PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Razor

Wet Dream
07-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Whats the concensus on this phone? My old phone took a crap and I'm looking for a new phone. I don't need the top of the line do all, but I like most major functions, and to get onto Hot Boat forums on the phone would be great. Is it a good phone, or look for another?

Sleek-Jet
07-25-2006, 06:23 PM
They're fragile... if you tend to be a little clutzy with your phone, move on.
I've got an e815 Motorolla, Verizon, it's nearly as good a phone as my old Star-tac...

Mrs.Killer
07-25-2006, 06:30 PM
Can't hear that well out of it. Other that that, i like mine.

olbiezer
07-25-2006, 06:34 PM
loved mine it was much better the the samsung i had.......but.......dont let it get wet lol it got wet dropping out of the holder in the boat....naturly it went to the wetest part of the boat and killed itself.......i say it was suaside myself........motrola say too bad we dont fix em just make em........

LUVNLIFE
07-25-2006, 06:36 PM
I work construction out in the field as a foreman and everyone I know that has one says they like them but the phone doesn't make a good field phone :cool:

Daytona19
07-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Can't hear that well out of it. Other that that, i like mine.
I really like mine. IF you cant hear out of it go make them give you another. Mine did that too and it was replaced asap and I actually have to turn it down now its so loud. Good phone!

JetBoatRich
07-25-2006, 07:37 PM
I bought one for both my kids, they love them and still working after 8 months :cool: the features are good and they use the blue tooth to swap files, etc :rolleyes:

Chipster27
07-25-2006, 07:39 PM
I've got an e815 Motorolla, Verizon, it's nearly as good a phone as my old Star-tac...
Same thing I had a V3 when they first came out from Cingular. Good phone, but a little awkward due to it's size. I handed it down to the wife and at first she liked it but after using a while she thought it was too thin.
I then went to a Treo 650, a Blackberry, a Treo 700W and now I have a Motorola E815 and really like it. It's a little bigger, but tactilely it's easier to use.

J540
07-25-2006, 07:44 PM
Whats the concensus on this phone? My old phone took a crap and I'm looking for a new phone. I don't need the top of the line do all, but I like most major functions, and to get onto Hot Boat forums on the phone would be great. Is it a good phone, or look for another?
Wife and I and the kids have one. The kids are not too easy on them but there not to bad. Just dont put it in your pocket cuz it gets fuzz in the screen area and its hard to see in the day light. the first ones had a few prob, but all is good so far, just get the Ins, dont cheep out on that its not that bad, a few bucks a month.

BadKachina
07-25-2006, 07:47 PM
It has tons of features, fits easilly in your pocket, stays charged forever and recharges in minutes. I can't find anything I don't like about it except that its fragile. I dropped one and the screen quit working, jumped in the lake with one in my pocket and it died completely. So I've had three in as many months. I'm tired of buying new ones now, you just have be carefull with them. It's actually so small that you forget it's in your pocket most of the time.
My son has some Samsung phone that says is much better, seems like teenagers know what's up with stuff like that.

Charley
07-25-2006, 08:06 PM
For what we payed my wife doesn't care for hers...I love my Blackberry... it's bullet proof!

Cole
07-25-2006, 08:29 PM
GF doesn't like hers at all, she cant hear out of it and she has a problem seeing the screen outside. I guess you can't plugin a head set but is blue tooth ready

DUNDUN
07-25-2006, 08:36 PM
ive got one.. i like it, its got good features, the charge is good, the camera is pretty decent quality. but yeah, dont drop it. haha.

TRUMP TIGHT
07-25-2006, 08:44 PM
Sony makes one that i will be getting here REAL SOON!! It holds about 100 songs, has am fm, you can hook it into a stereo with headphone to rca jacks and has all the other crap as well. And it isnt too much either.
My .02

ROZ
07-25-2006, 10:24 PM
The new one will be a little thinner.. A buddy of mine is cruising around with the next model prototype.. Pretty cool... I hear it has some cool new features... ;)

C-2
07-25-2006, 11:39 PM
I think it's a bit thin too. Looks cool as hell, but ya have to be pretty nimble. I'm using the Motorola E815, which is a lot more functional than its predecessor V710. In fact I'm pretty impressed by this phone.
But then again...I just figured out how to read email on my phone, so what the fawk do I know :220v: :220v: :220v:

RitcheyRch
07-26-2006, 03:59 AM
My Daughter has one and has gone through about 4 in 6 months. She likes the phone although doesnt seem real durable.

imbndvs
07-26-2006, 04:43 AM
I had one for about 5 days. Was a POS!!! Took it back and exchanged it for the Palm Treo which is the best phone I have ever had.

catman-do
07-26-2006, 06:54 AM
I just got one a month ago and HATE it!!! Ive had the v551's before and didnt have problems with those. The Razor is so small its earsy to drop, its hard to hear out of the earpeace, and for some reason the battery will shut off the phone. The lady at cingular said the shutting off she has heard about several times. If the thing doesnt work why sell it??? But then again i use it for work and put 2900 minutes on it last month too....

LAFD
07-26-2006, 07:16 AM
i like mine. havent dropped it yet but i hear they dont liked to be dropped. have drenced it but i took the battery out and let the phone air out and it works just fine. only thing i dont like is dust gets behind the screen and makes it hard to see in light so i have to take the screen off to clean behind it. other than that great its a great phone.

a catered life
07-26-2006, 07:26 AM
i also have the motorola 815 and have been very happy with it...does everthing the razor does just not so slim

KingCole
07-26-2006, 08:17 AM
I'm on my third one in eight months. The screen would go blank on the first two and I couldn't tell who's calling. I do like the size if it

schlepy
07-26-2006, 08:20 AM
that phone is junk do not buy it. on the thrid phone in less than a year. what a piece of chit. i now have a stock nokia that i can bang around and i love it.

Acommanderguy
07-26-2006, 08:26 AM
the only phone I will over own is a Sprint treo. It is the most amazing phone. I have had all types of phones to the old nokia brick, to the star-tac, and the samsungs etc... But this phone blows them all out of the water IMO. It will allow you on most websites including this one, and myspace the 2 daily musts of the internet! Also has realplayer on it and you can create your play lists

BajaMike
07-26-2006, 08:40 AM
Get the Sprint Blade....way better phone, does everything, is very sturdy.
:idea:

chase8
07-26-2006, 08:41 AM
Had mine about 1 yr. It takes some getting used to (thin). But mine seems to be bullet proof. Dropped it numerous times, edges are slightly banged up, but it works great. Drop it in your pocket and you don't know it's there.

Wet Dream
07-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Unfortunately, the E815 isn't available to CellOne customers (me). It seems to a Verizon specific phone. So, my top line options are the Treo, Blackberry, and the Razor.

Wet Dream
07-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Unfortunately, the E815 isn't available to CellOne customers (me). It seems to be a Verizon specific phone. So, my top line options are the Treo, Blackberry, and the Razor.

Acommanderguy
07-26-2006, 09:36 AM
WD hands down the treo is the way to go. Love it.

a catered life
07-26-2006, 10:06 AM
I work construction out in the field as a foreman and everyone I know that has one says they like them but the phone doesn't make a good field phone :cool:
since when is stripping for dollars called construction :rolleyes:
what up its almost raider time so get that dam blow up ready :p