PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar (the energy drink) almost killed my friend.............

barbigrl
07-26-2006, 07:06 PM
Just got a phone call from a good friend of mine that I have not spoken to in quite some time........he just spent two weeks in the hospital for bleeding on the brain. After just three sips of Rockstar (which he has drank in the past) he lost all strength in his legs and collapsed. Of course at the time he did not contribute to the drink. His brother helped back to his feet in which he collapsed again. They took him to the ER.....he started to lose motor skills. They contributed it to dehydration and sent him home. a few days later after another drink of Rockstar he collapsed again. They again took him to the ER where another Dr. did an eye test....and he described it as if the light was burning all the way to the back of his skull. At that moment they admitted and began running a series of neurological tests. He was on the verge of having a stroke and his blood pressure was skyrocketing. He told them he had that drink. He is about the 10h patient this hospital has seen with this problem. They had one guy come in a few weeks before for having a stroke after drinking a monster. He did not make it! just thought I would spread the word! I know a lot of kids drink them as well! I know I won't again!

JB in so cal
07-26-2006, 07:08 PM
3 friggen sips?????????

blown dough
07-26-2006, 07:09 PM
Wow that's awful, I have a diet rockstar every now and then, maybe I should re-think that.

voodoomedman
07-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Hmmmmm. Just bought a case at Sam's. Rarely drink them though and I have good nutrition and keep hydrated with gatorade, juice or water. I wonder if that makes a difference. Hope your friend is okay and everything turns out well.
Just got a phone call from a good friend of mine that I have not spoken to in quite some time........he just spent two weeks in the hospital for bleeding on the brain. After just three sips of Rockstar (which he has drank in the past) he lost all strength in his legs and collapsed. Of course at the time he did not contribute to the drink. His brother helped back to his feet in which he collapsed again. They took him to the ER.....he started to lose motor skills. They contributed it to dehydration and sent him home. a few days later after another drink of Rockstar he collapsed again. They again took him to the ER where another Dr. did an eye test....and he described it as if the light was burning all the way to the back of his skull. At that moment they admitted and began running a series of neurological tests. He was on the verge of having a stroke and his blood pressure was skyrocketing. He told them he had that drink. He is about the 10h patient this hospital has seen with this problem. They had one guy come in a few weeks before for having a stroke after drinking a monster. He did not make it! just thought I would spread the word! I know a lot of kids drink them as well! I know I won't again!

barbigrl
07-26-2006, 07:10 PM
3 friggen sips?????????
Thats what I said.....he swears to it! I have known him for about 15 years....a liar he is not!

Kilrtoy
07-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend, BUT I cant buy the ROCKSTAR theory....

NOTALENT
07-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Damn...Sorry to hear that Mellissa. I drink one a day in the morning, but recently have been feeling weird...like hard to breathe at times...It only happens when I drink them. I am now trying to stay away from them. That is scary stuff....kind of like the ephederine effect. I probably shoudnt be drinking anything after the liver damage.

pixilatedpussy
07-26-2006, 07:12 PM
hmmm??? Sounds strange....but thanks for the info! :p Hope your friend is doing well.

NOTALENT
07-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Hmmmmm. Just bought a case at Sam's. Rarely drink them though and I have good nutrition and keep hydrated with gatorade, juice or water. I wonder if that makes a difference. Hope your friend is okay and everything turns out well.
I dont know....If you saw my gym bag filled with vitamins and minerals and all the healthy shit I take and drink about 2 gallons a day in water you'd be suprised..I still feel bad when I drink them....What sucks is its my favorite drink!!! :mad:

Acommanderguy
07-26-2006, 07:13 PM
wow that is crazy! I hope he is ok. I need to rethink what I drink, bc I drink those things everyday

blown dough
07-26-2006, 07:16 PM
My hubby had one saturday afternoon around 4:00pm we got off the water about 7:00pm we were all tired but him, out of control!!!!!!! Stayed up until 1:00am cleaning the boat in the driveway, he was lit, he never drinks those now I know why.

AzLakeLizard
07-26-2006, 07:21 PM
Damn...Sorry to hear that Mellissa. I drink one a day in the morning, but recently have been feeling weird...like hard to breathe at times...It only happens when I drink them. I am now trying to stay away from them. That is scary stuff....kind of like the ephederine effect. I probably shoudnt be drinking anything after the liver damage.
Any people who have a history of a heart disorder.. or just something that has happened to them in the past.... like a rapid heart beat from out of no where.. or an upsurge/flush feeling.. especially after having an Energy drink containing any form of Caffeine and or sugar... should be careful!
I and my whole family have a history of "said" non life threatening heart episodes.. but.. link them in with certain herbs for body building.. or coffee or energy "rockstar" drinks.. and donuts.. or candy bars/chocolate.. it can put people into the hospital and also unfortunately we as in most people.. Just kind of put those little strange episodes off..

n8dawg
07-26-2006, 07:27 PM
thats a scary story

HavasuSelect
07-26-2006, 07:28 PM
None of the energy drinks are approved by the FDA. I guess I should cut back on the vodka/red bull and the Road Rapers with Red bull instead of punch.

barbigrl
07-26-2006, 07:33 PM
None of the energy drinks are approved by the FDA. I guess I should cut back on the vodka/red bull and the Road Rapers with Red bull instead of punch.
The Dr's actually said that the mixture of alchol with them are the WORST!! Alcohol lower's your heart rate, where the energy drink raises it....causing lots of heart attacks! I am not one for abusing the legal system but I think he should sue the f*ck out of them....he almost died. :mad:

barbigrl
07-26-2006, 07:34 PM
Ohhh now that sounds good!! I like the energy drinks too......but that is way too close to home for me~

HavasuSelect
07-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Ohhh now that sounds good!! I like the energy drinks too......but that is way too close to home for me~
It was good, but I made the mistake of having it after a long day of drinking. Needless to say it was a long night of throwing up.

NOTALENT
07-26-2006, 07:39 PM
The Dr's actually said that the mixture of alchol with them are the WORST!! Alcohol lower's your heart rate, where the energy drink raises it....causing lots of heart attacks! I am not one for abusing the legal system but I think he should sue the f*ck out of them....he almost died. :mad:
Dont say that...that is BS...there is know way he should sue them or even be able to....its under his own risk and its common sense. They make the energy drink to drink it by itself. If you choose to mix it to intensify it for your own satisfaction that is all one you.
I hate our legal system. You can sue for anything these days.

bruddah
sorry to hear about your friend. i have heard many stories about people having palpitations and fluttering in their chest from drinking the red bull vodka or whatever ya want. turns out many of them end up having heart rates close too or in the 200's. NOT GOOD. :crossx:

Trailer Park Casanova
We buy it by the case at COSTCO and pound it down,, can't buy that therory.

barbigrl
07-26-2006, 07:41 PM
We buy it by the case at COSTCO and pound it down,, can't buy that therory.
It affects everyone differently

Schmick
07-26-2006, 07:42 PM
when you add Vodka, you negate the bad side effects

Her454
07-26-2006, 07:48 PM
I used to be a Red Bull fanatic. Stop drinking them after they started making me feel sick after I would drink them. Tried RockStar and had the same effects as described above but not to that extreme. Felt like passing out and gave me very bad headaches. I have a slight heart murmur that I've had all my life but never had any issues to speak of..........I dont drink Red Bull OR RockStar anymore at all.
I think heat, hydration and health all play a factor although I find it hard to believe that 3 sips would cause this episode.
Who knows tho and why take chances. Glad your friend is ok Melissa.

beaverretriever
07-26-2006, 07:54 PM
A guy that was a salesperson for us drank 4 diet Rockstars a day. Not counting the ones at home. He would come in with a new 4 pack every fricken day. I dont know how his body handled it. I hate to say it, but I kind of was hoping it would get rid of him... :crossx:

BajaMike
07-26-2006, 08:23 PM
This story sounds surprisingly like a lot of urban rumors....it's always "a good friend"....but there is no information that says the doctors actually blamed Rock Star for any of the illnesses except the "guy who had a stoke after drinking monster" and died.
There were similar internet rumors regarding Red Bull, but in fact, there is not one case of someone who died from drinking Red Bull (it only has about as much caffiene as a cup of coffee).
From Snopes.com regarding these Red Bull Internet rumors....
"Criticisms of the beverage primarily have to do with the amount of caffeine (equivalent to that found in a typical cup of coffee) and sugar (about 5 teaspoons per 250 ml can) contained in the brew. Caffeine is deadly when ingested in a massive dose, but the amount estimated to prove fatal is ten grams, which would require 125 cans of the drink. Disregarding the marketing hype, sugar is no better at giving energy than any other food or drink. The best fluids for rehydration contain just a pinch of salt and sugar, which makes Red Bull a highly unusual sports drink.
Despite whatever conclusions one might draw from the name, Red Bull contains no substances of animal origin. Even the taurine used in the formulation is synthetically produced.
Yet concern remains, fueled by misgivings about the drink's high concentrations of caffeine, a lurking gut feeling that large amounts of taurine might not be beneficial for folks, and suspicion that Red Bull somehow caused four deaths.
In 1991, the deaths of three people in Sweden who expired after drinking Red Bull were reported. Two of the deceased had mixed the drink with alcohol, the other downed it undiluted during rigorous exercise. No direct proof has yet emerged that demonstrates Red Bull is at fault in any of these deaths. In 1999, 18-year-old Irish basketball player Ross Cooney drank three Red Bulls before expiring on the court. The coroner attributed the young man's demise to thickened arteries and sudden adult death syndrome, yet due to guilt by association, his having had three cans of Red Bull just before his life ended is perceived by some as the one's having caused the other."
So....I'm skeptical...... :idea:

HocusPocus
07-26-2006, 08:30 PM
i like to have a monster before driving out to havasu, never had any problems but then i only drink maybe 1 a month. it does perk me up :)

Jrocket
07-26-2006, 09:01 PM
When I first started working at WFS, one of the "perks" was case loads of free Monster. I had one the second day I worked there. Then, later that night, when I was still up fixing my toaster at 3AM, I decided those types of drinks probably weren't good for me.
I've got a broken dryer and a case of Monster's,when are ya available?

Coach
07-26-2006, 09:32 PM
This sounds like the Ephedrine type of strokes you would see with guys lifting weights. It happened to a few and next thing the pulled it from the market. There are a ton of supplements that effect everyone differently. I love the Lo-Carb Monsters. I am a big coffee drinker so they don't jack me up like it does others. It is very possible the combination of caffene and other suppliments caused the stroke. That sucks to hear.

OCMerrill
07-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Any people who have a history of a heart disorder.. or just something that has happened to them in the past.... like a rapid heart beat from out of no where.. or an upsurge/flush feeling.. especially after having an Energy drink containing any form of Caffeine and or sugar... should be careful!
I and my whole family have a history of "said" non life threatening heart episodes.. but.. link them in with certain herbs for body building.. or coffee or energy "rockstar" drinks.. and donuts.. or candy bars/chocolate.. it can put people into the hospital and also unfortunately we as in most people.. Just kind of put those little strange episodes off..
I am this very description. I have been in the Hospital for rapid heartbeat "Super Tach" a couple of times brought on by who knows what. Now that I know I am prone to this I stay away from all this stuff. No Caffeine. No Ice Cream, chocolate, etc.
So in a nut shell...one of those could do me in or at least ruin my day.
There is nothing like at 275 pulse rate at 3:30 am to get you day moving. :rolleyes:

unleashed
07-26-2006, 09:43 PM
I've been drinking a redbull/Hansens Energy drink for 4 years now every morning. Some might say Im a little hi-strung.....but Im not dead yet thank God...LOL!! Your freind sounds like he has an underlying problem and cafeine may be a no-no for him in the future!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Cas
07-26-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm Italian, grew up drinking wine at dinner and as I got older, I could hold my own with the best of them. Gin, vodka, bourbon, rum, never much cared for tequila and wasn't much of a beer drinker....we owned a liquor store.
On Thanksgiving 4 years ago my brother brought a bottle of wine over to go along with dinner...a real good Cabernet. He poured me a glass, maybe 6 oz or so. I don't think I drank more than 2 oz when my heart started racing, light headed, dizzy and hot flashes. It took about 20 minutes for it to pass and have had very little to drink since. When I do, I'll take a sip or 2 and if I get a little funny feeling, I stop. It's happened maybe 4 or 5 different times since.
The same thing happened to my Mom about 15 years ago when she had a few sips of a gin fizz at an Easter Brunch. We had to take her to the emergency room where she stayed for a couple of hours. We have never had any heart issues in our family but since the episode with my Mom, she's on blood pressure meds.
You just never know how something will affect your body at any given time.

Cs19
07-26-2006, 09:50 PM
I think it affects everyone different, but i know for damn sure my body does not like redbull and vodka, which is a damn shame cause its a really good drink..Ive had nights where Im TRYING to go to bed and it felt like my heart wanted to jump out of my chest, the hangovers are unusually brutal to go along with it.I had a few over the 4th and Im officailly DONE with redbull and vodka, something is not right about that drink.
Those energy drinks cant be healthy, your better off not drinking them at all, if caffine is a must coffee or diet coke does the trick.

cdog
07-26-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm a champ with the red bull vodka’s. My wife on the other hand has blacked out in my arms from that shit. It affects everyone differently. I just don't have as much fun drinking without the red bulls. She's limited to 1/2 a diet red bull.:220v: :220v: :220v:

Silver
07-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend, BUT I cant buy the ROCKSTAR theory....
Honestly, everything in moderation. But some people are sensitive to Ephedrine, or Ephedrine like products ( like higher doses of Caffine ) weither synthetically produced or naturally occuring. They are usually people with a diagnosed or undiagnosed heart related condition.
I find it hard to believe three sips.
Something was going wrong to begin with and maybe the ROCKSTAR exacerbated the pre-existing condition.
Just like everything else...moderation is the key. And, if you know you have a sensitivity to such things, stay clear of them. I experence rapid heart rate, so I don't really drink them. I can however have coffee. Everyone's bodies are completely different.
I hope with whatever is happening to him, he gets better. Best wishes to your friend to get well soon.

h2oski2fast
07-26-2006, 10:07 PM
Honestly, everything in moderation. But some people are sensitive to Ephedrine, or Ephedrine like products ( like higher doses of Caffine ) weither synthetically produced or naturally occuring. They are usually people with a diagnosed or undiagnosed heart related condition.
I find it hard to believe three sips.
Something was going wrong to begin with and maybe the ROCKSTAR exacerbated the pre-existing condition.
Just like everything else...moderation is the key. And, if you know you have a sensitivity to such things, stay clear of them. I experence rapid heart rate, so I don't really drink them. I can however have coffee. Everyone's bodies are completely different.
I hope with whatever is happening to him, he gets better. Best wishes to your friend to get well soon.
I believe that is the key right there.

Cas
07-26-2006, 10:13 PM
I believe that is the key right there.
not necessarily something wrong but he may have taken an allergy med, maybe a cold tab, aspirin, ibuprofin or maybe pepsi. Something contributed to what happened though.

Charley
07-26-2006, 11:38 PM
Some might say Im a little hi-strung.....
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:
:rollside: :cry: :cry: :rollside:

Hardly Satisfied
07-27-2006, 01:54 AM
that's just crazy

RitcheyRch
07-27-2006, 04:26 AM
Interesting. Am sure those drinks affect everyone differently.

Sportin' Wood
07-27-2006, 05:40 AM
Dr. Jeckle, and Mr. Hyde...... Thats Sportin' Wood on the Monster Vodka :220v:
It's like frickin crack to me. I love it, but have to stay away from it. I live a caffine free life so that stuff really packs a punch for me. One can and I'm trimming the lawn at 3:00 in the morning with a ruler and sissors. Hell I've even gone so far as walk the streets around the LA boat show searching out more Monster, yep its like Crack to me! Makes 3 or 4 days without sleep in Baja chasing Pflueger around no problem, He keeps us juiced up on the sponsored juice! :rollside: The withdraws suck (hangover) and I have experienced the heart pounding out of my chest stuff also. I still can't not have it now and then. MMSW knows she's in trouble if I drink more then half a can. :p

phebus
07-27-2006, 05:46 AM
Hell, with the move we've made, I'm drinking at least six a day, and haven't died yet.
If anyone is skeered, I'll take any they want to give away.

Sandbar Mike
07-27-2006, 05:54 AM
I'm a big fan of Grey Goose, Cran & Monster. One a night around 10:00 or so if I'm partying at the river. I was at Nautical a few weekends back, i ordered a Rockstar and Goose from the upstairs bar, Honestly it ruined my weekend, just felt like shit from that point on. It was either the rockstar or I caugh a flu bug. It may have just been the energy drink thing, but Monster never had that effect on me.

barbigrl
07-27-2006, 05:57 AM
This story sounds surprisingly like a lot of urban rumors....it's always "a good friend"....but there is no information that says the doctors actually blamed Rock Star for any of the illnesses except the "guy who had a stoke after drinking monster" and died.
There were similar internet rumors regarding Red Bull, but in fact, there is not one case of someone who died from drinking Red Bull (it only has about as much caffiene as a cup of coffee).
From Snopes.com regarding these Red Bull Internet rumors....
"Criticisms of the beverage primarily have to do with the amount of caffeine (equivalent to that found in a typical cup of coffee) and sugar (about 5 teaspoons per 250 ml can) contained in the brew. Caffeine is deadly when ingested in a massive dose, but the amount estimated to prove fatal is ten grams, which would require 125 cans of the drink. Disregarding the marketing hype, sugar is no better at giving energy than any other food or drink. The best fluids for rehydration contain just a pinch of salt and sugar, which makes Red Bull a highly unusual sports drink.
Despite whatever conclusions one might draw from the name, Red Bull contains no substances of animal origin. Even the taurine used in the formulation is synthetically produced.
Yet concern remains, fueled by misgivings about the drink's high concentrations of caffeine, a lurking gut feeling that large amounts of taurine might not be beneficial for folks, and suspicion that Red Bull somehow caused four deaths.
In 1991, the deaths of three people in Sweden who expired after drinking Red Bull were reported. Two of the deceased had mixed the drink with alcohol, the other downed it undiluted during rigorous exercise. No direct proof has yet emerged that demonstrates Red Bull is at fault in any of these deaths. In 1999, 18-year-old Irish basketball player Ross Cooney drank three Red Bulls before expiring on the court. The coroner attributed the young man's demise to thickened arteries and sudden adult death syndrome, yet due to guilt by association, his having had three cans of Red Bull just before his life ended is perceived by some as the one's having caused the other."
So....I'm skeptical...... :idea:
So I take it you where there when they were running tons of tests and gave him his prognosis?
Hey I love the stuff (especially the Juiced one :) ) and it has never affected me in anyway....I can even go to bed after drinking it!! Like I said before it affects peoples bodies in different ways this is just something that happened to a good friend of mine. I am sure all of you that disagree are using your advanced medical training expertise to form your opinions! :)
U know I love you all!! lol.... :)

2dasand
07-27-2006, 06:13 AM
I have a friend who used to drink a couple Red Bull's every day. After several months, he began have severe stomach problems. The doctors said the chemicals in the Red Bull were effectively making his stomach try to digest itself! They told him to never drink another one. He was violently sick for 2 or 3 weeks!

Jbb
07-27-2006, 06:20 AM
So I take it you where there when they were running tons of tests and gave him his prognosis?
I am sure all of you that disagree are using your advanced medical training expertise to form your opinions! :)
Grrrrr....get em Tigress...... :p
Barbi.....Mocking the haters......lol

THATJEFFGUY
07-27-2006, 07:01 AM
I drink about 4-5 of the low carb (blue can) Monster drinks a week..and I'm still kickin'. Ya think maybe my days are numbered ?? :skull: Hmm...maybe that's why my wife just doubled my life insurance policy ! :rolleyes:

havaduner
07-27-2006, 07:09 AM
Gonna have to agree with some of the other peeps on this one, your friend has some sort of a pre exisisting condition, the energy drink just exacerbated (sp) that condition.

Ziggy
07-27-2006, 07:19 AM
I love drawing images on the ground with my florescent pee :p
Redbull, RockStar, Monster....I like them all.......Usually the big can will last me two days at work....I take 3 sips at a time.
I'm not mocking your friends situation Mel, I'm glad he is ok. Seems each individual has a different reaction to the stuff and/or has an underlying issue it may exagerate

gqchris
07-27-2006, 07:20 AM
I agree with the pre-existing condition statements.
Since I was 16, I have stopped drinking caffeine, eating chocolate, and a few other things. I had an attack of rapid heart rate, SVT, and ended up going to hospital 4 times since then. I know now that one of those things would for sure put me over the edge! I always wanted one, but know that I am too sensitive. Even some cold medicine I have to watch out for. If I drink one soda, I am spun for the night. I always have palpitations, it sucks.
I know that I am sensitive to them and avoid them.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-27-2006, 07:20 AM
Jason drinks XTZ sodas, we call them Tweaker Teas, which are way stronger than Rockstars or Redbulls. He can drink several of them a day and is still alive and well. :220v: The first time I drank one, I stayed up all night and painted our bedroom. hahaha :) I am not a big caffeine drinker so when I do drink it, I get all cracked out.
Glad your friend is ok. Even if the Rockstar wasn't the cause of his problems, still makes me think twice about drinking those kinds of drinks. :boxed:

BoatFloating
07-27-2006, 07:25 AM
I hope your friend gets better...
But one thing I have to say is he takes 3 sips and ends up in hospital seems like a strech but so be it. So gets out of the hospital and has another sip and goes right back in to hospital.... This just add up. That stuff just kick in that fast...There is something else there not just a total of 4 sips...

Fast Freddy
07-27-2006, 07:26 AM
i tried one of those enrgy drinks one time. i think it was red bull or something like that. the side effects from that shit were bad. it made me all nervous and crazy in the head. i didn't like it all. i think i will just stick to free basing.

Dan Lorenze
07-27-2006, 07:27 AM
Those energy drink companies are laughing all the way to the bank.. 2 to 3 dollars everyday adds up quick for their sugar water. It's like the Starbucks theory.
We have unlimited amounts of Rockstar at work, after a while we've all kind of gotten sick of it. Diet Rockstar tastes like ass.... (carbonated ass) :)

doesitfloat?
07-27-2006, 07:49 AM
Based on this statement, you are exactly the type of person who "abuses the legal system".
You have no proof that the drink "almost killed your friend". It seems that the very first thing that everyone says is, "I'm going to sue". I, like many others here, believe that there is more to the story.
Besides, whatever happened to personal responsibility? Lately, I have been eating and drinking very poorly (fast food/pepsi). If I have a heart attack, should I sue for my clogged arteries? No, I made the decision to eat like sh!t. Your friend made the choice to drink that crap. If it was sold as a health food and approved by the FDA it's a different story. But, it's not...it's an energy drink i.e. loaded with caffeine and other stimulants.
BTW, it "attribute to..." not "contribute to..."
All in all, I am happy for you and your friend that he is better.

Froggystyle
07-27-2006, 07:53 AM
Trident is fueled for the most part on caffeine and enthusiasm. I was drinking a couple of Venti Mocha's from Sixbucks every day, one on the way in, one after lunch to combat the afternoon slowdown. I switched to Monsters for the summer and gun at least one of the 16 ounce cans of "Khaos", the orange juicy one every morning with breakfast. I too have no problem going to sleep afterwards. So easily so in fact that I have often wondered what the point is...
On the flip side of that... when I was 16 I was travelling in the Swiss/Italian alps on a cog railway. I was a little nervous anyway and had a cappuccino on the train. I then basically slipped into a quiet and disturbing panic attack and sat in the corner where I couldn't see the valley floor 2,000 feet below my rickety ass train trestle I was on. Circumstance brought that one on I think...
The next good circumstantial allergy/reaction I had was in Hell Week during SEAL training. It is no surprise that when you are up for 5 1/2 days straight, your body reacts to everything differently including allergies and such. One of my things was eating a lot of bananas for the potassium and the vitamins in them. I have eaten bananas my whole life, and basically survived boot camp and training for the teams on them. Portable, good for you etc...
Well, night four something snapped in my body. I was mowing through a couple of bananas and my mouth started to itch. Then it started to itch badly. Then my throat closed down. I started having a severe anaphylactic reaction to some component in the banana and needed a heavy duty Benadryl injection to open my throat back up. Ten minutes later I was back in the surf zone with the rest of my class. Very, very awake I might add.
From that minute on... not the day before, not the meal before I have been actually allergic to bananas. Throat get itchy, start to have a reaction allergic. Weird...

Cole Trickle
07-27-2006, 08:09 AM
I partake in the occasional Monster/Vodka.(I have had maybe 10 drinks in the past year)
I don't get the thumping heart feeling but I do feel like I can launch the boat without a truck.
I agree this stuff isn't good for you and if you need 3 cans to get through your day you need to work on sleeping a tad more;)
Next years river drink will be Yuban and Goose.(Pour 12 cups of goose into your coffe pot and add 6 scoops of coffee.Brew and then chill for a refreshing party cocktail that will keep you buzzed and awake all night :crossx: )

Windy
07-27-2006, 08:14 AM
One of the ER's here in the OC gives us {EMTS and Paramedics} energy drinks for free.
Working 24 hour shifts I drink a diet RockStar every day.
Glad your friend is ok Melissa.

Cas
07-27-2006, 08:15 AM
Next years river drink will be Yuban and Goose.(Pour 12 cups of goose into your coffe pot and add 6 scoops of coffee.Brew and then chill for a refreshing party cocktail that will keep you buzzed and awake all night :crossx: )
I think you can count Traci out on that particular drink but hey, maybe she can whip up a Monster Jello Shot :220v:
Froggy,
I think the banana thing was more the fear of phalic gagging than an allergic reaction.

topless
07-27-2006, 09:08 AM
I think you can count Traci out on that particular drink but hey, maybe she can whip up a Monster Jello Shot :220v:
Froggy,
I think the banana thing was more the fear of phalic gagging than an allergic reaction.
My daughter gets the same reaction to bananas and to avacados.
As far as 3 sips of Rockstar, I too agree that something else was going on and the Rockstar just triggered whatever else it was. Maybe he was shit ass drunk the night before and thought a rockstar would wake him up. Since I'm no medical professional, I could be wrong. None the less, I'm glad he's OK.

GrapeApe
07-27-2006, 09:48 AM
A few years ago I was with some friends at the Hard Rock, "Baby's Night Club" having a good time.. One of my Buddies won a bunch of $$$ at the Black Jack Tables, so he had the waitress bring a round of Mandarin Red Bulls every 5-10 Minutes.. I think I had about 15 of them.. I was a Wide Awake Drunk.. All you want to do is fall asleep at 7 in the morning, but my Heart was pounding out of my Chest. I stayed up for about 24 Hours, and Proceeded to lose my Ass at the Black Jack Table.. This happened on a Saturday night, and by Wednesday back at home my Heart was still sped up. I went to the ER and told the RN that I was in Vegas, Drinking RedBulls.. blah blah blah.. Well at that time they didn't really know about Red Bulls, and the Dangers.. The Dr. came in and said that I have a "Coke Problem" and I should just deal with it, and get into rehab!!! :jawdrop: :boxingguy I explained to him that I don't do drugs, and never have, that I think this was from to many Red Bulls.. I still don't think he believed me!!! It took a few more days, and I started to feel myself.. Now I don't drink more then 2 in 1 day...

HefeRaton
07-27-2006, 09:56 AM
That SUCKS!!! Red Bull & wodka is my favorite drink. That stuff makes me real happy and I don't get a hang over when I drink it.

RiverDave
07-27-2006, 10:19 AM
I made a quick trip to the river one time with a chick.. I had been up all night on friday and we left around 4 in the morning. Splashed the boat and never went to sleep.. Saturday around 3 or 4 in the morning I pulled the boat out of the water, and put it away.. There was no way in hell I was going to make the drive home so I stopped at circle K and bought energy drinks, and no doze.. I was popping those things like candy, and still falling asleep at the wheel.. A few hours later I swear I thought I was going to have a heart attack my heart was beating so fast. Dropper her off in OC, drove to san diego and didn't get to sleep until 6 or 7 in the evening the next day!! I'll have a vodka redull if someone buys one, but I sure don't make it a habbit to drink those things..
RD

HM
07-27-2006, 10:23 AM
This one time, at band camp, RD stuck a red bull up his puzzy.

BajaMike
07-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Hey I love the stuff (especially the Juiced one :) ) and it has never affected me in anyway....I can even go to bed after drinking it!! Like I said before it affects peoples bodies in different ways this is just something that happened to a good friend of mine. I am sure all of you that disagree are using your advanced medical training expertise to form your opinions! :)
Well, I do have those chest pains every time I drink a Rockstar....but I thought it was just too much sex with young girls..... :idea: Yea.....in my dreams.... :cry: :D
:cool:

Froggystyle
07-27-2006, 10:59 AM
During the infamous "Dahm Triplet" weekend at Havasu a couple of years ago, we were hauling around the girls and the TV crew all day and I wasn't drinking alcohol at all. I was worried about the crowd, driving the boat etc... In any case, I had cooked through all of the water in the boat by about 7 or so at night. People had been giving us shwag all day for the girls to promote, and one of them was a couple flats (24 cans) of Hansens fruit juice cans. Well, as the day wore into evening, we dropped the girls off to clean up and get ready for the evening and jumped on cleaning up the boat. Then we got the girls again, pulled up to Kokomos in the boat and hit it up for an hour or so. After we all got back in the boat, I was still driving but we were clearly going to be partying for a while in the boat while cruising the channel and out into Thompsons Bay with the whole crew. Total blast. My buddy Dave and I were looking for something to drink, but the water was gone so we started working on the "juices" which tasted good.
Fast forward four hours. We had cleaned the boat twice, walked down to Denny's from the hotel, gone back to the hotel, got yelled at by the girls for watching TV at 4:00 in the morning and found ourselves with "Hawaii Five-O" on, no volume and we were making up our own dialogue. Turns out those were Hansen's early energy drinks, and we cleaned 18 cans out of the boat. To the best of our knowledge, nobody else was drinking them. I know I drank eight for sure.
Rough day the next day for being sober all night.

Ziggy
07-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Lets see :idea: , if we put some Rockstar in a 25' openbow gastank do you think it'll smoke a Cig ? :p

Screemy1
07-27-2006, 11:42 AM
I drink about 4-5 of the low carb (blue can) Monster drinks a week..and I'm still kickin'. Ya think maybe my days are numbered ?? :skull: Hmm...maybe that's why my wife just doubled my life insurance policy ! :rolleyes:
hey I drink the blus monsters too, and my wife just doubled our life insurance polices too..... hmmm and she hates energy drinks..... maybe she double hers just to cover up the fact I am going to die soon.... oh well... back to the fridge my can is empty and I need to start my third monster for the day :)

Dan Lorenze
07-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Lets see :idea: , if we put some Rockstar in a 25' openbow gastank do you think it'll smoke a Cig ? :p
Only if it were a Nordic...

RAMROD
07-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Based on this statement, you are exactly the type of person who "abuses the legal system".
You have no proof that the drink "almost killed your friend". It seems that the very first thing that everyone says is, "I'm going to sue". I, like many others here, believe that there is more to the story.
Besides, whatever happened to personal responsibility? Lately, I have been eating and drinking very poorly (fast food/pepsi). If I have a heart attack, should I sue for my clogged arteries? No, I made the decision to eat like sh!t. Your friend made the choice to drink that crap. If it was sold as a health food and approved by the FDA it's a different story. But, it's not...it's an energy drink i.e. loaded with caffeine and other stimulants.
Isn't she a paralegal at a law firm?

RAMROD
07-27-2006, 12:30 PM
I wonder if those 2 to 4 Red Bulls a day for the past year is why my gums are sore and bleeding for the past two weeks? I also drink about 4 sugar filled 64oz iced teas everyday too.

WYRD
07-27-2006, 12:33 PM
I hear ya BG one time a group of us were in Havasu having a party, I tell ya there was hookers, blow, and red bull for everybody. Oh sure it started out with a drink with every line but by the end of the night we were snorting up rails as long as the transcontinental railroad off of those hookers chests and washing it down with red bull right outta the can. Man my heart was really pounding that night, I mustta drank too much red bull, true it coulda been the drugs or the orgy with the hookers but I really believe It was the red bull :idea:
Sorry about your friend Mel but I really think there is more than just a couple of sips of rockstar to blame here, especially if he has drank it before.(like diabietes, heart problems, drug use or any number of pre-existing conditions) Bear in mind this is only my assumption looking from the outside in, I spent several years as a ACLS paramedic and never heard of one drink causing such extreme effects.

RAMROD
07-27-2006, 12:36 PM
I hear ya BG one time a group of us were in Havasu having a party, I tell ya there was hookers, blow, and red bull for everybody. Oh sure it started out with a drink with every line but by the end of the night we were snorting up rails as long as the transcontinental railroad off of those hookers chests and washing it down with red bull right outta the can. Man my heart was really pounding that night, I mustta drank too much red bull, true it coulda been the drugs or the orgy with the hookers but I really believe It was the red bull :idea:
Sorry about your friend Mel but I really think there is more than just a couple of sips of rockstar to blame here, especially if he has drank it before.(like diabietes, heart problems, drug use or any number of pre-existing conditions) Bear in mind this is only my assumption looking from the outside in, I spent several years as a ACLS paramedic and never heard of one drink causing such extreme effects.
At least it wasn't the drugs!

ViB
07-27-2006, 12:43 PM
so, I'm sitting here drinking a Blue Monster, needed one to get all the way through this thread... j/k

doesitfloat?
07-27-2006, 12:52 PM
During the infamous "Dahm Triplet" weekend at Havasu a couple of years ago, we were hauling around the girls and the TV crew all day and I wasn't drinking alcohol at all. I was worried about the crowd, driving the boat etc... In any case, I had cooked through all of the water in the boat by about 7 or so at night. People had been giving us shwag all day for the girls to promote, and one of them was a couple flats (24 cans) of Hansens fruit juice cans. Well, as the day wore into evening, we dropped the girls off to clean up and get ready for the evening and jumped on cleaning up the boat. Then we got the girls again, pulled up to Kokomos in the boat and hit it up for an hour or so. After we all got back in the boat, I was still driving but we were clearly going to be partying for a while in the boat while cruising the channel and out into Thompsons Bay with the whole crew. Total blast. My buddy Dave and I were looking for something to drink, but the water was gone so we started working on the "juices" which tasted good.
Fast forward four hours. We had cleaned the boat twice, walked down to Denny's from the hotel, gone back to the hotel, got yelled at by the girls for watching TV at 4:00 in the morning and found ourselves with "Hawaii Five-O" on, no volume and we were making up our own dialogue. Turns out those were Hansen's early energy drinks, and we cleaned 18 cans out of the boat. To the best of our knowledge, nobody else was drinking them. I know I drank eight for sure.
That's friggen hilarious!!

NOTALENT
07-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Your all alcoholics!!! :crossx: :p

pixilatedpussy
07-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Poor Mel's friend is not doing well.....whether or not it is from the dumb Energy Drink....set it aside, she was just trying to pass the info along. Why does everything have to turn into a pissing match??? LOL...oh yah..its HB! :rolleyes:
Hope everything is ok Melissa. :p :p

NOTALENT
07-27-2006, 12:59 PM
Poor Mel's friend is not doing well.....whether or not it is from the dumb Energy Drink....set it aside, she was just trying to pass the info along. Why does everything have to turn into a pissing match??? LOL...oh yah..its HB! :rolleyes:
Be quiet and dance for me!!!! :crossx: :p did I just type that..... :D ok yes I did... :devil:
How u doin? :rollside:

doesitfloat?
07-27-2006, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE=WhosYoRiverDaddy] Man my heart was really pounding that night, I mustta drank too much red bull, true it coulda been the drugs or the orgy with the hookers but I really believe It was the red bull :idea:
QUOTE]
Kind of like the crane that recently fell off of a bridge and into the lake bed below (it was lowering some construction equipment down).
The reporter asked the crane company official what caused the fall? Was it improper outrigging? Was the crane over loaded? Was it operator error?
The official, obviously not wanting to cop to the real cause, simply replied, "Gravity" :idea:

pixilatedpussy
07-27-2006, 01:01 PM
Be quiet and dance for me!!!! :crossx: :p did I just type that..... :D ok yes I did... :devil:
How u doin? :rollside:
LOL! Ummm................OK! :220v: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: Hi hunn...Im doing well! How bout you?

doesitfloat?
07-27-2006, 01:05 PM
It becomes a pissing match when she titles a thread, "Rockstar almost kills my friend".
Then, more piss gets involved when she, like almost everyone these days, says, "...sue the fock out of them".
Again, I hope her friend is healthy, but that doesn't excuse her knee jerk reactions...

pixilatedpussy
07-27-2006, 01:07 PM
It becomes a pissing match when she titles a thread, "Rockstar almost kills my friend".
Then, more piss gets involved when she, like almost everyone these days, says, "...sue the fock out of them".
Again, I hope her friend is healthy, but that doesn't excuse her knee jerk reactions...
So what??? Who are you & why do you care??? This is exactly my point. Unless you are the owner of Rockstar...................WHO CARES????????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WYRD
07-27-2006, 01:12 PM
So what??? Who are you & why do you care??? This is exactly my point. Unless you are the owner of Rockstar...................WHO CARES????????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Sorry T but I disagree here, when you see someone leave there trash on the beach in the channel you care right? You do not own the channel so why......because youre the type of person that cares about making your surroundings better. Same here, Sueing for no legitimate reason ties up public funding and public time, costs every one of us money in high insurance, taxes, workmans comp, ect. as a fellow business owner you should be more aware of that.

NOTALENT
07-27-2006, 01:15 PM
LOL! Ummm................OK! :220v: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: Hi hunn...Im doing well! How bout you?
Grrrrr baby Grrr!! :crossx: I have been fan freakin tastic!!! :D About time to hit the zoo again though...its been forever!!! :cry:

pixilatedpussy
07-27-2006, 01:17 PM
Sorry T but I disagree here, when you see someone leave there trash on the beach in the channel you care right? You do not own the channel so why......because youre the type of person that cares about making your surroundings better. Same here, Sueing for no legitimate reason ties up public funding and public time, costs every one of us money in high insurance, taxes, workmans comp, ect. as a fellow business owner you should be more aware of that.
Ummm.............hello...Shane is this thing on??? :220v: No one is sueing. Am I just missing something?? :idea: :cry:
As for garbage...yes I care...thats why I dont litter. :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
07-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Grrrrr baby Grrr!! :crossx: I have been fan freakin tastic!!! :D About time to hit the zoo again though...its been forever!!! :cry:
Good to hear! Im ready for the river also! :220v: :cry:

WYRD
07-27-2006, 01:32 PM
Ummm.............hello...Shane is this thing on??? :220v: No one is sueing. Am I just missing something?? :idea: :cry:
As for garbage...yes I care...thats why I dont litter. :rollside:
I think BG made the comment that he should sue, so I think others are just stating they disagree with her thoughts. I am being very sarcastic in my post and making the statement that I think it was more than the rockstar that caused her friend to have the condition BG has described. My opinion that’s all.

gmocnik
07-27-2006, 01:49 PM
now thats funny right there....
made the same mistake but it was the kids who were downing the hansons all day. could not figure out why they were bouncing off the gunnels all day until i read the cans...

doesitfloat?
07-27-2006, 02:26 PM
What, do I need to have 10 posts a day to make a comment? Sorry, I only make posts that have some thought, good or bad, behind them (not aimed at you btw)
Her comment was "...he should sue the fock out of them"
Doesn't it bug you that everyone screams, "I'm going to sue" at the drop of a hat?
"My daughter didn't make the cheer leading squad...I'm suing the school district!"
"My coffee's too hot and I spilled it...I'm suing!"
"My son died while "teak surfing" behind my boat...I'm suing"
I am a small contractor and this frivolous lawsuit mentality is a big threat to me. One long, protracted, unwarranted lawsuit could bankrupt me regardless of fault.
No one ever accepts personal responsibility anymore AND WE ALL ARE PAYING FOR THAT!

doesitfloat?
07-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Right on, WYRD.
At least someone gets it. Thanks.

pixilatedpussy
07-27-2006, 02:54 PM
What, do I need to have 10 posts a day to make a comment? Sorry, I only make posts that have some thought, good or bad, behind them (not aimed at you btw)
Doesn't it bug you that everyone screams, "I'm going to sue" at the drop of a hat?
"My daughter didn't make the cheer leading squad...I'm suing the school district!"
I am a small contractor and this frivolous lawsuit mentality is a big threat to me. One long, protracted, unwarranted lawsuit could bankrupt me regardless of fault.
No one ever accepts personal responsibility anymore AND WE ALL ARE PAYING FOR THAT!
Oops my bad! She is just talking out of fear I assume. I agree no lawsuit necessary...continue on! Guess I need to put my glasses on! :220v:

Cas
07-27-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm a small contractor myself so I'm sueing you for making sense....I need some gas money.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-27-2006, 02:56 PM
I'm a small contractor myself so I'm sueing you for making sense....I need some gas money.
And I am sueing you for making me laugh and spitting water on my monitor. :rollside:

Cas
07-27-2006, 03:01 PM
And I am sueing you for making me laugh and spitting water on my monitor. :rollside:
probably needed cleaning anyway :D oh and hey, good thing it you weren't drinking a Rockstar. With all that extra energy, you just might have blown your mouse away :)

doesitfloat?
07-27-2006, 03:07 PM
lol, yeah, we can't make too much sense around here or there might be a riot!
I'm sending $5 to PayPal right now...ENJOY (your gallon) :rollside:

doesitfloat?
07-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Oops my bad! She is just talking out of fear I assume. I agree no lawsuit necessary...continue on! Guess I need to put my glasses on! :220v:
Cheers, PIX! :)

Cas
07-27-2006, 03:15 PM
lol, yeah, we can't make too much sense around here or there might be a riot!
I'm sending $5 to PayPal right now...ENJOY (your gallon) :rollside:
thanks! I like easy settlements

Bense468
07-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Can you jump to any more conclusion then jumping on a forum and saying rockstar almost killed my friend and that the hospital see's this all the time...
I talked to my brother, who works in Pomona ER and he said he has heard of energy drinks being bad for you but on the news, tv, etc...HE has never seen an incident at the hospital, or even heard of one. YET this person's hospital see's it all the time. (I am not saying it can't happen, but I think there is more to it)
I can tell you once I was up in Vancouver and drank what seemed like 30 of those monster vodka's because they were doing some special. They didn't have very much vodka, so we had to up the quanities. Fast forward to 4 in the morning and trying to get back to our hotel, walking down granville street trying to get a cab...i felt like I was having a serious heart attack. Who knows maybe I did. I pulled out of it and wrote it off as (well I shouldn't of drank 30 monster vodka's). Sitting in a meeting for 8 hours the next day looking at my boss sucked.

lawbreaker2
07-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Well, I just found this, and I just got done downing my third monster today, :rolleyes: I have been drinking them for a year now three a day, Helps me say up driving acrossed country evey week :D I leave cleveland, ohio and Take a nap in Okie city,OK and then on to flag for another nap, about six hour each time, and then on into L.A. the nexy day. Now three a day plus I drink about a 12 pak of pepsi to, Yes I know not good, And I'm trying to Quit, But lately I have been feeling, not so good when I go to sleep, I fell like someone is sitting on ny chest, and a fluddering feeling, I told my wife I have not been feeling so good. I did not put two and two together but I'm going to have to keep a eye out for what and How I drink this stuff and see what happens. :cry: I need my energy drink to get me thru the night. :cry:

RAMROD
07-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Well, I just found this, and I just got done downing my third monster today, :rolleyes: I have been drinking them for a year now three a day, Helps me say up driving acrossed country evey week :D I leave cleveland, ohio and Take a nap in Okie city,OK and then on to flag for another nap, about six hour each time, and then on into L.A. the nexy day. Now three a day plus I drink about a 12 pak of pepsi to, Yes I know not good, And I'm trying to Quit, But lately I have been feeling, not so good when I go to sleep, I fell like someone is sitting on ny chest, and a fluddering feeling, I told my wife I have not been feeling so good. I did not put two and two together but I'm going to have to keep a eye out for what and How I drink this stuff and see what happens. :cry: I need my energy drink to get me thru the night. :cry:
I feel kind of tired and run down all the time. Maybe it's too many Red Bulls or tea?

lawbreaker2
07-27-2006, 04:11 PM
I feel that way all the time till I get my drink in me.

mondorally
07-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Helps me say up driving acrossed country evey week :D I leave cleveland, ohio and Take a nap in Okie city,OK and then on to flag for another nap, about six hour each time, and then on into L.A. the nexy day.
You're not the driver from Vanishing Point by chance? I didn't think he survived the crash!
-Justin

Cas
07-27-2006, 04:23 PM
speed in a can, go figure

MBlaster
07-27-2006, 04:34 PM
I prefer the Sobie energy drinks.
I'll usually have one at work maybe 4 times a week.

maxwedge
07-27-2006, 04:53 PM
I just drank a 64 ounce "Mega Chill" Dr. Pepper from the gas station on my way home from work today. Worked outside building a deck all day in 90 degree heat and I was thirsty as hell. Anyway, I'm probably a little dehydrated and it looks like there might be a thunderstorm rolling in soon. I'm going jogging. I figure between the dehydration, the caffiene and the lightning, the odds may not be in my favor...obviously the Dr Pepper has clouded my judgement. So if Im not back in an hour or so you all have my permission to sue Dr Pepper, and the Mobil gas station that sold it, on my behalf and then you can all go buy yourselves new Boats. :D

Fast Freddy
07-27-2006, 06:12 PM
what happened to your ozzy avatar? that was the best ever

maxwedge
07-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Dammitt I'm still alive! :mad:

barbigrl
07-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Number one....You don't know SHIT about me! I have worked in the legal field half my adult life and have seen more then you would care to know as far as legal matters are concerned.....I am actually the LAST person to suggest suing! However, when something like this happens to a good person and someone you care about.....your emotions run high! comprende?

barbigrl
07-27-2006, 06:55 PM
OMG you had me ROLLIN!!! LOL....... I am sure it was contributed to something he might already has and have not discovered yet....who the heck knows.... I just thought I would warn people that there are side affects to SOME people...... He is one of the nicest people I have ever met, and it made me sad to hear what he went through. :(

Jbb
07-27-2006, 06:56 PM
Look at barbigirl, all slinging the espanol and shit.
She seems to be somewhat.....tense...... :p

barbigrl
07-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Look at barbigirl, all slinging the espanol and shit.
hahaha...I am part beaner ya know.......relatives in Mexico City... lol....
So tell me Bob what would you do if something like this happened to one of your kids??? Would you just sit back and say.....ahhhhh oh well.... Probably not!! I love the self rightous ones!! lol.....

barbigrl
07-27-2006, 07:01 PM
She seems to be somewhat.....tense...... :p
I am PMS'ing!! hahaa...
I am not on HB all that much these days so I got to get all me agression out when I am!!! :)

doesitfloat?
07-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Number one....You don't know SHIT about me! I have worked in the legal field half my adult life and have seen more then you would care to know as far as legal matters are concerned.....I am actually the LAST person to suggest suing! However, when something like this happens to a good person and someone you care about.....your emotions run high! comprende?
Number one: That's why I said "Based on this statement". You should know what that means (I wasn't attacking you as a whole just that statement)
Number two: Legal field half your adult life..so that's like, what, 3-4 years? BFD!
Number three: I do understand about emotions running high when stuff like this happens to one's you love or care about and I would put my personal losses up against anyone's. But you will never hear me just carte blanche say, "let's sue" out of emotion let alone blame a large company for my friend's near death without absolute certainty or proof on a large website. But you understand that with all your legal experience, comprende?
"A good lawyer never get's emotional..."

barbigrl
07-27-2006, 07:33 PM
Number one: That's why I said "Based on this statement". You should know what that means (I wasn't attacking you as a whole just that statement)
Number two: Legal field half your adult life..so that's like, what, 3-4 years? BFD!
Number three: I do understand about emotions running high when stuff like this happens to one's you love or care about and I would put my personal losses up against anyone's. But you will never hear me just carte blanche say, "let's sue" out of emotion let alone blame a large company for my friend's near death without absolute certainty or proof on a large website. But you understand that with all your legal experience, comprende?
"A good lawyer never get's emotional..."
Number one: Never said you were attacking me....
Number two: More then that I hate to admit....ok like 6!! hahaa
Number three: a large website...please, its just ***boat :rolleyes: lol....
lighten up....again I am the last person to ever suggest suing.... A lot of lawyers do get emotional.....you'll just never see it!!! :)

Her454
07-27-2006, 07:39 PM
Ok since we are on the subject..... anyone drink RedLine? That stuff is straight SPEED in a can. I cant imagine that being good for anyone. I drank half of one and felt like my heart was gonna jump right out of my chest. :cry:

doesitfloat?
07-27-2006, 07:41 PM
Number one: Never said you were attacking me....
Number two: More then that I hate to admit....ok like 6!! hahaa
Number three: a large website...please, its just ***boat :rolleyes: lol....
lighten up....again I am the last person to ever suggest suing.... A lot of lawyers do get emotional.....you'll just never see it!!! :)
You're supposed to come back at me with something viscious and personal...how can we carry on a time consuming and immature pissing match with pleasant responses like that? :rollside:
Again, I wish the best for your friend.

barbigrl
07-27-2006, 07:43 PM
You're supposed to come back at me with something viscious and personal...how can we carry on a time consuming and immature pissing match with pleasant responses like that? :rollside:
Again, I wish the best for your friend.
hahaha.....true....give me some time, I will think of something!! (I am not too good at being a bitch anymore... :) )

Devil's Advocate
07-27-2006, 08:22 PM
I'll just stick to good ole cocaine and crack... :crossx:

lawbreaker2
07-27-2006, 08:48 PM
Hey I'm just glad someone told us to keep a eye out for your self, It does make you think, I mean I never thought to put 2 and 2 together. I just know I can get to where I have to be Awake. :idea: I use to drink alot of coffee to get me there, But I spend to much time on the side of the road pissing. :D

sorry dog
07-27-2006, 08:49 PM
I think Rockstar tastes like shit.
Hair of the Dog ain't half bad...
but it's still hard to to beat your normal nutricious drink like a Mai Tai with 5mg of adderall for a good clubbing mix. Even better... is that it's quite cheaper too.

Trailer Park Casanova
07-27-2006, 08:52 PM
La Bomba, came in a hand grenade shaped can, with a pin and a spoon (handle to civilians),, has been removed from shelves.
It's claimed a kid died from it, so maybe something to Missies friend.
It really amp'd ya up.

Ziggy
07-27-2006, 09:13 PM
Ok since we are on the subject..... anyone drink RedLine? That stuff is straight SPEED in a can. I cant imagine that being good for anyone. I drank half of one and felt like my heart was gonna jump right out of my chest. :cry:
So your chest just heaved? :idea: :)

centerhill condor
07-28-2006, 08:52 AM
sensitized....to make somebody sensitive, especially to a situation..to induce undue sensitivity in somebody to a particular substance such as a food ingredient or drug so that subsequent exposure to the substance triggers an allergic reaction...
your buddy has been sensitized...maybe.
I had a "buddy" that smoked sooo much "herb" he required treatment for smoke inhalation... fortunately he recoverd well!

Dan Lorenze
07-28-2006, 09:11 AM
I'll just stick to good ole cocaine and crack... :crossx:
No shit..... :D LOL..

AzLakeLizard
07-28-2006, 09:21 AM
I agree with the pre-existing condition statements.
Since I was 16, I have stopped drinking caffeine, eating chocolate, and a few other things. I had an attack of rapid heart rate, SVT, and ended up going to hospital 4 times since then. I know now that one of those things would for sure put me over the edge! I always wanted one, but know that I am too sensitive. Even some cold medicine I have to watch out for. If I drink one soda, I am spun for the night. I always have palpitations, it sucks.
I know that I am sensitive to them and avoid them.
Yep! I can have one cup of coffee in the morning.. but only now that I am being medicated for my wonderful racing fluttering heart.. they have me on beta-blockers, so obviously an energy drink like Rockstar or Red bull would be a very poor choice on my part unless I want to spend the night in the ER trying to stabilize my heart rate. Cold meds are another one I get to watch out for. .. try really hard to stay healthy that way! :p

Bense468
07-28-2006, 09:43 AM
anyone down for some gaggers