PDA

View Full Version : Gas Tank Info?????

Dans66Stevens
03-10-2002, 04:19 PM
Anybody ever tried these tanks they sell in Overtons? I need to put tanks in my Schiada. The original tanks were sawed out by the last owner. They make tanks that appear to be about the right size. Just thought Id ask. Thanks Dan

ratso
03-10-2002, 04:44 PM
I have used aluminum and poly tanks, usually inca or tempo and a few others. All seemed to do well. With the poly tanks, you need to leave a little extra room for expansion. I don't know what brand overtons sells but I would see no problem ordering one through them. Be sure to ground your filler cap with the new install.

shirkey4750
03-10-2002, 06:40 PM
For Tempo tanks, go to their web site and look for distriutors. There's a company in St. Louis Mo. that sells the same tanks as in Overtons for a third or better less. Bought one for my hydro as a side tank and saved $50. If I locate the dealed name and address I will post it.

DetroitJim
03-10-2002, 06:50 PM
I bought 2 poly tanks from Overton's for a jet boat I rigged last year. They are fine, but they will definitely expand after adding gas, by a lot. Leave plenty of room in all directions and don't finalize the length of the filler hose until they have swelled up.
DJ

ratso
03-10-2002, 07:18 PM
Post the size. I can get you a good deal too. By the time this thread is over, you'll think you've robbed somebody.

boatguy222
03-10-2002, 11:57 PM
I've got a set of 24 gallon each, that just came out of my 20' Schiada, Russell Stainless, 10" diameter 64"long with 3 coated mounts for each tank, $250 for the set plus shipping.