PDA

View Full Version : 91 freeway under construction

n8dawg
07-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Thought I would give you guys a heads up. We'll be closing down 2 lanes + the shoulder on the 91 east bound from 10:00pm to 7:00am untill September 1st. In 2 weeks we'll be closing down the west 91 as well. We are working 7 nights a week straight threw to September 1 st. Traffic isn't all that bad, if you hit it between midight and 5am.
Drive safe.
Nate

DILLIGAF
07-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Thought I would give you guys a heads up. We'll be closing down 2 lanes + the shoulder on the 91 east bound from 10:00pm to 7:00am untill September 1st. In 2 weeks we'll be closing down the west 91 as well. We are working 7 nights a week straight threw to September 1 st. Traffic isn't all that bad, if you hit it between midight and 5am.
Drive safe.
Nate
What start/end point?

n8dawg
07-25-2006, 10:57 AM
From Lakeview in Yorba Linda to Corona.

RitcheyRch
07-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the freeway info. Doesnt affect me but forwarded to a buddy of mine that commutes the 91.

Nord
07-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Hasn't this already been going on for the last week and a half???
I live off of Greenriver and get off of work late, so I've seen this for a while and it SUCKS!!!!

Jyruiz
07-25-2006, 11:15 AM
What exactly are you guys working on?

Cole
07-25-2006, 11:35 AM
Widening the lanes i hope....or adding 10 more.

Deano
07-25-2006, 12:09 PM
no shit.

DILLIGAF
07-25-2006, 01:12 PM
I live off GR also and take the FasTrak. Hope that isn't affected by this

Mrs.HLB
07-25-2006, 02:15 PM
I think it has already been started. I went to Disneyland on July 13 and we hit the traffic.. it sucked! I hope they add some lanes both ways.
Mrs.HLB

djunkie
07-25-2006, 02:18 PM
I live off GR also and take the FasTrak. Hope that isn't affected by this
Fastrak is my life saver on the way to the river. Hopefully it still moves through there.

ADDICTED
07-25-2006, 02:26 PM
Good post! I always drive through there on the weekends and would hate to think there isn't any traffic than bam construction!

HOOTER SLED-
07-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Hasn't this already been going on for the last week and a half???
I live off of Greenriver and get off of work late, so I've seen this for a while and it SUCKS!!!!
This has been going on for like a month already. I roll by there around 3:15 am. Usually the 3 right lanes Westbound. Some days they have the Fastrak open free for everyone. AT times it looks like they are wrapping it up right around then too. Truck usually backing up scooping up cones.

HOOTER SLED-
07-25-2006, 06:21 PM
On the Eastbound side it looks like maybe they are working on the few offramps near the scales. Maybe widening them? Since these exits are always backed up during rush hour. That would be too smart for Caltrans though. :crossx:

LLGirl
07-25-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm interested to know what they're doing too. We're between Imperial and Weir Canyon/YL Blvd. They've been doing something around here for awhile, they even have detour signs that are covered up down La Palma and Yorba Linda Blvd.
Also... what the heck is going on w/the shutdown of the carpool lane from the 91 W to transition to the 5? I pass it every morning and it says it will be closed until 2010!!! :220v:

Pussywhippled
07-26-2006, 10:55 AM
Drive safe.
Nate
Wow I'm glad you are going to be working on the east bound side of the 91 freeway, because the high quality workers working on the west bound side right after the 241 have two black asphalt strips coming across into 2 or 3 lanes and they give you one hell of a jolt. I drive a big truck and was thrown around, so can imagine the smaller cars.
Then as I continue to drive, up a little ways was a 7 series BMW with 20's or better and some thin 30 series tires, all four tires flat, with bent rims I'm sure.
I guess my question is this... When a road is torn up for repair, is good enough good enough for the fix?
But I guess good enough is good enough when it leads to and from the IE...

n8dawg
07-26-2006, 11:41 AM
My part of the project has been going on for about a week and a half. All we're doing is re-paving the shoulders (your tax money hard at work) one of thoughs complete waste of time and money jobs. I'm the guy sleeping in the truck with my yellow light on! Thank you tax payers! :p J/k!!
Our project: Lakeview Blvd east to Greenriver. # 1 & 2 lanes will be closed including off and on ramps. Pavement rehab. on the shoulder and off/on ramps as well. Also there is work being done on the west bound side, completely different project but from what I can see there doing "rapid set concrete" fixing any cracks in the existing concrete. In approx. 2 weeks we'll be turning around and paving the west bound side. Fastrak is not affected by this at this time and I don't think it will be. We take the lanes at 10:00pm, thats when traffic is the worst (for the late night travelers) and we pave untill 5:00am. Everything has to be opened up by 6:ooam. Last weekend I noticed alot of boats in tow going past me (damn 7 nights a week!) thought I would post this little piece of info up for any ***boaters.

Midlife Advantage
07-26-2006, 12:25 PM
My part of the project has been going on for about a week and a half. All we're doing is re-paving the shoulders (your tax money hard at work) one of thoughs complete waste of time and money jobs. I'm the guy sleeping in the truck with my yellow light on! Thank you tax payers! :p J/k!!
Our project: Lakeview Blvd east to Greenriver. # 1 & 2 lanes will be closed including off and on ramps. Pavement rehab. on the shoulder and off/on ramps as well. Also there is work being done on the west bound side, completely different project but from what I can see there doing "rapid set concrete" fixing any cracks in the existing concrete. In approx. 2 weeks we'll be turning around and paving the west bound side. Fastrak is not affected by this at this time and I don't think it will be. We take the lanes at 10:00pm, thats when traffic is the worst (for the late night travelers) and we pave untill 5:00am. Everything has to be opened up by 6:ooam. Last weekend I noticed alot of boats in tow going past me (damn 7 nights a week!) thought I would post this little piece of info up for any ***boaters.
So, as far as you know N8, the west bound work will continue in the dark hours and the Eastbound work stops at Green River. We are leaving with the boat saturday morning about 3 or 4am to head up over the grapevine, from Green River, I am guessing it would be wise to get on the 91 eastbound there and take the 71 up and away from the mess? In other words, do you think East of GR/ :idea: 91 will be wide open?

n8dawg
07-26-2006, 06:31 PM
So, as far as you know N8, the west bound work will continue in the dark hours and the Eastbound work stops at Green River. We are leaving with the boat saturday morning about 3 or 4am to head up over the grapevine, from Green River, I am guessing it would be wise to get on the 91 eastbound there and take the 71 up and away from the mess? In other words, do you think East of GR/ :idea: 91 will be wide open?
In my opinion I would take the 91 to the 71. Should be wide open. If you came west bound you would be hung up in a few spots. I drive everyday home to Ventura and take the 91 to the 5 to the 101 and there's alot of construction going on at night on all thoughs highways.
Good luck.
TONIGHTS PAVING CANCELLED DUE TO POWER OUTTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UNTILL FURTHER NOTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rollside:

Havasu1986
07-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Since you work for Cal Trans. Do you know how long the 8 mile stretch on the 40 is going to be 1 lane. And why is it like that. I have never seen anybody working?

beerjet
07-26-2006, 07:00 PM
There's a ton of traffic all day long and just as it lets up for the evening . You go and create more traffic for the night time commute. At least I have tom in the afternoon . I love flash fridays !
Who am I kidding , I avoid the 91 like the plague.
-beerjet-

n8dawg
07-26-2006, 07:20 PM
I DO NOT WORK FOR CALTRANS!

n8dawg
07-26-2006, 07:22 PM
There's a ton of traffic all day long and just as it lets up for the evening . You go and create more traffic for the night time commute. At least I have tom in the afternoon . I love flash fridays !
Who am I kidding , I avoid the 91 like the plague.
-beerjet-
Toms great!

Krazy K
07-26-2006, 09:43 PM
I DO NOT WORK FOR CALTRANS!
That's right....People that who work for Caltrans....don't work!!
I thought Caltrans was bad until I moved to Portland, OR. The state flag should be a orange flag that says "SLOW". :rolleyes:

HYPNAUTIC
07-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Damn... I sure am glad they're repaving the shoulders and leaving the sh!ty road as it is. I will feel much safer next time I drive on the shoulder :rollside:

n8dawg
07-27-2006, 07:52 AM
Damn... I sure am glad they're repaving the shoulders and leaving the sh!ty road as it is. I will feel much safer next time I drive on the shoulder :rollside:
How do you think I feel? I have to drive 4 hrs to work every night just so that I can watch them pave the shoulder! WTF!!! :mad:
Oh well it pays my bills. :p

Schmick
07-27-2006, 07:54 AM
frickin sucks, turned a 25 mile commute from Woodcrest to Chino Hills into a 90+ minute pissing contest. You in the black camry with the "Jaguares" sticker on the back window... I will find you

n8dawg
07-28-2006, 07:18 AM
Started paving again last night. Just in time for your weekend commute!!!! :crossx:

roostwear
07-28-2006, 07:21 AM
Finish the damn thing up before people stumble upon my route AROUND the 91!

Schmick
07-28-2006, 07:45 AM
just cancel out those 91 toll lanes and make the 91 6 lanes per direction from the 5 to the 60

Cole
07-28-2006, 07:56 AM
Finish the damn thing up before people stumble upon my route AROUND the 91!
what cha talkin about Willis?