PDA

View Full Version : msd dist. ??

bakerjet
07-25-2006, 07:12 PM
which color springs and stop bushing on the mech. advance does everybody seem to like? :rollside:

YumaBiesemeyer
07-26-2006, 08:02 AM
I am using black bushings with one light silver and one blue. This lets me run most of my timing on the crank. I am at about 34 degrees total.

RCB19
07-26-2006, 09:43 AM
I run mine locked out. No need for a advance curve in a jetboat unless your starter can't turn your motor at full advance. If this is the case set it up with light springs and have it total out by 1500 to 1800 rpm. MSD gives you instructoins and parts to reset your curve in the box.

YumaBiesemeyer
07-26-2006, 11:08 AM
I run mine locked out. No need for a advance curve in a jetboat unless your starter can't turn your motor at full advance. If this is the case set it up with light springs and have it total out by 1500 to 1800 rpm. MSD gives you instructoins and parts to reset your curve in the box.
Locked out can be a little hard on starters sometimes. The set up I have now is pretty easy on the starter and it comes in full just off Idle. With the lightest springs it was advancing at idle.

bakerjet
07-26-2006, 03:28 PM
i was running it locked out but i'm gonna see what the advance does for my fuel consumption i went to bigger carb and can almost watch the fuel gauge move. :cry:

RCB19
07-26-2006, 08:21 PM
i was running it locked out but i'm gonna see what the advance does for my fuel consumption i went to bigger carb and can almost watch the fuel gauge move. :cry:
Going back to an advance curve will not help fuel consumption in a jetboat. In fact it might even get worse. If you must run the advance mechanisim set it up to come in early and fast. Jetboat motors like that.

bakerjet
07-26-2006, 09:34 PM
thanks for the replys gonna try the 2nd lightest springs and go from there.

boater012
07-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Well if you went to a bigger carb and you are unhappy with the fuel consumption then go back to a smaller carb sir! Seems logical to me that the fuel consumption would get better again!!!

bakerjet
07-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Well if you went to a bigger carb and you are unhappy with the fuel consumption then go back to a smaller carb sir! Seems logical to me that the fuel consumption would get better again!!!
naa! i like the new 950hp,just getting it set up properly gonna put a 150 powershot on soon which was the reason for the carb swap. :crossx: