PDA

View Full Version : Laughlin was HOT

Water Romper
07-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Just got back from Laughlin Monday and it was hot! 119—122 degrees….
We launched out of the NEW marina on the river Friday ($30.00 :2purples: ) and went down to Topoc, was nice a nice ride. :)
The rest of the weekend went out of KatherineÂ’s, the lake was nice. No rain but lightning in the distance at night. Met some nice peeps in Gasoline Alley.
Did not see one patrol the whole time. :rollside:
The “lice” were out in droves on the river Sat and Sun…looked out of control when we crossed the bridge going back to the hotel. :yuk: :yuk:
On the way home Monday (I-40) We say approx 14 border patrol units positioned along the FWY all looking at the west bound trafficÂ…I wonder who and what they were looking forÂ… :rolleyes:

Mrs.HLB
07-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Was out there this past weekend also.. launched out of Cottonwood on Sat and had to park in the camping area. It was about a mile from the lake. In the heat!! I thought I was going to pass out. But the marina was empty which makes it all ok. Water was great! We headed down to gasoline alley also. It was pretty busy in there! How was Katherine's? Busy? The last couple of times we have gone out we have gone to Cottonwood. Didn't launch on Sunday since the newbies were burnt up. What new marina did you launch from?
Thanks,
Mrs.HLB

DILLIGAF
07-25-2006, 10:44 AM
I came back from Havasu Sunday and went into Laughlin to go to a movie. When we went over the bridge I could not believe the amount of lake lice still out. That part of the river is a clusterXXXX!

AirtimeLavey
07-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Yeah, us too. Great w/e. Blazing heat. Sat. we launched at Needles, and went all the way down to Hav. Springs to meet up w/friends. Made stops along the way. Towed the kids around the springs area, then went back. All on one tank of gas! Fun time, met some great people. Sun., launched at Katherine's (late, around 10) and stayed on the water up by the dam, then G.A. in the afternoon, and finally off the water at 5. Almost went to Cottonwood on Sun., but decided to try Katherine's. Launched in 20 min., and off in about 35. Not bad. :D
Only downside - DQ in Ludlow was closed by the time we got by there. :cry:

Nord
07-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Just got back from Laughlin Monday and it was hot! 119—122 degrees….
We launched out of the NEW marina on the river Friday ($30.00 :2purples: ) and went down to Topoc, was nice a nice ride. :)
The rest of the weekend went out of KatherineÂ’s, the lake was nice. No rain but lightning in the distance at night. Met some nice peeps in Gasoline Alley.
Did not see one patrol the whole time. :rollside:
The “lice” were out in droves on the river Sat and Sun…looked out of control when we crossed the bridge going back to the hotel. :yuk: :yuk:
On the way home Monday (I-40) We say approx 14 border patrol units positioned along the FWY all looking at the west bound trafficÂ…I wonder who and what they were looking forÂ… :rolleyes:
Am I the only one that caught $30.00 for a launch fee!!!!!
You have to be F*cking kidding me!!!!
Please explain............Maybe that included something.
~NORD~

Water Romper
07-25-2006, 12:40 PM
~NORD~
You caught this correct!! $30.00 friggen dollars :mad: :mad:
Granted, there was not one soul there and we launched and retrived in less than 5 minutes..but then, I am sure there were no other idiots that would pay this amount...we were hot and wanted to get on the water...I just shelled out the cash and forgot about it.... :cry:

Nord
07-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Granted, there was not one soul there and we launched and retrived in less than 5 minutes..but then, I am sure there were no other idiots that would pay this amount...we were hot and wanted to get on the water...I just shelled out the cash and forgot about it.... :cry:
I appreciate your honesty!!
That really sucks! Is it the new marina around the corner from Harrah's??

Badger301
07-25-2006, 12:45 PM
Just a few miles down is Big Bend...10 bucks then a little further is Needles...30 bucks is to much IMO

Water Romper
07-25-2006, 02:54 PM
The marina is right where the old golf course used to be, Emerald River I think was the nameÂ…not far from the house that sells FerretsÂ…(that always cracks me up) :)
Apparently the marina will store your boat indoors; they have a “lift” and will stack the boats indoors, looks like 10 high. There is a restaurant and “Bay Club” too. Their marina area is very small but looks nice but it should, being brand new.
There was a “hose down” area where you would exit so that was nice…
I about croaked when the gal said “That will be $30.00 sir” I said, “I don’t want a weeks pass I just want to launch today” she said “Sorry sir but this is for one day”…..It’s a good 30 minutes back to Davis marina and it was about 300 degrees outside and the river was “lice” free so I just thought “screw it” I won some money the night before so here we go… :crossx:
It was a very nice place however I can’t see people paying these prices…..looks like it’s geared toward the “Country Club” folks. A lot of silver haired dudes wearing white shorts and polo shirts with ladies straight out of Palm Springs sipping Iced Tea on the patios. :rolleyes:

voodoomedman
07-25-2006, 02:55 PM
Just a few miles down is Big Bend...10 bucks then a little further is Needles...30 bucks is to much IMO
Yeah never usually a wait at Big Bend and it's short if it is. And if you have ski's or a small jet and are cheap you can launch in the dirt at Pipeline Beach.

AirtimeLavey
07-25-2006, 03:12 PM
The Avi is good, too for smaller boats or jets. I won't even try to launch my "mid" size 24 there. I think they only charge $10, and have a gas station right there.

HOOTER SLED-
07-25-2006, 06:23 PM
~NORD~
Are you freekin kidding me? WHat a joke. Why not just roll down to Big Bend, like 3 minutes away? Drop a few bucks in the envelope and you're good.

Dan Lorenze
07-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Are you freekin kidding me? WHat a joke. Why not just roll down to Big Bend, like 3 minutes away? Drop a few bucks in the envelope and you're good.
Exactly..... :)

Nord
07-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Thats what I said!!!