PDA

View Full Version : Best resort to stay at in Cabo?

beaverretriever
07-24-2006, 05:19 PM
My wife and I are big Hawaii fans but thought Cabo might be fun to try for a change. Hopefully we wont be dissapointed. Will we be making a mistake going to Cabo?
So far a few friends have said to stay on the Gulf side at the Riu Palace or the Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar if we want somthing nicer. What do you guys think?
Or even a Villa such as this. Only 400 or so a night!!!!
http://www.cabovillas.com/properties.asp?PID=189
It will be for 6-7 nights. Im 33 and my wife is 29 so we would still like to have some night life as well.
Thanks in advance for all your help.

jbone
07-24-2006, 05:30 PM
We haven't been there yet, but the reviews look good for the Presetente Intercontinental in San Jose Del Cabo. It is just up the coast on the gulf side.
It is more of a family atmosphere compared to the nightlife of Cabo San Lucas.
We got a great deal.
6 days, air, hotel (all inclusive) for 2,200 for a fily of 4.
We are leaving on Aug 24, so I can let you know then.
J

beaverretriever
07-24-2006, 05:36 PM
We haven't been there yet, but the reviews look good for the Presetente Intercontinental in San Jose Del Cabo. It is just up the coast on the gulf side.
It is more of a family atmosphere compared to the nightlife of Cabo San Lucas.
We got a great deal.
6 days, air, hotel (all inclusive) for 2,200 for a fily of 4.
We are leaving on Aug 24, so I can let you know then.
J
Yeah, definitely PM me with the details. Pretty inexpensive. We were planning on spending around 3000-4500 total for both of us including flight, hotel, food, and drink. Im sure that we are allowing plenty for us???
We dont really care about a family atmosphere. I think two friends of ours are coming as well and we just want to sit in the sun and drink (which sounds great to me if you know what I mean..LOL)
I have heard good and bad about Cabo. Im curious to what you have to say when you get back.
I hope you have a ball.

thom
07-24-2006, 06:44 PM
stayed at the riu last year... very nice hotel.. food was ok at best.. make reservations the night before fo rthe steak house was a major pain.. had to bribe the guy to get us in.. then the steak wasnt very good.. but the actual hotel and pool area was aawesome...... make sure you go to the office and the gigglin marlin.. lots o fun,

beaverretriever
07-24-2006, 06:48 PM
stayed at the riu last year... very nice hotel.. food was ok at best.. make reservations the night before fo rthe steak house was a major pain.. had to bribe the guy to get us in.. then the steak wasnt very good.. but the actual hotel and pool area was aawesome...... make sure you go to the office and the gigglin marlin.. lots o fun,
Good info..
Is there some other resorts you would recommend?

Devil's Advocate
07-24-2006, 07:36 PM
My wife and I are big Hawaii fans but thought Cabo might be fun to try for a change. Hopefully we wont be dissapointed. Will we be making a mistake going to Cabo?
So far a few friends have said to stay on the Gulf side at the Riu Palace or the Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar if we want somthing nicer. What do you guys think?
Or even a Villa such as this. Only 400 or so a night!!!!
http://www.cabovillas.com/properties.asp?PID=189
It will be for 6-7 nights. Im 33 and my wife is 29 so we would still like to have some night life as well.
Thanks in advance for all your help.
Hawaii or Cabo would be fine with me. I'm small and can probably fit in your large size suitcase... :rollside:

FREIND OF AA AND TA
07-24-2006, 08:21 PM
I am going to bed but bump this tomorrow and I will fill you in. Seem to be quite the expert these days. I got it all figured out now. You will be stoked! Way better than hawaii at 1/2 the cost!

dannyo
07-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Cabo was awesome when my wife and I went there. We stayed at the Sheraton which was a nice hotel but pretty mellow and not too far from town. :rollside:

beaverretriever
07-25-2006, 09:04 AM
I am going to bed but bump this tomorrow and I will fill you in. Seem to be quite the expert these days. I got it all figured out now. You will be stoked! Way better than hawaii at 1/2 the cost!
Cool, thanks for the help you guys. Any more info would be great. :)

Up 4 River
07-25-2006, 09:16 AM
I spent a week at the Hacienda Del Mar in December 2004 and loved it. Private beach and only about a 15 minute shuttle or taxi ride to the main part of town. Good resturants, couple pools, great ocean view and you have privacy if you want it. If you want to play golf it's there as well. Do yourself a favor and go to Costco when you get there to load up on drinks and snacks if you're going to be there for a while. It's only about 10 minutes away and will save you $$$ in the long run. I've stayed in town as well at the Marriott and liked being away from the action but knowing it was there if I wanted to go to it. Havve fun!
U4R

pixilatedpussy
07-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Hello....we stayed at the Melia San Lucas last August & had a lovely time! It is a 4 star right on Mendano Beach...( party beach) You can walk up & down to the different hotels & bars. Its also right in town ! Just bring some cash cuz it isnt like it used to be down there. Things are pricey. :220v: :rollside: You might want to consider an all inclusive ordeal!! :rollside: :rollside:

moneypit
07-25-2006, 10:53 AM
Cabo used to be a bargain. I have been there alot and I now only go there to fish. I dont bring the family.
I would much rather spend an extra few bucks and go to Hawaii. The food is better in Hawaii. You can have a glass of ice water. You dont have to brush your teeth out of a bottle. You dont have to take septra. Everyone speaks english. And most of all, there are no Juajacans pulling on your shirt to buy something.
Before when it was a deal and the alcohol was cheap it was worth the hassle. Not anymore. My last trip to Cabo. I ate at squid row walked to the Cabo wabo and drank Tequlla with Sammy and then the clock struck midnight. I walked back to the hotel and almost died from the food poison I got 4 hours earlier. I spent the entire trip in bed. Mutha Fockers!
Never again

nyeti
07-26-2006, 12:29 AM
Las Ventanas al Pariso (sp?) was fantastic when my wife and I went there for our honeymoon. It is a 6 star resort, and isn't cheap, but the service and facilities were the best I have ever had.