PDA

View Full Version : So Im an hour into my trip to the river...

MudPumper
07-23-2006, 12:43 PM
and noticed a ton of black smoke coming out of the exhaust on my new LBZ when I would give it just a little throttle. Not normal at all, sounds like it's missing a cylinder and is lacking power. It's smoking like a freight train. Turned around and got it back home instead of pushing it and risking getting stranded on the 40 somewhere and am waiting for my dad to bring his truck over so I can get back on the road. Was planning on being on the water by 3pm.......that's not gonna happen. :mad: :mad: :crossx: Oh well, I'm still going to the river though, I'll fix the truck later.

soupersonic
07-23-2006, 01:28 PM
Sounds like a bad injector from what you describe.

JetBoatRich
07-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Glad your dad has the extra truck for you :rolleyes:

Outnumbered
07-23-2006, 02:07 PM
First mistake...bought a Chevy...:D

djunkie
07-23-2006, 11:05 PM
I pretty darn happy with mine. What do you drive, a Dodge? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Outnumbered
07-23-2006, 11:49 PM
Why, yes I do. You guys can sure dish it out but a little jab sent your way gets your panties in a bunch :rolleyes:
RELAX :rollside:

phebus
07-24-2006, 05:23 AM
Why, yes I do. You guys can sure dish it out but a little jab sent your way gets your panties in a bunch :rolleyes:
No, you really hurt my feelings. I am now going out, and getting rid of my Chevy. That did it, it was the final straw. You rat bastard :D :rollside:

a catered life
07-24-2006, 06:59 AM
Glad your dad has the extra truck for you :rolleyes:
what better the dads truck or me sitting it out with you :p

a catered life
07-24-2006, 06:59 AM
dam happy with ours :p

djunkie
07-24-2006, 12:26 PM
Ya I am reallllyyyyyy upset. :rolleyes: Actually I could care less. Just felt that one good jab deserved another. :rollside:

Run_em_Hard
07-24-2006, 02:28 PM
and noticed a ton of black smoke coming out of the exhaust on my new LBZ when I would give it just a little throttle. Not normal at all, sounds like it's missing a cylinder and is lacking power. It's smoking like a freight train. Turned around and got it back home instead of pushing it and risking getting stranded on the 40 somewhere and am waiting for my dad to bring his truck over so I can get back on the road. Was planning on being on the water by 3pm.......that's not gonna happen. :mad: :mad: :crossx: Oh well, I'm still going to the river though, I'll fix the truck later.
Could be as simple as a boot on the turbo coming off a little...this an example of why gauges are very important for diesels.

shippingguy
07-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Might be a bad EGR. Mine is doing the same right now. 60 MPH barely accelerate and I cannot see traffic behind me. I talked to the head Tech at Bully Dog and that is what he told me. They have one there doing the same thing. He said the LBZ has had this issue and GM is fixing them.

Outnumbered
07-24-2006, 09:11 PM
No, you really hurt my feelings. I am now going out, and getting rid of my Chevy. That did it, it was the final straw. You rat bastard :D :rollside:
Thanks, that is the nicest thing anyone has said to me all day :D