PDA

View Full Version : Need Engine Builder in Dallas/Ft. Worth

mosquito
07-22-2006, 05:20 AM
Its time to freshen everything .... Any suggestions for engine builders and/or jetboat pros I should speak with? I expect to go through the whole boat over the winter to update everything from the jet to the gel.
Thanks!

Greaser
07-22-2006, 08:46 AM
Its time to freshen everything .... Any suggestions for engine builders and/or jetboat pros I should speak with? I expect to go through the whole boat over the winter to update everything from the jet to the gel.
Thanks!
Try Garry Snow at Performance Marine. He did my motor and pump in my boat, and I am very satisfied.
performance_marine (http://www.performancemarine.cc)

UNCLE SAM
07-22-2006, 10:08 AM
Kim Barr Racing in Garland is the place to go. Ask around he is one of the best. He did the bottom end of my Olds for me. Very happy with it, quick turn around in the middle of race season. He knows jet Boats.
There is also Max Long In Irving.
Hans Feustel I believe is near Ft Worth.
There is a place in Plane called Competition Machine. If Mickey is still there he is good.

poncho-pwr
07-22-2006, 11:56 AM
It doesn't get any better than Reher Morrison Racing Engines. They are in Arlington I think.

mosquito
07-22-2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks everyone!
Ill start calling on Monday!

rrrr
07-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Kim Barr Racing in Garland is the place to go. Ask around he is one of the best. He did the bottom end of my Olds for me. Very happy with it, quick turn around in the middle of race season. He knows jet Boats.
There is also Max Long In Irving.
Hans Feustel I believe is near Ft Worth.
There is a place in Plane called Competition Machine. If Mickey is still there he is good.
Competition Machine is gone, closed over a year ago. Micky is a good FE guy, my 427 runs great. I dunno what happened to them.
I'd call Garry.

UNCLE SAM
07-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Too bad Mickey is gone. He set up a 383 sbc for me about 5 years ago. I ran that engine in my drag car for 4 years. I stopped counting passes at 300 about 1/3 of them were on a 175 shot.(on hyper u pistons) It was still going strong when I sold it. He can really set up a bottom end.