PDA

View Full Version : Trim tabs?

HefeRaton
07-21-2006, 03:15 PM
I took my new boat out today and was real happy with it, but it sure seemed to lean on the right side. I've had nothing but jets before so a prop is new to me. I have a 21 LaveyCraft and I don't know if trim tabs would help or is it just the driver? Need some ***boat advice here.

a catered life
07-21-2006, 03:18 PM
what kind of hull? and tabs on a 21 to me is over kill :220v: check your gas levels you may need to use the opposite side less and run you side more..i have them and dont even need them

rivergoer
07-21-2006, 03:19 PM
did you have a cooler or people on the right side of it???

pixrthis
07-21-2006, 03:25 PM
I had a 21 and found it to be very weight sensitive, put tabs on it because I got sick of asking people to move all the time. Tabs made the boat better for skiing and wakeboarding, well worth the money. It's a great boat.

Desert Rat
07-21-2006, 03:32 PM
For what it's worth, my brothers 21 Lavey has taps on it. I have found that it is VERY sensitive to to side to side weight, like to much gas on one side or heavy coolers etc. The tabs help quite a bit.

HefeRaton
07-21-2006, 03:35 PM
what kind of hull? and tabs on a 21 to me is over kill :220v: check your gas levels you may need to use the opposite side less and run you side more..i have them and dont even need them
This might be the case because I had one full tank and 1 a quarter full. When I test drove it, it did not do that and neither tank was full. My hull is a 2000 step V. The boat handled really well its just an adjustment for me from my jet to a prop. My new boat is just so much bigger than my old one.

hallett21
07-23-2006, 08:55 AM
I had a 21 and found it to be very weight sensitive, put tabs on it because I got sick of asking people to move all the time. Tabs made the boat better for skiing and wakeboarding, well worth the money. It's a great boat.
Same here we have bennet trim tabs are 21 Hallett vector, not only do they correct balance issues they are great for keeping the boat on plane even when your towing at the slowest speeds WELL WORTH THE MONEY!! o did i mention they smooth out rough water???

Trailer Park Casanova
07-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Consider a battery (or 2) on the left side if you have the room.
Cheap, easy install and it's always nice to have more juice.