PDA

View Full Version : Motorcyle Loans....

NOTALENT
07-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Whos got the best deals??? To bad Essex doesnt do them...I would be there in a snap! as long as insurance checks out im gonna have me a new bike this weekend!!! :p

Boozer
07-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Whos got the best deals??? To bad Essex doesnt do them...I would be there in a snap! as long as insurance checks out im gonna have me a new bike this weekend!!! :p
In my experience the manufacturers seem to have the best deals if you plan to pay your stuff off quick. I financed my ATV and 250 through yamaha with a Yamaha card. They offered me no interest for 24 months. If you dont pay it off in the 24 months though, they tag you with 18% interest I believe. At the time Kawasaki was also running a special deal.

NOTALENT
07-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Nice..I just read that on there site....I plan to pay it off reallllll quick...it may be a little extra if they talk me into an R1!!! :crossx:

ChumpChange
07-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Who are you buying the bike through? Please don't say Berts!

Boozer
07-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Nice..I just read that on there site....I plan to pay it off reallllll quick...it may be a little extra if they talk me into an R1!!! :crossx:
Just make sure you get an insurance quote before pulling the trigger. I was looking at new bikes not to long ago and my insurance premiums were going to be as much as the bike payments. My insurance agent told me that roughly 80% of sports bikes are involved in an accident at one time and most insurance companies don't even want to write policies on them because they are a lose lose deal.

NOTALENT
07-20-2006, 04:32 PM
Who are you buying the bike through? Please don't say Berts!
Nah....most likely Long Beach Motorsports...my buddy fockin beat me to it....just rolled over with a new R1!!! He found out I was picking one up this weekend so he beat me to the punch!!! 11K otd. Im waiting to hear from some friends to see if they can hook it up though.

NOTALENT
07-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Just make sure you get an insurance quote before pulling the trigger. I was looking at new bikes not to long ago and my insurance premiums were going to be as much as the bike payments. My insurance agent told me that roughly 80% of sports bikes are involved in an accident at one time and most insurance companies don't even want to write policies on them because they are a lose lose deal.
Im on it tommorow....he just got the full coverage for $60 a month!!! His buddy on his triumph was like $200 a year....so Im calling state farm manana....I guess the rates differ when you call in rather then online....

Boozer
07-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Nah....most likely Long Beach Motorsports...my buddy fockin beat me to it....just rolled over with a new R1!!! He found out I was picking one up this weekend so he beat me to the punch!!! 11K otd. Im waiting to hear from some friends to see if they can hook it up though.
If you decide to trick out your bike let me know. I have a good connect at a bike accessory shop in Ontario. The owners are well known members of the Ruff Ryders and have been stunting for a long time. From tricked out cages to clutches they can hook you up.

Froggystyle
07-20-2006, 04:42 PM
One-up him and buy my Ducati. Nobody even looks at R1's... Ducatis make everyone's jaws drop!
Plus... save a couple bucks and buy a far more bitchin bike.
http://www.craiglathrop.com/a743.jpg
www.tridentboats.com/ducati

Bense468
07-20-2006, 04:44 PM
If you decide to trick out your bike let me know. I have a good connect at a bike accessory shop in Ontario. The owners are well known members of the Ruff Ryders and have been stunting for a long time. From tricked out cages to clutches they can hook you up.
LOL- get out of here jay z.

Boozer
07-20-2006, 04:50 PM
LOL- get out of here jay z.
Sh*t if I were Jay-Z this is the last place I'd be right now. More then likely I'd be having a 3 some with Beyonce and the chick in your avatar flying in a Gulfstream to my own private Island.

KineticoH20
07-20-2006, 05:57 PM
One-up him and buy my Ducati. Nobody even looks at R1's... Ducatis make everyone's jaws drop!
Or......one up the ducati and buy my Bourget :yuk:

Froggystyle
07-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Or......one up the ducati and buy my Bourget :yuk:
If you are selling the Bourget for $10K... sold!
I didn't really need a Rhino anyway... ;)

Big Kahunaa
07-20-2006, 06:02 PM
that be a nice bike

NOTALENT
07-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Thats definatley a nice bike, but I want an R6. Its more my stlye. I was suppost to buy it before the boat...thought it was to expensive...went out the next week and bought the boat for about 3 times more.....hmmmm go figure... :220v:

JetBoatRich
07-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Here is a quote from L.A. Cycle, worth checking it out.
Dear Rich,
Thank You! You are on your way to saving big dollars on your Yamaha 06 R6 (blue). Todays price is $10,199 OUT THE DOOR, including all applicable taxes, registration, and document fees. We do not charge any freight, set-up, or destination charges. Price quotes are good for 48 hours and change constantly with customer demand, inventory levels, and sales goals. All factory rebates and/or promotional dollars are factored into our offer so we can provide you with the lowest price possible.

NOTALENT
07-20-2006, 06:34 PM
How long ago was that rich??? R1 OTD today was 11K!!! :supp: I have seen the R6 otd for 7999 :)

doesitfloat?
07-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Hey NT,
What happened to the investment property plan? I'm not too sure that your bike going to appreciate like you want it to!
(just bustin' your chops--parent style)

JetBoatRich
07-20-2006, 07:09 PM
How long ago was that rich??? R1 OTD today was 11K!!! :supp: I have seen the R6 otd for 7999 :)
I requested it tonight for you, use the link below and check it out.
LA Cycle (http://www.otdcyclesports.com/about.aspx)

NOTALENT
07-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Hey NT,
What happened to the investment property plan? I'm not too sure that your bike going to appreciate like you want it to!
(just bustin' your chops--parent style)
Haha...still go that ready when the time comes....everyone keeps saying 10+months....and I need a new toy... :p

DEEZ NUTTS
07-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Of all the dudes I see wad it up at the track, 90% are on litre bikes. Do yourself a favor and dont get an R1.

beaverretriever
07-20-2006, 08:05 PM
Harley finances most outside product. 95% of all Japanese dealers use Harley financing time to time. Rates start around 4.99% for a simple intrest with no early pre payment penalties with a A-tier credit (739 or above). Dont let the Japanese credit card financing rope you in. Most Japanese dealers financing ends up costing you a lot more than a simple intrest loan. Harley will finance 100%.
Btw, I work for Harley. :)
Dont forget, a motorcycle is a luxury item so interest rates will never be where your new car may have been at that 0-3% range.
Good luck and PM me with any questions.

Troy McClure
07-20-2006, 08:17 PM
If you know a teacher in OC join OCTFCU. They have pretty good rates. I just looked and they have 80% financing at 7.25% for good credit, up to about 13% for poor.
They have always treated me well.

NOTALENT
07-20-2006, 08:54 PM
Harley finances most outside product. 95% of all Japanese dealers use Harley financing time to time. Rates start around 4.99% for a simple intrest with no early pre payment penalties with a A-tier credit (739 or above). Dont let the Japanese credit card financing rope you in. Most Japanese dealers financing ends up costing you a lot more than a simple intrest loan. Harley will finance 100%.
Btw, I work for Harley. :)
Dont forget, a motorcycle is a luxury item so interest rates will never be where your new car may have been at that 0-3% range.
Good luck and PM me with any questions.
Is there a website I can check out the rates and program or even apply for the loan??? How is there insurance??
I am part of wescom & Kinecta credit union, but there rates are around 10-11 %. The cheapest i have found is through the Pentagons credit union. I would have to contact my cousin and have her join then bring me in to it...but 5.9% financing through them... :220v:

RiverRatMike
07-20-2006, 08:55 PM
I'd own a R1 over a ducatis any day! That bike is butt ass ugly!

No Name
07-20-2006, 08:57 PM
If you are selling the Bourget for $10K... sold!
)
I'll give him 15,000.00. :)

al cole'holic
07-20-2006, 09:05 PM
...if you want to take a bike home, sign the papers at the dealership and don't fock around...if you're shopping around stick with a credit union if you are in one or go to the bank you deal with on a daily basis. Bank of America is good to our customers and credit unions are better :)

Froggystyle
07-21-2006, 09:04 AM
But you have no style... you drive an old "catruck" with painted steel wheels. No suprise you would go for the "belly button" Yamaha... :rolleyes:
Yamaha ripped Ducati off big time with it's styling in the recent generation of R6's and the R1's in any case. There is no "Yamaha look" and never has been... since the FJ in any case.
Don't be a hater dude... just because you aren't quite at the point in your life where you are ready for an Italian doesn't mean you need to be spitting venom...

ChumpChange
07-21-2006, 09:15 AM
Before you go off buying and R1, what other bikes have you owned. Not ridden but owned. The R1 is a very light and dangerous bike. The front end lifts on that bike with no effort at all. If you have never owned a smaller bike, that is not the bike I'd start on.
I had a buddy jump onto a 929 as his first bike. He never got comfortable riding the bike because he just couldn't handle it. Bikes are like boats, something that you should work your way up on....otherwise, you may never have fun.
If the R1 is going to be your first owned street bike, we'll have to start a poll on how long it will take for you to crash it.

NOTALENT
07-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Before you go off buying and R1, what other bikes have you owned. Not ridden but owned. The R1 is a very light and dangerous bike. The front end lifts on that bike with no effort at all. If you have never owned a smaller bike, that is not the bike I'd start on.
I had a buddy jump onto a 929 as his first bike. He never got comfortable riding the bike because he just couldn't handle it. Bikes are like boats, something that you should work your way up on....otherwise, you may never have fun.
If the R1 is going to be your first owned street bike, we'll have to start a poll on how long it will take for you to crash it.
Haha...I have rode dirtbikes my whole life...this will be my first street bike (owned) However I have rode a Ducati 999 Superbike, GSXR 1000, R1 & R6 a couple choppers and kawi crusiers. Im not a beginner, to say the least. I just never owned. I will most likely get the R6 I tend to push my self to the limits and the R1 would not be wise. The R6 has enough power for me.

x7734x
07-21-2006, 09:39 AM
Go with a credit union for financing and hey I have an 02 R1 Liquid silver for sale $4500 and it comes with a box parts and about 6 tires.

NOTALENT
07-21-2006, 10:26 AM
just got off with state farm for insurance....called in....if I change my truck over as well... the bike insurance is $297 every 6 months...truck will be $1287 every 6 months...cheaper then I currently pay!!! :rollside:
If it was just the bike it would be $1400 every 6 months!!!! :cry:
Everything looks good!!! :crossx:

76ANTHONY
07-21-2006, 11:56 AM
Haha...I have rode dirtbikes my whole life...this will be my first street bike (owned) However I have rode a Ducati 999 Superbike, GSXR 1000, R1 & R6 a couple choppers and kawi crusiers. Im not a beginner, to say the least. I just never owned. I will most likely get the R6 I tend to push my self to the limits and the R1 would not be wise. The R6 has enough power for me.
stop being a puss step up to a cbr600rr, i'll get ya a deal and then you wont look as foolish :crossx: ride red bro.......

NOTALENT
07-21-2006, 12:10 PM
stop being a puss step up to a cbr600rr, i'll get ya a deal and then you wont look as foolish :crossx: ride red bro.......
when it comes to the street bikes....you cant ride red....yami all the way....!!

76ANTHONY
07-21-2006, 12:29 PM
when it comes to the street bikes....you cant ride red....yami all the way....!!
hahahaha, i'm lookin right now for ya, tryin to beat the price. r6 is a nice bike no doubt about it......

NOTALENT
07-21-2006, 12:31 PM
hahahaha, i'm lookin right now for ya, tryin to beat the price. r6 is a nice bike no doubt about it......
WHOOOHOOO!!! Make sure its the Raven edition!! :D

76ANTHONY
07-21-2006, 12:34 PM
WHOOOHOOO!!! Make sure its the Raven edition!! :D
ok i have no clue what the hell that is but i'll check, raven, yamafag talk or what? :p :)

NOTALENT
07-21-2006, 12:38 PM
ok i have no clue what the hell that is but i'll check, raven, yamafag talk or what? :p :)
HAHA..FOCKER!!! its the alll black edition! :crossx:

76ANTHONY
07-21-2006, 12:42 PM
HAHA..FOCKER!!! its the alll black edition! :crossx:
dude i had it hooked up, then they tell me they wont have an r6 any r6 till oct, hahahah love yamaha.....sorry bro i really tried......

NOTALENT
07-21-2006, 12:45 PM
dude i had it hooked up, then they tell me they wont have an r6 any r6 till oct, hahahah love yamaha.....sorry bro i really tried......
WTF!!?? Good lord...whats up with that??? anything slightly used...??? haha.

76ANTHONY
07-21-2006, 12:49 PM
WTF!!?? Good lord...whats up with that??? anything slightly used...??? haha.
i dont keep up with yamaha but dam thats their hotest seller isnt it? you think they'd have 15 in stock, we have 14 600's in stock and all colors. wth is up with that???? did you call to see who has one in stock?

NOTALENT
07-21-2006, 12:55 PM
i dont keep up with yamaha but dam thats their hotest seller isnt it? you think they'd have 15 in stock, we have 14 600's in stock and all colors. wth is up with that???? did you call to see who has one in stock?
You would think....yup the best seller....Long Beach motorsports has one in there warehouse....so does Champion yamaha and berts...trying to work the best deal....

76ANTHONY
07-21-2006, 01:20 PM
You would think....yup the best seller....Long Beach motorsports has one in there warehouse....so does Champion yamaha and berts...trying to work the best deal....
things to watch out for, gap ins and ext warranty, ask how much these are....

RiverRatMike
07-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Go with the R6 it will last you for years. My buddy has one and I'm always begging him to ride it. Tons of power everywhere and wheelies very nice. I'm going to get one soon.

cola
08-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Definitely coming from a boy that has never ridden the fine Italian Ducati. This is what works for me 999R. On Ducati Island @ Laguna Seca for the Moto GP race. I like all bikes, don't be a hater. :cool:
Late, Mike
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1268153_5360_2.JPG

NOTALENT
08-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Go with the R6 it will last you for years. My buddy has one and I'm always begging him to ride it. Tons of power everywhere and wheelies very nice. I'm going to get one soon.
Dude...this R6 is Bitchen!! Im glad i picked it up....she dont even come alive until about 10k RPM Redline is @ 16K. Just put on a Graves Fender Elim kit, and Frame Sliders. Going in tommorow to get the Graves Slip on exhaust, Carbon fiber tank pad sticker, and a scotts damper for when I hit the track. More to come... :crossx:
http://myspace-539.vo.llnwd.net/00995/93/59/995209539_l.jpg

NOTALENT
08-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Definitely coming from a boy that has never ridden the fine Italian Ducati. This is what works for me 999R. On Ducati Island @ Laguna Seca for the Moto GP race. I like all bikes, don't be a hater. :cool:
Late, Mike
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1268153_5360_2.JPG
Fock...yup...definatley a bitchen bike. did you race at laguna? I am about to sign un for a few race classes @ California Speedway...last weekend fell through since my money got jacked 2 weeks ago and finally got it back yesterday!!! :mad: cant wait for track time.

cola
08-02-2006, 09:10 PM
Fock...yup...definatley a bitchen bike. did you race at laguna? I am about to sign un for a few race classes @ California Speedway...last weekend fell through since my money got jacked 2 weeks ago and finally got it back yesterday!!! :mad: cant wait for track time.
No we were just watching. There was a track day @ Cal. Speedway on Sun. I didn't go either. I need to set-up my RC51 as a track bike, I think.
Is 16K redline the adjusted or the claimed one. I know there was a little discrepancy on thoes bikes. A friend has one set-up as a track weapon. It's set-up with GP shifting (all upshifts are down & visa versa)and a Power Commander clutch less unit. You need the Power Race Michelin tires when you wear those out.
Late, Mike

NOTALENT
08-03-2006, 06:10 AM
No we were just watching. There was a track day @ Cal. Speedway on Sun. I didn't go either. I need to set-up my RC51 as a track bike, I think.
Is 16K redline the adjusted or the claimed one. I know there was a little discrepancy on thoes bikes. A friend has one set-up as a track weapon. It's set-up with GP shifting (all upshifts are down & visa versa)and a Power Commander clutch less unit. You need the Power Race Michelin tires when you wear those out.
Late, Mike
Yeah...there was an error...it says 17.5K RPM, but its actually 16kRPM. Yamaha even setup a buy bike program if you werent happy with it. I cant wait to get a few more mods...slowly, but surely. Getting damper this weekend with a Alpinestar Stage leather jacket. I have been hearing alot about those tires, so I most likely will pic them up....Took sand paper to mine last weekend and broke them in...
Do you do the track days often?

cola
08-03-2006, 06:30 AM
I havn't yet. I need to setup the RC51 for that. Remember your ins. is no good on the track. So if you throw it away on the track it's on you, not them. $$$ :mad:

NOTALENT
08-03-2006, 06:48 AM
I havn't yet. I need to setup the RC51 for that. Remember your ins. is no good on the track. So if you throw it away on the track it's on you, not them. $$$ :mad:
Really??? I didnt know that....eeshh....gonna have to check on that. :cry: Is there track insurance or anything that you can get?

mondorally
08-03-2006, 07:04 AM
Is there track insurance or anything that you can get?
http://www.mastercard.com/common/images/mrk_mastercard.gif

NOTALENT
08-03-2006, 08:25 AM
Haha...shit....not lookin forward to that... :220v:

cola
08-03-2006, 08:25 AM
Or you would need to perjure your self & file a false police report & insurance claim. Should be worth 2-5 at Chino. :skull:

cola
08-07-2006, 07:37 PM
I did a little checking and your insurance might be good and in effect for a track day ride. It is a instruction class as long as it is NOT a race. You would need to check with YOUR insurance co. to be sure. GOOD NEWS :cool:
Late, Mike

SoCalHD
08-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Hey Mike, You been hitting any of the twisties around here?? Big Bear and Idyllwild are a lot of fun!!
Chris

77charger
08-07-2006, 09:13 PM
I pay 350 per year on a gsxr750 full coverage from st farm.But it helps to be 33,insure all vehichles thru them,married and a clean driving record :rollside: an 18-24 yr old might pay that or more each month :cry:

cola
08-08-2006, 07:11 AM
Hey Mike, You been hitting any of the twisties around here?? Big Bear and Idyllwild are a lot of fun!!
Chris
I hit them all. I have lived here all my life, and we have some of the best riding in the country in our back yard. Street or dirt. Let's hook-up a ride. My new CRF450X is ready to go.
Late, Mike

NOTALENT
08-08-2006, 08:25 AM
I did a little checking and your insurance might be good and in effect for a track day ride. It is a instruction class as long as it is NOT a race. You would need to check with YOUR insurance co. to be sure. GOOD NEWS :cool:
Late, Mike
Hell yeah...that is definatley good news. I will have to call state farm and check it out.! :rollside: How was your ride this past weekend?

Sherpa
08-08-2006, 08:31 AM
so whats the deal with the Bourget for sale-?
lol.... no, seriously........
--Sherpa

cola
08-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Hell yeah...that is definatley good news. I will have to call state farm and check it out.! :rollside: How was your ride this past weekend?
Good ride & we were at Necombs for breakfast & back home in time for me to drop the Duc. in Irvine for it's first service. The RC51 is still a blast to ride & sounds bitchen. Only 250 miles but we didn't have all day.
Late, Mike

SoCalHD
08-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Sweet-We hit up Idy thru Anza to south county.....Went through Borrego Springs, lunch in Jullian, and back again down Idyllwild. Great day!!