PDA

View Full Version : cool video

Cas
07-25-2006, 08:15 AM
Jet Boat (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/140704F5-BF5A-47D0-9B9D-0299F85A91A1.htm)

eek-a-RAT
07-25-2006, 08:25 AM
thats some crazy shiet. do you think that yellow boat was stuck? i figure these aluminum boats are very forgiving in the shallows & debris.

LGCDEVIL
07-25-2006, 08:28 AM
Can anybody post a pic of the intake grate they use on those things? Also, how's the impellor look after a run like that? Looks like alot of fun.

Rampager
07-25-2006, 08:54 AM
can't get the video to play here but Im sure I have seen it. Can someone describe it?
You get stuck lots when you adventure boat, thats part of it, pushing the limits of what you can squeeze thru or skim over. Its not like you can scout out a channel over its whole length, you just give'er and go for it! Thats what makes it such a rush. And what makes the difference between an expereinced river boater and a rookie. You have to know what to look for and find the "right" water. Its not as easy as it looks and you gotta think fast
Last week when I was out west we were leading another boat up a side channel thru the tree's , maybe 8-10 feet wide, flowing pretty good and twisty with grass on the banks so it was a bit tricky to see around bends etc We had to jump a few logs to get thru and squeezed under a few downed tree's. It wasn't long before we encountered a tree too high to jump but too low to slip under well then it got interesting! We're now givin throttle to hold in the current when the boat behind us comes into sight and does the same, now we have to jockey in this tight channel to try to back out and we barely had room to turn the boat, eventually we did get facing forward but the other boat being 2 feet longer had some issues as well as a rollbar which is BAD on an adventure boat and had to basically back downstream a ways before turning around. Its all part of the adventure and wear and tear on the boat is just accepted. Dents pound out easily ;)
Jumping a boat over fallen tree's or beaver dams is kinda hard to describe buts its very satisfying to concour what ends other boats river advances
The rock grates aren't that fancy. Much like the stock berk ones but usually attached on both ends of the bars. Usually 1" x 1/4" flat bars with 1/2" gaps between them. Rocks that fit thru go right thru the pump and you'd be surprised how well the pump holds up with a SS impeller. Aluminum boats are definatly hard on equipment but then again so are dirt bikes, atv's and 4x4's hehe
Will try to post some clips later this week
Cheers

Old Man Havasu
07-25-2006, 09:01 AM
Looking forward to your videos or pics!

olbiezer
07-25-2006, 09:05 AM
so after that run did the beavers send u a bill for the damage u did to there dam? :)

Rampager
07-25-2006, 09:08 AM
Worthy of note: things can (and have) go wrong and sometimes people get hurt so you're best to be prepared for that and solo boating the tricky stuff isn't always the best idea. from many standpoints it can be an extremly rewarding way to boat and often you can access area's which could only be visited by foot and even then only with alot more time. Some of the scenery we saw last week was simply breathtaking
Cheers

Sleek-Jet
07-25-2006, 09:37 AM
can't get the video to play here but Im sure I have seen it. Can someone describe it?
You get stuck lots when you adventure boat, thats part of it, pushing the limits of what you can squeeze thru or skim over. Its not like you can scout out a channel over its whole length, you just give'er and go for it! Thats what makes it such a rush. And what makes the difference between an expereinced river boater and a rookie. You have to know what to look for and find the "right" water. Its not as easy as it looks and you gotta think fast
Last week when I was out west we were leading another boat up a side channel thru the tree's , maybe 8-10 feet wide, flowing pretty good and twisty with grass on the banks so it was a bit tricky to see around bends etc We had to jump a few logs to get thru and squeezed under a few downed tree's. It wasn't long before we encountered a tree too high to jump but too low to slip under well then it got interesting! We're now givin throttle to hold in the current when the boat behind us comes into sight and does the same, now we have to jockey in this tight channel to try to back out and we barely had room to turn the boat, eventually we did get facing forward but the other boat being 2 feet longer had some issues as well as a rollbar which is BAD on an adventure boat and had to basically back downstream a ways before turning around. Its all part of the adventure and wear and tear on the boat is just accepted. Dents pound out easily ;)
Jumping a boat over fallen tree's or beaver dams is kinda hard to describe buts its very satisfying to concour what ends other boats river advances
The rock grates aren't that fancy. Much like the stock berk ones but usually attached on both ends of the bars. Usually 1" x 1/4" flat bars with 1/2" gaps between them. Rocks that fit thru go right thru the pump and you'd be surprised how well the pump holds up with a SS impeller. Aluminum boats are definatly hard on equipment but then again so are dirt bikes, atv's and 4x4's hehe
Will try to post some clips later this week
Cheers
It's one of the Eagle Racing clips... unpainted boat, jumps the beaver damn about half way through, they end up on the gravel bar at the end laughing... :D :D :D

Wicked Performance Boats
07-25-2006, 10:16 AM
NOW thats what I call "WICKED" Great job taking the video, I have a hard time holding it still while standing on the beach. lol Julie and Pat :220v: :crossx: :220v:

Rampager
07-25-2006, 10:24 AM
Yea thats a classic and has a special place in my mind. thats the clip that got me hooked on this. I remember years ago seeing it and being dumbfounded that that sorta thing was possible. Kinda started me on the road to extreme boating :)
Its Rob C driving, founder of both Outlaw and Eagle and designer of many boats they still sell(he sold his interest in both) We boated with him last week and spent some time at his place, that was kinda an honour, he's done alot for this sport(and his dad) Was told a while back I hadn't lived till I ran the Upper Red Deer in a sportjet with Rob, that video shows you why! We ran that river last week with 5 boats including Rob and his gf. great day boating and got some cool footage. The river got changed alot last year in the flood but it still has some killer channels and more wood than you can shake a stick at to jump and dodge. I belive thats Rob laughing at the end of the clip, great guy and a TON of boating stories to tell over some drinks.
I'm putting together a teaser of the Clearwater river which is like the Upper Red but better haha I found that hard to belive..... till I saw it!
Cheers

T-56
07-25-2006, 11:19 AM
If I bought a jet, that's why I would buy it!!!

Rampager
07-25-2006, 02:29 PM
See new thread "More extreme video: are you ready?"
Cheers

Bigern
07-25-2006, 04:56 PM
looks like quite an adventure :crossx:

THEPISTONHEAD
07-25-2006, 06:50 PM
You know that dude is saying "My boat can run in .......ohhh.....about a 1/2 inch of water, and jump shit, ..............how bout yours!!!!!"
That is just bad ass! What a rush.