PDA

View Full Version : HallengerSS3 strut on a Sanger

CircleJerk
07-23-2006, 07:50 PM
Anyone ever see this stamping on a steel strut before? The boat is a 1970 sanger flat deck and yes I have been talked into helping a new v-driver get her lake ready. I got underneath and started thumping with the rubber hammer and had NO real solid sound as if the whole bottom was delaminated. Then I flexed the side with my knee and it moved 1/4 inch! The deck flexes when I push in the middle with my weak arms! After removing the bbc, I could lift the whole boat at the cav plate! What do I have here? A potato chip? The serial number has a K in it instead of the L,M,H weight designation I am used to seeing. Since I hardly see a Sanger in my shop, I could use some info and encouragement as well as the new owner who DIDNT want a light drag boat. Is this what we have? Hull measures 17'7" and an 8 foot deck.

Wildchild80
07-23-2006, 09:18 PM
Hi Boyd,
Do you have a scale? I would be curious to see what it weighs. Maybe Billy B could help you with that question since he has a history with Sangers

CircleJerk
07-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Yes, its on the front porch holding daisys and pots. How do I get that thing on it? Ever hear of that strut designation? Hallenger SS3 its stamped in the back edge before the chrome was applied.

72 superlite
07-28-2006, 11:59 AM
Boyd, how wide are the stringers???