PDA

View Full Version : Rubrail problem

75MillerJet
07-25-2006, 08:04 AM
Anyone know of a good trick/glue to hold my rubber insert in the aluminum rubrail? it keeps wanting to fall out when it gets hit with a big wake. i'm thinking about trying silicone but i don't want it to not work and then have a bunch of silicone globs all over

4trax
07-25-2006, 08:10 AM
Black weather stripping adhesive. Stuff works awesome. From Napa.

eek-a-RAT
07-25-2006, 08:19 AM
3M weatherstrip adhesive otherwise known as gorilla snot. you can get it in in shades of yellow & black. it takes a lil practice to get it right. it can get messy if not paying attetion. dap it on your rail & let it set for a few mins before applying to the boat. my thoughts is,if it gets messy let it dry, then rub off the excess. good luck!

75MillerJet
07-25-2006, 04:31 PM
ok i have some gorilla glue is this the same stuff? its the clearish yellow kind but if i do it right it shouldn't matter what color it is

4trax
07-25-2006, 05:44 PM
Never tried actual gorilla snot. I've always used the yellowish or black 3m adhesive but there proabley the same thing. I only said black just in case you you messed a little that it would kinda be hidden by being the same color. Either way it sounds like you got the right stuff. It comes out kinda messy and guwee but it really holds.