PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Hitchin'

Wet Dream
07-24-2006, 12:17 PM
I've got my thumb out for an available back seat at James. My wife and I haven't decided if we're taking the boat or not. We're also going to be looking at houses in the area around Charlotte and would be much easier if I didn't have to worry about the boat. I'm not looking for someone to haul us around all day, just out to the island where my wife and I can do the cooking or whatever else is needed. If anyone has some general areas that are better than others to look for homes or areas to stay away from, that would help. Thanks in advance. -Wet

promod
07-24-2006, 12:52 PM
I've got my thumb out for an available back seat at James. My wife and I haven't decided if we're taking the boat or not. We're also going to be looking at houses in the area around Charlotte and would be much easier if I didn't have to worry about the boat. I'm not looking for someone to haul us around all day, just out to the island where my wife and I can do the cooking or whatever else is needed. If anyone has some general areas that are better than others to look for homes or areas to stay away from, that would help. Thanks in advance. -Wet
more than welcome to ride with us

ambusher
07-24-2006, 03:41 PM
what price range are you looking for???????????????

Wet Dream
07-24-2006, 06:27 PM
For a newer home (9 years and newer), I'm looking around 180-220, but I have no problem getting into an older resto with space in and out.

HammerDown
07-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Relocating...eh? Cool....
Personally, I've had enough of our winters :220v:

DaveA
07-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Hey Wet,
You coming down with a job or are you independently wealthy and don't have to work??? :D :D :D Oh, wait....you own a boat....you Need To Work.
Anyhoo, where you're working would have a strong bearing on where you need to live, because it's sorta tough getting around this town...er...'world class city' at rush hour(s).
I've got numerous contacts in real estate here. That said, you don't need a realtor to look at houses as long as you know where you need to be.
You can pm me for info or phone. There's a bunch of us boaters in the area that will throw our Two Cents in on what you need to do...just ask! We can make this thread rock!

Wet Dream
07-25-2006, 06:25 PM
I work. I drive a truck, have been for some time. Getting a job in this field is easy. I can go anywhere and work. I think that relocating opens a lot more doors for me to get out of this "career" and explore other avenues, so to speak. Its time for a change. Like Hammer said, I'm tired of the winters. I'm scoping out areas like WV and the Carolinas. I left California (25 years there), went to Montana (5 years there), then to Pennsylvania (9 years here) and making my rounds in the USA and time to continue clockwise. I live in a real stagnant area. Now new housing, no growth, the population is getting older by the minute.

DaveA
07-26-2006, 07:11 PM
I work. I drive a truck, have been for some time. Getting a job in this field is easy. I can go anywhere and work. I think that relocating opens a lot more doors for me to get out of this "career" and explore other avenues, so to speak. Its time for a change. Like Hammer said, I'm tired of the winters. I'm scoping out areas like WV and the Carolinas. I left California (25 years there), went to Montana (5 years there), then to Pennsylvania (9 years here) and making my rounds in the USA and time to continue clockwise. I live in a real stagnant area. Now new housing, no growth, the population is getting older by the minute.
Well, this area ain't stagnant, that's for sure. Homebuilding is frantic, and the reason they're gettin' older in PA is that the younger ones are headed here. This area north of Charlotte is young and party hearty with plenty of $$ being spent on toys. Just look at the subdivisions, roads, and lakes.
Huffer is a driver for one of the LTL carriers, and there's others that work for private carriers here. No shortage of TL carriers operating out of this area either. Construction related transportation is strong too, but doesn't pay as well as OTR in my opinion. Transporation has morphed somewhat in the last few years here due to the shift from textiles/furniture to import/export. Lot's more carriers running containers thru this area due to the big port in Charleston SC.
I'm sure you know the drill. Hope you enjoy whatever you decide to do.
Dave

ss19crew
07-30-2006, 10:15 AM
Hey dave I brought the outboard back from ST Louis so there is one more rayson craft here now again

HammerDown
07-30-2006, 10:21 AM
I work. I drive a truck, have been for some time. Getting a job in this field is easy ...
True, getting one that pays is another story. With the market being flooded with immigrants...the companys expect you to work for nothing.