PDA

View Full Version : Deleting threads

H20 Toie
07-23-2006, 05:42 AM
How come there is no option to delete a thread anymore?

RitcheyRch
07-23-2006, 05:43 AM
Is still there. Go to edit and is there.

H20 Toie
07-23-2006, 05:48 AM
Is still there. Go to edit and is there.
then i am blind cuase i don't see it
i can do it to following post but not the first one which would dlelte the whole thread

Wet Dream
07-23-2006, 07:58 AM
Sounds like someone is regretting a few threads. I'm trying to figure it out, but it seems to me that you we shitfaced, made an inappropriate move toward a female, the guy wanted to kick your drunk ass and you're bitching and moaning about drunks? And people are calling you out on appearently driving or boating drunk and now you want to delete the threads? How far off base am i?

JetBoatRich
07-23-2006, 08:10 AM
If you start the thread and delete your first post, it deletes the thread :rolleyes:

Trailer Park Casanova
07-23-2006, 08:51 AM
My delete feature is gone too.

HOOTER SLED-
07-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Your delete option has been revoked because the entertainment value of your drunk posts is far too important to the boards. :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :D

ahhell
07-23-2006, 12:33 PM
but what about those of us with fat finger disease, and hit submit before adding the body of the message :cool:

NOTALENT
07-23-2006, 12:39 PM
They dont want you drunkin mistakes to go away... :p

Rexone
07-23-2006, 01:17 PM
The other day someone posted a thread titled something like 50000th thread. Subsequently someone started deleting threads and the count dropped like 30 threads within less than an hour.
Also, there's been many an occasion when a long thread with much information in it posted by many has been taken out by the thread starter just because he or she didn't like the response they got or just changed their mind on a whim or just flat deleted a bunch of threads for no particular reason.
That isn't what a public information forum should be about. It should be about information. Therefore the forum setting was changed (just like it used to be before this software) to where you can edit your own posts but you can't take everyone else's down with you by deleting threads. If there's a legitimate reason for taking down a thread the moderators have that tool available. The vast majority of threads that have been deleted by folks though just haven't had any good reason.
There you have it.

JetBoatRich
07-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks Mike for the explanation :rolleyes:

DILLIGAF
07-23-2006, 02:00 PM
The other day someone posted a thread titled something like 50000th thread. Subsequently someone started deleting threads and the count dropped like 30 threads within less than an hour.
Also, there's been many an occasion when a long thread with much information in it posted by many has been taken out by the thread starter just because he or she didn't like the response they got or just changed their mind on a whim or just flat deleted a bunch of threads for no particular reason.
That isn't what a public information forum should be about. It should be about information. Therefore the forum setting was changed (just like it used to be before this software) to where you can edit your own posts but you can't take everyone else's down with you by deleting threads. If there's a legitimate reason for taking down a thread the moderators have that tool available. The vast majority of threads that have been deleted by folks though just haven't had any good reason.
There you have it.
That sucks.....
If you start it you should be able to delete it. I do it often but not because I regret what I said. I do it as I compare it to sitting and talking to someone. Would you be sitting accross from me with a tape recorder while having a conversation? No. That is my reason and I could care less how someone else feels about that.
You guys have run amock with this new rule. I guess the real issue is if I (or anybody else) doesn't like it then just post on one of the other web-sites instead of this one. At least that is the easy answer.
I do leave some threads alone that I have started if they are informative but other than that they will get deleted at some point.
Do I need permission from the moderators to go take a shit now?

Sleek-Jet
07-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Yes, Tom Brown has been put in charge of that.... :idea: :D :D

lucky
07-23-2006, 02:22 PM
its easy to get a thead deleted -- piss off a moderator - :cool:

DILLIGAF
07-23-2006, 02:28 PM
its easy to get a thead deleted -- piss off a moderator - :cool:
Or piss em off so you can't delete your posts or threads :rolleyes:

lucky
07-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Or piss em off so you can't delete your posts or threads :rolleyes:
lmao --
what ever you type can be used against you by the inner circle lmao

Rexone
07-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Run amock that's funny :)
You can still delete or edit anything you post, just not what others post so it shouldn't be an issue.
Just don't post pic of you taking a shit and you should be ok there without approval :cool:
You might want to contact Tom Brown though for some helpful hints on posting efficiently while taking a dump.

topless
07-23-2006, 05:59 PM
There you have it.LMFAO!!!! When T hit 10 gand, I deleted threads to make her post count drop. Hell it was funny at the time

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Figures! Topless is to blame. :D

topless
07-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Figures! Topless is to blame. :DBUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry:

No Name
07-23-2006, 09:59 PM
That sucks.....If you start it you should be able to delete it.
Now what are you going to do? :D

Jbb
07-24-2006, 04:42 AM
That sucks.....
If you start it you should be able to delete it. I do it often but not because I regret what I said. I do it as I compare it to sitting and talking to someone. Would you be sitting accross from me with a tape recorder while having a conversation? No. That is my reason and I could care less how someone else feels about that.
You guys have run amock with this new rule. I guess the real issue is if I (or anybody else) doesn't like it then just post on one of the other web-sites instead of this one. At least that is the easy answer.
I do leave some threads alone that I have started if they are informative but other than that they will get deleted at some point.
I agree with Dilligaf on this one.....While I kinda understand Rex's reasoning I think If someone posts something,why should they not have the right to remove it?....cause Rio wants it that way?... :p
There are alot of people ...mods included that take this place,themselves,and the internet in general... a little too seriously ......in my opinion....But ...It is their, ....and Uncle Larry's place......and as you said,they are quick to point out "if you dont like it you can leave"....some people have......and so it goes.... :p

Rexone
07-24-2006, 04:55 AM
I agree with Dilligaf on this one.....While I kinda understand Rex's reasoning I think If someone posts something,why should they not have the right to remove it
They can. It's called the edit button. Anyone can delete anything they say.
The change is they cannot now remove other's posts. :)
And... its the way this forum was set up until about 2 years ago when a software upgrade occurred.
Can't we find anything more significant that this to disagree on this morning. This is really weak as ***boat disagreements go. :)
How about another declining vs not declining property value thread or bash Isrl. or Hezbollah or claim the guy who won the tour de france was on steroids,, you know something with some real meat in it.

Jbb
07-24-2006, 04:56 AM
Down with oppression.....Power to the people..... :p

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-24-2006, 05:05 AM
But . . . he or she can't delete what they say once someone else quotes it. :crossx:
I see both sides, but think it's silly when people complain about threads being deleted because their post count went down. Never understood the "post count as a representation of yourself" mentality. It's pretty lame.

Jbb
07-24-2006, 05:11 AM
They can. It's called the edit button. Anyone can delete anything they say.
The change is they cannot now remove other's posts. :)
And... its the way this forum was set up until about 2 years ago when a software upgrade occurred.
Can't we find anything more significant that this to disagree on this morning. This is really weak as ***boat disagreements go. :)
How about another declining vs not declining property value thread or bash Isrl. or Hezbollah or claim the guy who won the tour de france was on steroids,, you know something with some real meat in it.
Fair enough......when can I expect shipment ....of the new catalog?.... :p

Rexone
07-24-2006, 05:13 AM
But . . . he or she can't delete what they say once someone else quotes it. :crossx:
And you never could unless you were fortunate enough to be the thread starter.
My view is its not right for a thread of many many posts (sometimes dozens or even hundreds) by dozens of people who perhaps (or perhaps not) put alot of time and thought into those posts to have them taken out on a whim by someone who doesn't like what someone had to say or decided they didn't like the topic any more. If people would think before they type it would probably be much less of a concern to anyone. My view is also that the above has nothing to do with post count which to most I think means nothing.

BiggusJimbus
07-24-2006, 06:47 AM
... people who perhaps put alot of time and thought into those posts ...
I'd say that constitutes about .001 percent of all posts on HB.

H20 Toie
07-24-2006, 07:21 AM
Sounds like someone is regretting a few threads. I'm trying to figure it out, but it seems to me that you we shitfaced, made an inappropriate move toward a female, the guy wanted to kick your drunk ass and you're bitching and moaning about drunks? And people are calling you out on appearently driving or boating drunk and now you want to delete the threads? How far off base am i?
Your not even close. i did not make a move on his wife but he sure did want to fight me. yes i was drunk as was he but at least i'm a happy drunk.
Yes i did drive home and i deserve to be blasted for that, i do not have an excuse.
Buy the way that was not the post i wanted to delete.
It seems that some people don't like the the fact that i posted while drunk and for them all i have to say is get a life.

roostwear
07-24-2006, 07:21 AM
That isn't what a public information forum should be about. It should be about information.
This is gonna start WHEN?