PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Favorites?

Wet Dream
07-26-2006, 09:31 AM
I just got a new computer and need to transfer the Bookmarks from this computer, onto floppy any then into the new computer. Uhhhh, how do I do that? Uhhhh huh.

Jyruiz
07-26-2006, 09:37 AM
Go into explorer, then to Documents and settings, then to your profile, right click on Favorites, copy and then paste it onto the floppy. Then do the same in reveres. Of course, this is if you have Win 2k or Win XP.

Wet Dream
07-26-2006, 09:39 AM
Of course, this is if you have Win 2k or Win XP.
Dude, I'm just now upgrading from Win98. :D

Jyruiz
07-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Dude, I'm just now upgrading from Win98. :D
Well, you can still transfer your favorites, go thru explorer, they should be somewhere in there as well. Sorry, but I don't remember exactly.

FMluvswater
07-26-2006, 11:36 AM
I just got a new computer and need to transfer the Bookmarks from this computer, onto floppy any then into the new computer. Uhhhh, how do I do that? Uhhhh huh.
Dunno if you've already done it or not but when your browser window is open, at the top far left is File. If you click it one of the options in the drop down menu is import/export. If you click that you can choose from the options there to export your favorites and/or cookies to a different folder e.g. a floppy disk drive. I'm looking at version 6.0 of Internet Explorer.

CHEETAH24
07-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Copy the link after you open it...then e-mail it to yourself and open it on the new pc..It's the lazy way but it works.