PDA

View Full Version : Whats this boat worth?

johnny2slick
07-24-2006, 11:27 PM
I have a friend who owns a Hondo Pantera with a 426 Chrysler Hemi. The boat was built from a hull he bought new from Hondo about 25-30 years ago and set up for racing. It has a beautiful panel painted candy paint job, and all the hardware are absolutely gorgeous custom machined pieces that are all polished or anodized, etc. Not a scratch on this baby and you can eat off any part of this show/go water rocket.
The boat was ran about 10 times, set a record or two, then was garaged for the last 25 years.
The trailer is as nice as the boat, although the bias ply tires might need an update.
What I want to know is this..... I can buy the boat for about 8500.00 less motor, or 20k with the motor. Is this reasonable? The boat has a tricked out split bowl pump, droop snoot, pedal operated cav plate, and so forth. Just hoping some of you jet afficianados might have a bit of input.

YumaBiesemeyer
07-25-2006, 06:22 AM
Sounds real nice. Need some pics.

Dan Lorenze
07-25-2006, 06:46 AM
I would have to see more pics of the boat to gauge what it would be worth. 8500 seems like a lot for an older jet boat with no motor.

sleekcrafter
07-25-2006, 07:13 AM
If it's only been used ten times, it's worth every penny. Since it's been garage kept, it's for all practical purposes is new. Try buying a new boat these days, for that. You need to decide if it's the boat for your needs first. post a pic of it, sounds very neat. :)
Sleek

LGCDEVIL
07-25-2006, 07:50 AM
What heads & induction are on the HEMI? Brand new 528 crate HEMI $13-14K, I think.