PDA

View Full Version : Bennett Pumps

BrendellaJet
07-21-2006, 05:31 AM
Anyone know the specs on these pumps? Looking for a cheap replacement...

flat broke
07-21-2006, 07:42 AM
You could do up a Parker Hannifin/oildyne pump like what Aggressor uses for their diverter controls, or Dana uses for their hatch hinges. The good thing about em, is that they are setup with a 3 wire deal, so you don't need any diodes or relays to use common steering wheel mounted controls. And they definitely move the diverter faster than the Bennett units. Don't know on the cost though. I know Dana gets like $470 for their hatch lift pump, but you're paying marine retail there, where if you had the correct PN for the pump, you might be able to get it through Grainger or McMaster for less.
Good luck,
Chris

skipr
07-21-2006, 09:25 AM
I use the parker pump on my custom jet-o-vator, I paid around 300.00 for the pump, lines, and cyclinder. Works great. :cool:

BrendellaJet
07-21-2006, 05:01 PM
anyone have a part # on the parker pump? I happen to work for a company who distributes parker products...May be able to get a deal on it.
Thanks!

flat broke
07-21-2006, 05:13 PM
I'll get it for you tomorrow (Saturday) when I visit my pile of parts.
Chris

BrendellaJet
07-21-2006, 08:47 PM
Bitchen. Thanks Chris.

flat broke
07-22-2006, 10:15 PM
The pn on my pump is 536165, but after checking on PH/Oildyne's site, I don't think that is the correct series of numbers. I'll have another peek tomorrow (Sunday) and at the very least get the exact spec, so you could generate a PN through the configurator utility on their site.
Sorry for the delay,
Chris

BrendellaJet
07-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Thanks Chris. Appreciate your efforts.

flat broke
07-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Here ya go - 108AE19-CL-1VT(or the T might be a 7)
The rest of the PN up to the V makes sense compared to their configuration tool, so that should get you close enough to get something from your rep.
Chris

Cs19
07-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Which pump is that? is that the one Aggsr. uses?

BrendellaJet
07-23-2006, 08:10 PM
Thanks Chris.

flat broke
07-23-2006, 09:44 PM
Chris,
I got that pump from Aggressor, so I'm assuming it's the one they use in their hydraulic kit. I mis-spoke earlier when I indicated that the wiring was super simple for that pump. I believe my wiring harness that I got from Aggressor uses a relay to reverse polarity to the motor on the pump. So the fact that it is an easy 3 wire connection has little to do with the pump, and more to do with the loom. The same deal could be done using diodes, a relay setup, or a set of solenoids like Dana uses on their hinge setups.
Chris

Cs19
07-23-2006, 11:21 PM
Chris,
I got that pump from Aggressor, so I'm assuming it's the one they use in their hydraulic kit. I mis-spoke earlier when I indicated that the wiring was super simple for that pump. I believe my wiring harness that I got from Aggressor uses a relay to reverse polarity to the motor on the pump. So the fact that it is an easy 3 wire connection has little to do with the pump, and more to do with the loom. The same deal could be done using diodes, a relay setup, or a set of solenoids like Dana uses on their hinge setups.
Chris
why does everything have to be so difficult these days?
:)

flat broke
07-24-2006, 07:14 AM
why does everything have to be so difficult these days?
:)
If you want to run a DPDT switch, then it doesn't have to be difficult. The problem is that all of the steering wheel controls out there only have 3 wires, so you have to use something to reverse the polarity.
It'd be cool to hear how much Brendella Jet ends up paying though Parker for the pump.
Chris

BrendellaJet
07-24-2006, 01:02 PM
damn, no dice. my contact cant get the part.

SoggyJet
07-25-2006, 04:04 AM
Just as an FYI,
It is possible to use a Mercruiser I/O trim pump for a diverter. (Oildyne type pump) The one change you have to make is the up pressure. The Mercruiser up presure is high enough to burst the nylon lines and possibly blow seals, but you can adjust the internal pressure releif so it will work. The one other challenge is adapting the fittings on the pump (1/8" inverted flare)to accept the vinyl tube but that is not to hard either.
The advantage of the Mercruiser pump is that you can often find them used, I saw one on Ebay the other day. It is pretty pricey if you buy new.
Doug