PDA

View Full Version : cheetah boats

freakdave
07-21-2006, 02:28 PM
How do those cheetah tunnels perform. Looks like a v-hull from the front but transitions into a tunnel. They really need a better website. Am building a 509 N/A and researching a 24-27 cat or sport deck boat to drop it in. I've requested a brochure from cheetah on their 24' deck boat. Got to have something family friendly with a little go-fast for myself. Anyone have experience with the 24' deckboat. Any idea how much $$ approx without power on a trailer. No i cant afford a DCB with twin whipplecharged intercooled nitrous injected turbo prop aluminum block motors, sorry.

MOBrien
07-21-2006, 02:58 PM
put that thing in a 24 Stiletto and it'll be a rocketship. My 7.4 barely gets the tunnel packing air and have often thought of bruting it up a bit with a 540 to get the hull doing what it's supposed to.
Good luck and watch out for the Cheetah haters in here.....We love ours!

BigDoug
07-21-2006, 04:12 PM
I too love my 24 stilleto with a warmed over 454, 990 heads, cam etc.
It will do 72-74 mph with a 22p 4b prop.
My buddy has the 24 deck boat which has the exact same bottom of the stilleto, when you put people up front it really rides better, i like the deck boat :)

djunkie
07-21-2006, 04:15 PM
No i cant afford a DCB with twin whipplecharged intercooled nitrous injected turbo prop aluminum block motors, sorry.
Just pull money out of your house. Do it do it. :crossx: :crossx:

hot_diggity_dog
07-21-2006, 06:09 PM
How do those cheetah tunnels perform. Looks like a v-hull from the front but transitions into a tunnel. They really need a better website. Am building a 509 N/A and researching a 24-27 cat or sport deck boat to drop it in. I've requested a brochure from cheetah on their 24' deck boat. Got to have something family friendly with a little go-fast for myself. Anyone have experience with the 24' deckboat. Any idea how much $$ approx without power on a trailer. No i cant afford a DCB with twin whipplecharged intercooled nitrous injected turbo prop aluminum block motors, sorry.
The smallest motor package the Bravo I comes with is a 350. If you go this route and sell the motor you should be able to get one for around 50K
I've had (2) 24 deck boats.
Currently running a N/A 540 CU 625 HP motor, running around 80 MPH setup right Blah Blah Blah
HDD

freakdave
07-22-2006, 06:02 AM
give me a little more insight into your 24 decks. seeing that you've owned 2 of them you must like them. do they porpoise. how do they handle such as tracking and turning and getting on plane. workmanship? thanks, dave

hot_diggity_dog
07-22-2006, 06:23 AM
give me a little more insight into your 24 decks. seeing that you've owned 2 of them you must like them. do they porpoise. how do they handle such as tracking and turning and getting on plane. workmanship? thanks, dave
Where are you from?
What kind of boating and where do you boat?
Do you pull skiers/wakeboarders?
Porpoise!! most of the west coast cats have some!!
http://www.riverratlife.com/images/HDD.gif
Handling and tracking just fine!
Workmanship! Their finish work is average only, but also reflected in the price! I made a lot of changes and improvements on my own.
Hot "Never had a boat payment" Diggity Dog

shadow
07-22-2006, 06:30 AM
Hot "Never had a boat payment" Diggity Dog
Hot"never had a boat payment"SMARTDiggity Dog.

freakdave
07-22-2006, 08:09 AM
boat lake travis (austin,tx). mostly cruising, pull some tubers and skiers occasionally. cats are not popular here, mostly baja fountain formula. i dont want to look like the rest of the v-hulls on the lake. i really like the sport deck type of boats with the cat hull. have to have room for friends and family but also need a go fast fix occasionally.

hot_diggity_dog
07-22-2006, 01:58 PM
boat lake travis (austin,tx). mostly cruising, pull some tubers and skiers occasionally. cats are not popular here, mostly baja fountain formula. i dont want to look like the rest of the v-hulls on the lake. i really like the sport deck type of boats with the cat hull. have to have room for friends and family but also need a go fast fix occasionally.
You will be fine with the deck boat and your motor setup!
HDD