PDA

View Full Version : OK, so I'm Ipod retarded...

Jordy
07-21-2006, 11:39 PM
I've got mine setup where I plug it in and everything syncs and it's good. However, the girl has a nano and wants to pull music (by selection) out of my music files. She doesn't want all the music because she wants some angry workout music, not the full run of everything on my list.
So she went through 700 or so songs, picked out what she wanted, and after she registered her new ipod nano, updating ipod was never an option. It was suggested that I try and create a playlist with her checked songs, and it would only move them over one at a time. Tried the control mouse click to select multiple, and got about 4 deep and then all the selections disappeared (about 300 worth).
I rebooted the computer and tried unplugging her ipod and plugging mine in. Mine updated with new songs like it was supposed to. Hers doesnt have an update option still and still has no songs on it.
I'm stumped. HELP!!!!
Thanks,
Jordy :D

ROZ
07-22-2006, 03:05 AM
I think when the pod id hooked up you click edi, select ipod, nd choose to auto update...
Should be able to drag her playlist nto her ipod in the menu ?

buzzaro
07-22-2006, 06:48 AM
I've got mine setup where I plug it in and everything syncs and it's good. However, the girl has a nano and wants to pull music (by selection) out of my music files. She doesn't want all the music because she wants some angry workout music, not the full run of everything on my list.
So she went through 700 or so songs, picked out what she wanted, and after she registered her new ipod nano, updating ipod was never an option. It was suggested that I try and create a playlist with her checked songs, and it would only move them over one at a time. Tried the control mouse click to select multiple, and got about 4 deep and then all the selections disappeared (about 300 worth).
I rebooted the computer and tried unplugging her ipod and plugging mine in. Mine updated with new songs like it was supposed to. Hers doesnt have an update option still and still has no songs on it.
I'm stumped. HELP!!!!
Thanks,
Jordy :D
Have her create a playlist of the songs that she wants and then hook her nano up to the usb. Then open the playlist and select the first song in the list, scroll down to the last song in the list and while holding the SHIFT key select it. This will highlight the entire playlist, then just drag and drop from the playlist to the nano and youre all set.

Jordy
07-22-2006, 10:15 AM
Thanks guys. I figured out the playlist thing last night and got some songs on the player finally!!! I created the playlist, but it seems that I have to select the songs and then right click and send them to the playlist. I'm sure there is probably an easier way, but at least it's working this way. :D

4day!!
07-22-2006, 10:22 AM
sounds like you want to manage your ipod manually. Managing it manually will let you add/remove songs to/from your ipod by dragging/dropping. You pick the songs that you want to add or remove. To manage the ipod manually...
1. open itunes
2. plug in ipod, wait for itunes to recognize it
3. click on edit(top left)
4. click on preferences
5. click the ipod tab
6. check the box "manually manage songs and playlists.
7. then just drag and drop songs or playlists to the ipod.

Jordy
07-22-2006, 10:32 AM
I did figure out the update manually thing too. Remembered reading that on here once upon a time so I ran with it.
Thanks again for the help. ;)