PDA

View Full Version : Trailer tire help!

Teabagger
07-21-2006, 09:58 PM
Just came out to Havasu and this guy at the gas station notices my trailers sidewalls are cracked. I checked them out and sure enough there are splits in all six of the tires rubber sidewalls.
Is this a dangerous situation or is it a somewhat normal occurrence? The tires are radials on an Extreme trailer. The trailer is less than a year old so I'm very surprised that they would need to be replaced. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!!

jbone
07-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Much easier to have them replaced at your convenience, SOON. Or else it will be an inconvenience in the middle of the desert. Can you say pain in the arse at 120 deg. on the side of the road.

H20 Toie
07-21-2006, 10:23 PM
yes it is normal if the trailer sits inthe sun, time for new tires period

plaster dave
07-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Just came out to Havasu and this guy at the gas station notices my trailers sidewalls are cracked. I checked them out and sure enough there are splits in all six of the tires rubber sidewalls.
Is this a dangerous situation or is it a somewhat normal occurrence? The tires are radials on an Extreme trailer. The trailer is less than a year old so I'm very surprised that they would need to be replaced. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!!
Much cheaper to change your tires now then later. If you wait you will have to put new fenders and fix the gel coat on the boat when you get a blow out. just my .02

poncho-pwr
07-21-2006, 10:44 PM
I have slip over tire/wheel covers made out of heavy marine grade vinyl for every trailer I own and whenever they are parked I put the covers on them which reach all the way to the ground. They work very well. Don't forget to get one for your spare.

sleekcraft137
07-21-2006, 11:33 PM
its a lot better to change your tires while you have the time rather then having a tow truck come out and meet you 100 miles outside of Barstow to mount new tires right there on the freeway ....TRUST ME! speaking from experience here.
ps keep your bearings well greased too :rollside:

RitcheyRch
07-22-2006, 08:46 AM
As others have stated. Much easier and safer to replace now than while sitting on the sid eof the freeway in the heat with the family.