PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best V-drive get together?

johnny2slick
07-24-2006, 02:15 AM
I want to know, where and when are the best v-drive/flat bottom get togethers? Not neccessarily racing, but just nice restored old flats gettin together for a good time with good people.
I hear about various lakes and events on this forum but would like to attend some really great events as it's a fair drive from up here in Canada.
Can anyone fill me in? Thanks.

eraser
07-24-2006, 05:03 AM
ALL of them :rollside: :) :boxed: :)

BILLY.B
07-24-2006, 07:09 PM
I want to know, where and when are the best v-drive/flat bottom get togethers? Not neccessarily racing, but just nice restored old flats gettin together for a good time with good people.
I hear about various lakes and events on this forum but would like to attend some really great events as it's a fair drive from up here in Canada.
Can anyone fill me in? Thanks.Bass Lake has a variety. Old and new. Cool place, cool people. Located about 45 miles north of Fresno off hwy 41. Plans are to have a deal again next year from what I hear. Well worth your drive. Thay need to make the boat show 2 days instead of 1 and maybe we'll get lucky and draw some more boats up there next year. Especially if you have to drive a good distance.

Kurtis500
07-24-2006, 09:40 PM
I liked the ***boat V-drive Regatta at Bluewater. They only had it in 99' and 2000. I would like to see that one again.

mbrown2
07-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Don't they still have one at Red Rock in early September?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-24-2006, 10:46 PM
Don't they still have one at Red Rock in early September?
We don't do that one anymore.

johnny2slick
07-24-2006, 10:47 PM
I don't know how many people in California, Oregon and Washington are into vintage flatbottoms, but I was hoping that maybe somewhere was a get together for these boats.
I have heard there are some good races at Dexter reservoir and Moses lake, and also in Red Bluff, etc., but these seem to be more for competition than pleasure. I just want to find a place to go and hang with some good boat people and look at some nice rides. I Love the racing, but the boats nowadays are kinda like the modern fuel dragsters, as opposed to the old front motored diggers of the past. I like the old style boats much like I prefer the old dragsters.
Sk/drag, wood deckers, etc.
Maybe there are no such events where boats like these congregate, but i figured i'd ask.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-24-2006, 10:52 PM
I don't know how many people in California, Oregon and Washington are into vintage flatbottoms, but I was hoping that maybe somewhere was a get together for these boats.
I have heard there are some good races at Dexter reservoir and Moses lake, and also in Red Bluff, etc., but these seem to be more for competition than pleasure. I just want to find a place to go and hang with some good boat people and look at some nice rides. I Love the racing, but the boats nowadays are kinda like the modern fuel dragsters, as opposed to the old front motored diggers of the past. I like the old style boats much like I prefer the old dragsters.
Sk/drag, wood deckers, etc.
Maybe there are no such events where boats like these congregate, but i figured i'd ask.
You need to attend one of Brian Lynch's Classic v-drive club outings. This is his website. :cool:
http://www.v-driveboats.com/

ss396
07-25-2006, 12:35 PM
there is going to be a race in moses lake wa. on sept 15 16 17 the 15th is for show and shine and testing for those that want to test

PINSTRIPER GIRL
07-26-2006, 06:15 AM
All you need to do is get your own get together going. Make sure people understand that its an individual outing and attending at their own risk. You just need to way in advance set a date and a place and they will come! The first year may be a few but it will grow since there aren't many of these get togethers around. My husband and I host one in July in Modesto, CA. thru the Classic V-drive club with Brian Lynch. It's easy! PS I hear that the Bass Lake one is awesome, too. Gonna go next year for sure!

hottrodder
07-26-2006, 07:01 AM
What time of season is the Bass Lake event?

waterwitch
07-26-2006, 08:41 AM
What time of season is the Bass Lake event?
May.
I think Jeff and I have gone to most of the events for vdrives. It's hard
to say which one is the best.
Father's Day at CFW was great a few years ago. But this year we went to
Big River. It was great as well.
Freeboard Challenged is ALL about kicking back shooting the shit.
http://www.freeboardchallenged.com/fcboard/
I think if you go to any of them, you will have a great time. It's all what you
put into it.

AzMandella
07-26-2006, 10:53 AM
Hey Traci it's time to update your sig.You need the new boat.

waterwitch
07-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Hey Traci it's time to update your sig.You need the new boat.
I know, I'm just not ready to convert yet. :cry:

CircleJerk
07-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Did anyone suggest one of our Nostalgia races? Moses Lake, on Sept 15-16-17. There always is a boat show in the grass and shade with a perfect view of the race course and always cruising before and afterwards, big bonfire, food, bragging, animals, Indians, etc. Lots of fun! Lets find that Cascade Campground link:.......................

CircleJerk
07-26-2006, 03:27 PM
www.mlrec.com/camping.html check the photos out and understand this could be the best dang race site in 300 miles and they like us! Mufflers not required!

72 superlite
07-28-2006, 12:10 PM
I can attest to Boyds deal at Moses Lake. Nice area, great racing, and great people. Probably as close to home as you are going to find a group of flatbottoms. I've been twice, towed my boat over one time for the show and shine, and then cruised around the lake after the Saturday racing.

07-28-2006, 04:37 PM
I can attest to Boyds deal at Moses Lake. Nice area, great racing, and great people. Probably as close to home as you are going to find a group of flatbottoms. I've been twice, towed my boat over one time for the show and shine, and then cruised around the lake after the Saturday racing.
You didn't race it???? :eek: :D

BA Kurtis
07-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Al's fathers day get togather is always good at Big River, I hope he has it next year.

ColeTR2
07-29-2006, 08:34 AM
All the ones that are no longer :(

72 superlite
07-30-2006, 06:55 AM
You didn't race it???? :eek: :D
uh no. Spent 5 years fixing the cracks in the superlite drag hull, didn't want to hasten their return. But if you make the tow up here we can have a special wa. cal. grudge match. what do you think? :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

07-30-2006, 08:54 AM
uh no. Spent 5 years fixing the cracks in the superlite drag hull, didn't want to hasten their return. But if you make the tow up here we can have a special wa. cal. grudge match. what do you think? :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:Sounds good....then we can toss back a few. What boat should I bring?

Moneypitt
07-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Sounds good....then we can toss back a few. What boat should I bring?
I knew it sounded too good to be true. The very first rule should help set the true stage at this place. So unless you're talking about "tossing back" a couple of sodas you better keep looking for that perfect water.........MP

waterwitch
07-30-2006, 05:25 PM
So unless you're talking about "tossing back" a couple of sodas you better keep looking for that perfect water.........MP
HAHAHAAA! That's pretty IRONIC coming from you! Take your
own advise. :rolleyes:
Jeff

07-30-2006, 05:55 PM
I knew it sounded too good to be true. The very first rule should help set the true stage at this place. So unless you're talking about "tossing back" a couple of sodas you better keep looking for that perfect water.........MP
Sodas......yeah...ok :)

GofastRacer
07-30-2006, 06:00 PM
I do believe they're talking about "after" the grudge match!.. :D

Moneypitt
07-30-2006, 06:48 PM
I do believe they're talking about "after" the grudge match!.. :D
Camp rule, no alcohol, is what i was refering to...........MP

72 superlite
07-30-2006, 10:00 PM
Sounds good....then we can toss back a few. What boat should I bring?
Bring whichever one you want. Be glad to see anyone of them up here. I'll buy the "soda pop". :)