PDA

View Full Version : f-250 vs 350

Get415
07-21-2006, 12:14 PM
Whats the diff, and do you prefer 1 over the other as far as ride comfort and all that jazz. I might grab a 250 psd cause i can get a kick ass deal from bro-in law, but my hart is set on a gmc 2500. Any input is appreciated :)
i hope this doesn't turn into ford vs gm.

LAFD
07-21-2006, 12:17 PM
i think the only differences is the axles and towing rate. plus i was told on a 350 you have to pay extra per year because it considered a commercial vehicle i beleive.

Warlockjer
07-21-2006, 12:23 PM
Love my 350 psd, but like LAFD says in Az you do pay extra for a one ton. :)

cc322
07-21-2006, 12:31 PM
From what I have been told, the only differance between a f-250 vs f-350 is that the 250 uses a 2" block in the rear as the 350 uses a 4", everything else is the same. Maybe shadow will cime in hear, he know fords.

Get415
07-21-2006, 12:34 PM
ok good, so 250 is the way to go. i liked my 150 and never had a problem, but have heard about problems with the diesels. You experience any of this or did i just get the "ford sucks/ no chevy sucks". i need 1st hand info

LAFD
07-21-2006, 12:46 PM
ok good, so 250 is the way to go. i liked my 150 and never had a problem, but have heard about problems with the diesels. You experience any of this or did i just get the "ford sucks/ no chevy sucks". i need 1st hand info
your always gunna get the ford sucks chevy sucks thing with anybody. what it comes down to is what you like. me i think the chevy is more plush and has a little more room than the ford. also has a great motor trans combo. but both trucks are good. just upto you.

soupersonic
07-21-2006, 02:24 PM
I have never heard of paying extra because its a 1 ton,its rated under 9900 #'s.I thought it was 10,000 #'s and over you had to get a commercial license. Im not sure the exact differences between the 2 vehicles but usually the 1 ton has bigger brakes ,heavier duty axles,stiffer springs etc.
Im not bashing Fords so dont take this the wrong way but if its a 6.0 L your looking at, make sure you check it real good,they have been having alot of problems with them,from what i have read and heard ,you have a 50/50 chance of getting a lemon, depending on the year (you didnt specify) good luck :)

cc322
07-21-2006, 03:07 PM
Im not sure the exact differences between the 2 vehicles but usually the 1 ton has bigger brakes ,heavier duty axles,stiffer springs etc.
Thats what I thought but I was corrected by a Ford Tech, and was told about the block size under the rear leafs is the only differance??? As far as room I have the Ford crew cab and my brother in law has GMC crew cab and the ford is quite a bit bigger on the inside. And for the 6.0 people are right you either get a good one or a bad one, as me I love my V10 :rollside:

HammerDown
07-21-2006, 03:12 PM
... but if its a 6.0 L your looking at, make sure you check it real good,they have been having alot of problems with them,from what i have read and heard ,you have a 50/50 chance of getting a lemon, depending on the year (you didnt specify) good luck :)
And that's a sad fact!
From 03 to current it's a gamble and at 50K not a chance I'm willing to take...and I'm a Ford guy all the way, 7.3 owner.

BOBALOO
07-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Thats what I thought but I was corrected by a Ford Tech, and was told about the block size under the rear leafs is the only differance??? As far as room I have the Ford crew cab and my brother in law has GMC and the ford is quite a bit bigger on the inside. And for the 6.0 people are right you either get a good one or a bad one, as me me I love my V10 :rollside:
Yup 4" block on the 350 and 2" on the 250. LEGALLY the 350 has more payload capacity so if you use a camper it might be better to have the 350 if you are worried about getting stopped.
They both have the same leaf springs though. :hammer2:
Love my V10 also. New wheels look good on yours.

BOBALOO
07-21-2006, 03:15 PM
And that's a sad fact!
From 03 to current it's a gamble and at 50K not a chance I'm willing to take...and I'm a Ford guy all the way, 7.3 owner.
My 02 7.3 has 174k mi on it and my 03 V10 has 36k on it. NO WAY would I buy a 6.0. Too many bad ones in our work fleet.

AZmike
07-21-2006, 07:12 PM
I have a f350 and its cost a little bit more for commercial plates. I think it cost $13.00 more a year than a f250.

Trailer Park Casanova
07-21-2006, 07:24 PM
The 6 liters were overboosted.
Ya get cracks in the cylinder liners that run to the top and blowout through the head gaskets.
We have 70 of the early ones in our fleet and that's the most common of several major problems we've seen.
The F350 may have higher resale.
For about a 3 month period before the 6 liter came out, Ford made a 7 point somethin' with the HD tranny that is tits if ya can find one.
Start/finish VIN numbers of that specific run/options pop up on Ford sites from time to time.
Several unique things Ford did on this specific 90 day run with the engine & driveline with the F2/350's that make them extra special quality, simple and very good.
Occasionally an owner of one pops up here in the forums bragging about it.

Riverkid
07-21-2006, 08:05 PM
We have 70 of them in our fleet and that's the most common of several major problems we've seen.
Holy snikeys! And I thought I has prob's. We had several of the series trucks you mentioned. They were stout. They were reflashed, I believed, to detune them a bit. It worked. Those trucks ran hard at max GVWR with no issues.
I have an '05 6.0 and we have bought ten more this year with thankfully no issues yet. Last year was a mother, though...