 19 CP a few weeks ago so take me off your list. I'm going with a tunnel next time around. DB
Not sure what he wants for them this week, Ill ask him next time i see him.
Good call on the tunnel, what kind ?

Cs19
07-25-2006, 09:16 PM
LOL.
Why do i have a funny feeling nolegs is up to something here..

RiverRacer
07-25-2006, 10:02 PM
[QUOTE=cs19]Not sure what he wants for them this week, Ill ask him next time i see him.
It's in the low 6 figure range. Talked to him about it today. Not a bad deal for someone looking to jump into the boat manufacturing game. Not me. I've got plenty of shiat to do everyday as it is. RR

Cs19
07-25-2006, 10:07 PM
It would take quite a bit of time to recover your 100k.
RR, tell us about this boat bill is building.
CS

Fasterthebetter
07-26-2006, 08:12 AM
All this talk about Bill?? I just finished doin my new 06' CP with Bill. I had it on the water twice and its perfect....... I just need a blower now! :) A few guys saw it last weekend when I was at Waterwheel. Dave and Greg Shoe where all there. Dennis at Carrera drove it a good ten miles that weekend, and had no comlaints. I did all the motor and Bill did everything else. The only thing left is to paint my CF numbers on the side. I actually talked to Mr Wicked(pat) and almost worked with him...... But to answer everyones question Bill can be rough to work with be he did everything I wanted. You can tell he's been doin this for toooo long. He's only doin 5 "new" boats a year, so its makin them "rare and vauble". I'll put up some pictures tonight, and everyone can judge for them self. I posted pictures of it when it was outta the mold a month ago. Its the orange and yellow, boat with grey stripes.
Oh and i'll see bill tomorrow, and im gonna tell his ass to get a CP ragatta together!!!!!!!!
-FTB

Mike D.
07-26-2006, 08:29 AM
Dave what kind of hull you going to build?? I think it might have to order myself a daveycraft tunnel do you know where i can get one??? :rollside:

RiverRacer
07-26-2006, 04:22 PM
It would take quite a bit of time to recover your 100k.
RR, tell us about this boat bill is building.
CS
LMAO. I can't. I signed my enlistment papers in blood 25 years ago and am sworn to secrecy. It should be ready for the Manufacturers meet. It will be a little different from what some of you guys have become accustomed to with Bill. At one point, don't forget, he was THEE WHEEL. He has forgotten more stuff than most guys ever know about pumps and boats(including me-I'm no boat rigging genius, I just do engines). Sometimes getting parts, service or information from him is like pulling 4 teeth in one sitting with pliers and no whiskey. It is a painfull process, but in the end, all is better than it was, and well worth it. As long as he's up for it, he's the only guy that will ever touch one of my pumps.
Suffice it to say CS, he won't be looking for the 10 second bracket with the new piece. Maybe just a hair faster. That's what I hear. C ya at the River. RR

Cs19
07-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Suffice it to say CS, he won't be looking for the 10 second bracket with the new piece. Maybe just a hair faster. That's what I hear. C ya at the River. RR
Saw Bill today, he told me all about it. :) He will have his hands full to do what he wants to do in my opinion.

pattymelt18
07-26-2006, 08:08 PM
Saw Bill today, he told me all about it. :) He will have his hands full to do what he wants to do in my opinion. he will have his hands full, but THATS JUST BILL.

Cs19
07-26-2006, 08:28 PM
Bill is an all time classic, i respect the guy bigtime.Hes been doing this stuff for a long ass time. He said he was dissapointed with last seasons results so hes going to redeem himself this year, he is planning on running in a tough bracket though, the guys are right on the number these days along with .1 lights all day long, its tough especially if your a little rusty on the tree.

mirrorimage
07-26-2006, 09:03 PM
well cs i had the honor of riding in a frist generation gullwing ... earl smith... 19 . . tullie busting at 80 is fun . ... bill was a very nice dude at world finals . when i was there with 609 .and duckie and moneysucker. there was a dude there with a single seat texas tunnel < blue center steer cockpit > that said that he had a texas and earl smith 19 gullwing molds he was willing to part with he didnt say how much . but he lived in new mexico .... it be a good grab for someone like wickid or someone ......

Cs19
07-26-2006, 09:20 PM
it be a good grab for someone like wickid or someone ......
Id like to get ahold of something like that too.

Cs19
07-26-2006, 09:21 PM
So whats up with the Cp for sale? did it get snatched up? i know someone was chomping at the bit to get ahold of DK18.
Whats the dealio?

DK18
07-27-2006, 06:50 AM
So whats up with the Cp for sale? did it get snatched up? i know someone was chomping at the bit to get ahold of DK18.
Whats the dealio?
I meeting a guy at Aha on Friday.
Hey... send me your email.

Mike D.
07-27-2006, 06:45 PM
I meeting a guy at Aha on Friday.
Hey... send me your email.
DON`T DO IT YOU`LL BE SORRY , Trust me I know, you don`t know how bad it hurts when your watching from the beach or the dock. Quess well run each other one more time this weekend !!! c-ya @ aha

LOWRIVER2
07-28-2006, 04:20 AM
Scotten bought the molds when MEL BACON got him the info. for them from Mr. Smith.
Bill had just finished up working for Rogers.
Mel Bacon had bigger plans: Coronado Stone
The market for decorative stone is just a LITTLE LARGER than small jet boats.
100k for molds is what he's said for a long time. Hell, he might just demolish them if he chooses like the old Honker Craft. Who knows?
Whatever anyone says, Scotten has my respect, couple tours of Nam in the Marines, still runs on a regular basis and lives modestly. All ingredients to a long, prosperous life.
So who cares if he puts on a regatta? Plenty of others could just show up.
The old line he used to say was good: "sooner or later, you'll own a performance".
The whole genre is a dying breed/hobby, like it or not.
Glad he kept it alive for so long.

DK18
07-28-2006, 08:21 AM
Scotten bought the molds when MEL BACON got him the info. for them from Mr. Smith.
Bill had just finished up working for Rogers.
Mel Bacon had bigger plans: Coronado Stone
The market for decorative stone is just a LITTLE LARGER than small jet boats.
100k for molds is what he's said for a long time. Hell, he might just demolish them if he chooses like the old Honker Craft. Who knows?
Whatever anyone says, Scotten has my respect, couple tours of Nam in the Marines, still runs on a regular basis and lives modestly. All ingredients to a long, prosperous life.
So who cares if he puts on a regatta? Plenty of others could just show up.
The old line he used to say was good: "sooner or later, you'll own a performance".
Glad he kept it alive for so long.
Great Post..... ! He is a good guy.... Tight ass good guy!!!

Cs19
07-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Its not what it was in 1983 obviously but its alive and well and there is plenty of intrest. Ive got a pulse on whats happening in the industry and I tottally disagree with that statement .
On the other hand I agree with the rest of that post, Scotten is a cool guy, Ive got lots of respect for him.

mirrorimage
07-28-2006, 11:00 PM
yup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOWRIVER2
07-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Hey Chris,
You know I hope that this market grows someday, but with gas prices, insurance on 500+ HP,limited recreational housing in "jet" territory where you own the land, and the continued growth of big boats on the strip/other big western lakes, it's hard for the small, big horsepower jets to prosper.
The strip has been a washing machine for the last 5 years on any weekend. Maybe some new housing developments on the AZ side down in Blythe would help.
All the while, more and more newer boaters choose to run bigger boats with I/O's . I'm sure the availability of recreational housing in areas such as Havasu have something to do with the trend as does the shear number of boats that cause more wakes/ thus making it a necessity to run bigger length boats on these same waterways.
Anyways, I hope it changes and hopefully you are seeing a change that most others here don't know about yet.

DK18
09-25-2006, 09:47 AM
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/lmdave/riverfootball153.jpg
solid 105 and 106 mph this weekend for its last time out.
Mike that was a lot of fun Sunday morning. I think I still get you in the 1/8. You definatly pulled on me hard above 100 on the river but I'll still take my chances in the 1/8.
What were the numbers when we ran on the river?

MandDPerformance
09-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Mike that was a lot of fun Sunday morning. I think I still get you in the 1/8. You definatly pulled on me hard above 100 on the river but I'll still take my chances in the 1/8.
What's up DK. Trying to keep your post at the top. You must really hate getting beat; really trying to sell this thing now. :) :)

Mike D..
09-25-2006, 04:22 PM
well 4 out of 5 runs said different,You have got a few more weeks to try again :crossx:
gps said 108 up river, 108 in the lagoon, just glad to get it over with, with a little more boost and hardware changes i could never touch your boat. To bad you`ll never get the chance now that your selling. I`m going to truely miss all the fun dave its been fun. I hope someone else buys it and has as much fun with it as you have.