PDA

View Full Version : Best Location for Startup Business???

BlackedoutF250
07-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Hey Guys Im looking to get a building for my new business selling Adrenaline powerboats aswell as for my lift shop to install suspension lifts, performance accessores, wheels and tires etc. I have two options that Im looking at one in Corona at 1052 Railroad and Lincoln its a great looking building and then theres one in Anaheim on eagle and tustin. I have included two links one for each building and I want to see where you guys think I will do the best with my new business.
#1 http://www.lee-associates.com/properties/details.php?id=11186
#2 http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=3880%20E%20Eagle%20Dr&city=Anaheim&state=CA&zipcode=92807%2d1706&country=US&geodiff=1
http://www.cbre.com/USA/Property+Listings/Properties+for+Sale.htm property id# 14645935
Let me know what you guys think
Thanks John
Unique Performance West, Inc.

H20 Party Starter
07-20-2006, 08:46 PM
You want something that is next to a Freeway, with a BIG sign or twelve. Preferably something where you can park lifted trucks and boats in view of traffic. It's the best advertising you will ever get
Location Location Location :)

BlackedoutF250
07-20-2006, 08:50 PM
I would love something off the freeway however there isnt anything available on the freeway. I have been looking and looking so both the buildings I posted are about 1/4 mile or less from the freeway and are direct from the freeway on one road and requires a limited number of turns. What area do you guys feel is better for such a business, out in corona or would it be better to be in orange county. If Im out in Corona I would be any further east than the 15 freeway so it would be off the 91 between the 71 and the 15. If it were in Orange County it would be Orange, Fullerton, Anaheim, or somewhere around those cities.
Thanks John
www.uniqueperformancewest.com

BlackedoutF250
07-20-2006, 09:26 PM
anyone

BoatFloating
07-20-2006, 09:30 PM
Corona is a Mecca for what your looking to do. It's got to be cheaper for the $ PSF right? compared to Anaheim?

HocusPocus
07-20-2006, 09:33 PM
Corona would be a good location, you can get customers from the inland empire as well as orange county... its sort of in between them. :cool:

ROZ
07-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Corona is a Mecca for what your looking to do. It's got to be cheaper for the $ PSF right? compared to Anaheim?
I was thinking the same thing...

AirtimeLavey
07-20-2006, 10:31 PM
Corona for the reasons stated above. Plus, the area's still growing so you will be there as the area matures. All around you there, is a strong client base for that type of business.
Good luck. Sounds like a fun business. :cool:

Drift
07-20-2006, 10:40 PM
Both Eliminator and most recently Ultra tried shops in OC and they were closed within a year or so. I would put it in Corona off the freeway like everyone else. Signs, boats, lifted trucks. = sales.

BlackedoutF250
07-21-2006, 06:49 AM
Thanks for the responses guys, now there is another option in orange right at the center of everyone in anaheim
http://www.freewaycrossroads.com/
its not complete yet but might be another viable option.
Thanks John

HOOTER SLED-
07-21-2006, 07:03 AM
That location on Railroad gets alot of business like traffic. Not to mention some commuter traffic in the mornings of peeps trying to find a faster way to get on the freeway right there. There are some new buildings going up as well right off the 15 at Ontario. Not sure what type of business they will be for. Looks like there are some high visible spots right off the 15 as well. Just South of the 91. Ontario is like the 2nd exit heading South just from the 91. Check that area out. Tons of traffic there. Alot of it gets backed up there too. Just more time for potential customers to see your biz if it's visible. Good luck. :rollside:

x7734x
07-21-2006, 07:05 AM
If you can re-locate come to Vegas. There are no real power boat performance shops here other than the one in Boulder City.

Tom Slick
07-21-2006, 07:10 AM
corona

One Particular Harbor
07-21-2006, 07:12 AM
You are relatively close to Lake Elsinore for customer demos/test rides.
Plus, the 91 Freeway is the "exit corridor" for almost the entire Southern California boating population (on their way to Havasu). Your target demographic will drive by your location every time they are on their way to the River.
Second the notion that a location with frontage on the freeway is a very good way to go. Personally (and no offense intended to anyone) I am not a huge fan of Commander boats, but I do look at their inventory everytime I drive through the area (and some of their gel coats look great...very eye-catching from the freeway).
Best of luck with your new venture!
OPH

HOOTER SLED-
07-21-2006, 07:22 AM
You are relatively close to Lake Elsinore for customer demos/test rides.
Plus, the 91 Freeway is the "exit corridor" for almost the entire Southern California boating population (on their way to Havasu). Your target demographic will drive by your location every time they are on their way to the River.
Second the notion that a location with frontage on the freeway is a very good way to go. Personally (and no offense intended to anyone) I am not a huge fan of Commander boats, but I do look at their inventory everytime I drive through the area (and some of their gel coats look great...very eye-catching from the freeway).
Best of luck with your new venture!
OPH
This is why I mentioned the area up above. There is Newport Boats and Hardin Marine right there. So I think a "performance" boat shop would stand out right around there.

BlackedoutF250
07-21-2006, 07:26 AM
Ya I would definetly agree with you guys, I would love some freeway frontage its just hard to find a building thats just perfect on the freeway because there is less available to choose from. Im also very iffy about going past the 15 freeway because I want to be able to pull from the Orange County area due to the large dollar area that it is. I also want something with great curb appeal such as the railroad building has great curb appeal and thats why I like it so much. I appreciate all your comments and Im taking them all into consideration, I value your comments since you are all potential customers lol.
John

SHOTKALLIN
07-21-2006, 08:26 AM
Find a fwy location even if its in Riverside or Moreno Valley. The Glamis and River crowd rolls by every weekend.

a catered life
07-21-2006, 09:46 AM
if you want something with lots of traffic and a area where the competion is almost none you might want to think about the av area palmdale and lancaster...once again they won the honor of the fastest growing city in california there is a ton of property and at a great price you may want to look in to this area

socalmofo
07-21-2006, 11:03 AM
What is the pricing like on the Adrenaline 24?
That has got to be the best looking 24 I have ever seen!

BlackedoutF250
07-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Hey Socalmofo hit me up with an email or give me a call if your interested in the V24 Id be glad to chat with you about it. And guys thanks for all the responses Im gonna continue pursuing buildings in the corona area between the 71 and the 15 off the 91 with freeway frontage. And when I open shop I expect to see everyone there lol.
Thanks John
Socalmofo my info
John@uniqueperformancemarine.com
714-865-3502

Riverkid
07-21-2006, 07:18 PM
That location on Railroad gets alot of business like traffic. Not to mention some commuter traffic in the mornings of peeps trying to find a faster way to get on the freeway right there. There are some new buildings going up as well right off the 15 at Ontario. Not sure what type of business they will be for. Looks like there are some high visible spots right off the 15 as well. Just South of the 91. Ontario is like the 2nd exit heading South just from the 91. Check that area out. Tons of traffic there. Alot of it gets backed up there too. Just more time for potential customers to see your biz if it's visible. Good luck. :rollside:
Back in the day we moved Designer Marine from Placentia (right off the 57 N of the 91) to Corona right off the 91 at Lincoln, in Corona. We had boats out there every day in the lot. We fought off retail jobs all summer hoping for winter work. It worked. Find freeway frontage. Embrace it. Succeed. :)

BlackedoutF250
07-21-2006, 11:17 PM
I dont know if anyones familiar with it but in corona on the north end of the 91 freeway just as your entering corona from orange county there is the building that has the pro circuit sign on it and the monster energy sign on it. The building at the very end there next to those might be available. Its got very good freeway frontage wanted to see what you guys think about it, you would get off at serfas club/auto center drive and its on the same street as the auto dealerships i believe its wardlow. Well anyways let me know what you guys think.
Thanks John
714-865-3502

BlackedoutF250
07-22-2006, 09:38 AM
Does anyone know about the Pro Circuit company off the 91 freeway or know anyone high up there. They own all three buildings at the end of that street off the freeway but they are looking to possibly rent out the last one in the future and Id like to chat with someone over there about it because that building appears to be perfect.
Thanks John