PDA

View Full Version : Help, please.

THE VIKING
10-19-2003, 06:15 AM
I have just found a pontiac 350 from a firebird, a guy actually gave it to me, and i'm currently setting sails for an engineswap.
Since then i have taken it apart and it seems to be in great shape.
But i'm gonna fit some new pistons and shit anyway, after a rebore, wich was surprisingly cheap by the way, 300 dollars for boring, honing, and cleaning and checking of all the surfaces.
But this rebuilding-kit thing is a jungle, so where do i find a partcompany who has a complete rebuilding kit in good quality, at a fair price.
I talked to a swede, he wanted a 1000!!! dollars for the pistons alone.( standard pistons, not race parts)
In the US these parts are a lot cheaper, even if you pay shipping, but where do the honst guys hide out??
I need some recommondations.
The viking.

DansBlown73Nordic
10-19-2003, 06:45 AM
Summit has real good deals on kits. 1-800-230-3030 Im not sure if its toll free from your neck of the woods..... eek!

DansBlown73Nordic
10-19-2003, 06:48 AM
Ok a kit with forged pistons, rings, bearings, freeze plugs and gaskets is $450 clams. Not to bad of a deal.

GofastRacer
10-19-2003, 06:50 AM
Either one has decent deals on parts!.. :)
Jegs! (http://www.jegs.com)
Summit! (http://www.summitracing.com)

THE VIKING
10-19-2003, 07:23 AM
Hello there, i just send a mail to Jegs, it seems you get a lot of engine parts for a 1000 bucks overthere in your great country.
Thanks.
P.S., what would a rebore cost in the US, just for couriosity.
The wiking.

Sangster
10-19-2003, 08:01 AM
Hey Viking, you can buy a 350 long block from Jeg's for around $1200.00 brand new, needs intake & carb....

THE VIKING
10-19-2003, 09:31 AM
Yeah, sounds great, but the shipping will be around 500, so it climbs upthere anyway.
And i'm actually beginning to find some good stuff right here in DK, a guy heard that i was looking for v8's and phoned about a Cadillac 500, i know about some SB chevys, and i have a Dodge 440 lying around somewhere.
I've tryed it before, you go parthunting and end up with more parts then you need, so in a year or two when i have finished my house and shit, i will build a new boat.
I am thinking about two v8 with dual v drives, and then i will need one more dodge engine, and, and,----the shit never ends, once you have been bitten, does it.
The viking.