PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of Carbb

missspent
07-21-2006, 07:48 PM
So the wife wanted to see it and we went. If you saw it, what did you think? Sort of an informal poll to confirm my thoughts.
www.lakehavasucityinformation.com

Trailer Park Casanova
07-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Not as good as the first one, much darker.
We like Depp no matter what.
Several of the big boob female cast members work a second job at PC's pub in Simi Valley BTW.
Sara is one,, she'll be waitressing breakfast tomorrow.

wedge44
07-21-2006, 08:05 PM
now we have too wait 2 years for capt. barbosa to rescue capt. sparrow from the kracken

SoCal_fun
07-21-2006, 08:29 PM
To long and booring for me. Kids loved it though! I just enjoyed the movie hotdogs and nachos!! :)

Outnumbered
07-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Is Keira in it? She was hot in the first one...
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/walt_disney/pirates_of_the_caribbean__the_curse_of_the_black_p earl/keira_knightley/pirates4.jpg

H20 Toie
07-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Is Keira in it? She was hot in the first one...
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/walt_disney/pirates_of_the_caribbean__the_curse_of_the_black_p earl/keira_knightley/pirates4.jpg
yes she is. not as good as the first but enough different stuff to still be good. it is worthwhile to go to.

jbone
07-21-2006, 10:50 PM
I thought it was good, but about 30 min too long. My ass was getting sore.

chub
07-21-2006, 10:53 PM
I won't see it as depp is in it. He don't love America I won't support his french living ass.
OMG that's politically correct. Fock that POS.
That's not a typo.
If you don't love America then don't excpect my cash!

Freak
07-22-2006, 04:10 AM
France has been our Alli for 200 years.
1. They helped us win our independance.
2. They fought with us in 1812 when the Brits burned the White House
3. They interdicted the Brits attempt to aide the confederacy during the Civil war.
4. The fought beside us during WW1
5. We paid them back in 1945 when we liberated them.
I don't get it....What's not to like?

Trailer Park Casanova
07-22-2006, 04:26 AM
You left out they invented the blow job.

Debbolas
07-22-2006, 08:32 AM
There was two of everything, two villians, two plot lines, too much.
I always enjoy watching Depp and Orlando, but they turned Depp's acting into pratfalls.
Excellent graphics with the Flying Dutchman crew.....of course were went late and had to sit in the second row, so it was kinda hard to watch the movie.....I liked the voo doo chick:)
I thought the writing could be much better...I will buy in on DVD and watch the third, it's like I'm invested now, I HAVE too.
;)
P.S. ***boat borrow the pirate smilie from the OP6 forum ( PLEASE)
:skull: :crossx: :skull: :crossx:

RitcheyRch
07-22-2006, 08:36 AM
We liked it although could have been about 30 minutes shorter. Will definitely see the next one as well.

Some Kind Of Monster
07-22-2006, 10:15 AM
I HATE movies that FORCE you to see the second or third in the series to see the rest of the story. It basically just cuts out in the middle. Now EVERYONE that saw the movie HAS to go pay to see the third in order to get the rest of the story which IMO they already paid for. It is possible to end one story and still set up for a sequal (i.e. like they did with the first one).

JetBoatRich
07-22-2006, 02:54 PM
we went this morning :cool: seem to slow down a little about half way through it, then pick back up in the end :cool: good costumes and effects
http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/pirategun.gifhttp://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/pirategun.gifhttp://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/pirategun.gif

ROZ
07-22-2006, 02:59 PM
I thought it was good, but about 30 min too long. My ass was getting sore.
I guess Holy Moly took you to the matinee :D

Devil's Advocate
07-22-2006, 03:57 PM
France has been our Alli for 200 years.
1. They helped us win our independance.
2. They fought with us in 1812 when the Brits burned the White House
3. They interdicted the Brits attempt to aide the confederacy during the Civil war.
4. The fought beside us during WW1
5. We paid them back in 1945 when we liberated them.
I don't get it....What's not to like?
They're all right, besides, we always blame them for our bad language, those fockers....opps, pardon my French :D
Would like to catch that flick...

Red Horse
07-22-2006, 04:18 PM
Went to see it last night at Japanese theater. It was in English with Japanese subtitles. Started off kinda slow and then picked up speed. A few too many plot lines to follow. Wasnt as good as the first, but OK. Gonna HAVE to see the third...

Panic Button
07-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Better than the first... Stay past the credits to see an "extra" it will help you alot on the 3rd one. Also look past the credits on the 1st movie, it will give you insite on the monkey in #2...

JetBoatRich
07-22-2006, 04:27 PM
Better than the first... Stay past the credits to see an "extra" it will help you alot on the 3rd one. Also look past the credits on the 1st movie, it will give you insite on the monkey in #2...
Missed it :mad: after 2 1/2 hours of sitting :rolleyes:
The way it ended, I figured they may do that :yuk:

Jbb
07-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Watched a pirated copy off the net .....rather long winded..... :cool:

Focker
07-22-2006, 05:24 PM
went to see it today and about 2hrs in we had a blackout WTF.
they refunded our money and i went home to have a beer.
we were at the scene where they were on the island and had found the box
guess ill net flix it in a couple of months
was too long

Fast Freddy
07-23-2006, 07:29 AM
i liked the 1st one better. some of the scenes in the 2nd one reminded me of the new king kong movie

JetBoatRich
07-23-2006, 07:32 AM
We are headed to Disney Land Thursday :rolleyes: Looks like the have a lot characters and scenes from the ride :rolleyes:

Trailer Park Casanova
07-23-2006, 09:11 AM
It'll be good on the home big screen

SandblasterMotorsports
07-23-2006, 10:28 AM
I thought once it got going it was great Dep Rocks :crossx:

Boozer
07-23-2006, 11:56 AM
We are headed to Disney Land Thursday :rolleyes: Looks like the have a lot characters and scenes from the ride :rolleyes:
Good luck with that Rich. I was just at Disneyland and wanted to go on the ride but the line was as long as the damn movie! It was 100+ that day and the last thing I wanted to do was stand around in 100+ heat. Hopefully they'll make it a fast pass ride.

JetBoatRich
07-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Good luck with that Rich. I was just at Disneyland and wanted to go on the ride but the line was as long as the damn movie! It was 100+ that day and the last thing I wanted to do was stand around in 100+ heat. Hopefully they'll make it a fast pass ride.
Thanks for the heads up :rolleyes: may have to head straight there when it opens :rolleyes:

Froggystyle
07-24-2006, 08:12 AM
I loved it. The paddlewheel fight scene was a little much, but everything else was bad ass. I loved the once-immortal pirates having to worry about being killed.
Plus, Davey Jones was a total badass...

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-24-2006, 08:20 AM
I just watched the first one over 4th of July weekend. My guess is I probably won't see the second one until its been on DVD for a few months. :rollside:
<------ Not really a big movie goer :boxed:

Windy
07-24-2006, 08:44 AM
I won't see it as depp is in it. He don't love America I won't support his french living ass.
OMG that's politically correct. Fock that POS.
That's not a typo.
If you don't love America then don't excpect my cash!
Just because he lives in another country doesnt mean he doesnt love his own...He just wants peace and quiet that he cant get here being a celebrity...his wife is french so they chose to live in her country.
Good movie...not as good as the first one..but it was still good.

NoCal NoBoat
07-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Love the ride, loved the first movie, wanted to love the second, ended up liking it...
IMO, it felt like somebody at Disney said "we took a pass on Lord of the Rings - bad". "We've got an unexpected blockbuster on our hands with "Pirates" -- so, let's make it a really long trilogy, and get three summers out of it".
Hate to sound cynical, but I recently read "Disney Wars"...

Sleek-Jet
07-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Waiting for the DVD....
Sleek <---- likes to drink beer while watching a movie. :D

missspent
07-24-2006, 06:52 PM
My feelings confirmed on this one.