PDA

View Full Version : Unreal story

raisinL
07-22-2006, 07:34 PM
Bought my jetboat because the lake near my cabin in northern Mi. is very shallow in spots and my buddy who has a jet said these boats work great in shallow waters. So I find this jet boat in the trader last august. After talking with the guy who I bought it from said he owned it for about 14 years. He was the 2nd owner and stored it an never really used it because he couldnt get it running right so he stored it in his heated garage. :) So I buy it rebuilt the motor (low compression in a couple of cylinders) This spring hauled it 300 miles to the cabin where it probably would spend the rest of its life in the lake near my cabin. Now here's the weird part. After pulling up to the beach this very attractive woman walks up to me and asked who owns the boat. At this time I notice not only does she have my attention but now my wife giving me the evel eye lol. She goes on to tell me she learned to ski from that boat on that lake. Come to find out that her dad was the original owner of the boat some 28 years ago. :rollside:

Daytona100
07-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Is she hot? take her for a ride.

W.O.T
07-22-2006, 07:55 PM
hey thats pretty neat. have any pics of the boat? maybe she was just flirting with you :rollside:

QuickJet
07-22-2006, 07:59 PM
You keep that up and your wife's gonna make you sell the thing and get some tri-hull pile with a 75hp Johnson hangin off the back.

raisinL
07-22-2006, 08:18 PM
Yes she was smoking HOT daytona. And your right QJ if she read this. LOL http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/2dalooch/my%20pics/IM000524.jpg

W.O.T
07-22-2006, 08:38 PM
nice lookin boat what hull is that? looks alot like my challenger

raisinL
07-22-2006, 08:45 PM
nice lookin boat what hull is that? looks alot like my challenger
Its a ranger with a bbf 460. And I am very gratefull to the past owners who took such great care of it :rollside:

raisinL
07-22-2006, 09:16 PM
have any pics of the girl:crossx:
Only when I close my eyes LOL. But really it took me a few minutes to see what she looked like in that swim suit she was wearing. :)

centerhill condor
07-23-2006, 03:05 AM
cool story thanks for posting. funny how history repeats itself... that part about couldn't get it running right!

YeLLowBoaT
07-23-2006, 03:51 AM
Neat....
It never fails to amaze me how small the world really is.

beerjet
07-23-2006, 06:55 AM
My old lady is knocked up now , but I used to tell her I was goin out for "test and tune" runs and she just would not enjoy the constant tinkering and stoping that I would be doin to dial it in . So of course she stayed home . Now get back there and get a picture of the girl !
BTW-What pump are you running.
-beerjet-

caribbean20
07-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Good story (and screen name). What lake in No. Mich? I grew up in MI and started this boating fix there back in the 70s and 80s. Buddy had a Hondo flatty w/ a 428 SCJ. We carted that thing all over the place, mostly Lakeville Lake (we lived in Utica/Troy area) but boated on Torch (real cold) and Silver (great dunes) up north. Had a blast. Enjoy the new ride.