PDA

View Full Version : Got a wierd letter in the mail today

HatenWinter
07-26-2006, 07:19 PM
We got a strange letter the mail today. It was written on yellow lined paper and looked like it was written by a child. It was from a woman in Lake Havasu stating that she wants to purchase my house out there. It was addressed to my trust which the house is in and sent to here to California. Is this info on public record??? Has anyone else gotten something like this??? I'm going to call her tomorrow and find out what this is all about but it's seems really odd!

GrapeApe
07-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Yes that info would be Public Record..
*** Grape Ape ***

GunninGopher
07-26-2006, 07:30 PM
Heck yeah it public record.
All the assessor's information is including the assessed value, lot size, house footage, property address, owner's address, beds, bath, on and on, even mortgage information is available.

DEEZ NUTTS
07-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Public record. I make calls if I can get a number. Kinda weird to call and ask people to sell their land but it beats waiting for a response from a letter.

Mrs.Racer277
07-26-2006, 07:38 PM
We got a strange letter the mail today. It was written on yellow lined paper and looked like it was written by a child. It was from a woman in Lake Havasu stating that she wants to purchase my house out there. It was addressed to my trust which the house is in and sent to here to California. Is this info on public record??? Has anyone else gotten something like this??? I'm going to call her tomorrow and find out what this is all about but it's seems really odd!
We have received a few of those. :yuk: Same thing though, yellow paper, terrible writing.
We do not have mail in Havi so they come here to our home addy.

HatenWinter
07-26-2006, 07:40 PM
Thats what I thought, but the way it was sent on the lined paper and all was strange. Seems like alot of trouble to go through to try and buy a house that isn't even for sale....

HavasuHome
07-26-2006, 07:57 PM
We got the same letter. I asked a friend of mine who has a mortgage company in Havasu about it and she knew right away who it was. It is a local realtor and she does have young people send them out for her.

TrojanDan
07-26-2006, 08:00 PM
Thats what I thought, but the way it was sent on the lined paper and all was strange. Seems like alot of trouble to go through to try and buy a house that isn't even for sale....
I did a property search on the vacant parcel I purchased back in Feb '02. I wrote the owner a handwritten letter and he responded the same day he received it. He hadn't been out to Havasu since he purchased it in 1988. Sold it to me after a 5 minute conversation and no, it wasn't listed for sale. Timing is everything. :cool:

HatenWinter
07-26-2006, 08:15 PM
I feel better knowing some others got the same one, you would think she could at least type a letter up on the computer and make it look professional.

DeeCandyBar
07-26-2006, 08:54 PM
offering to buy houses before they hit the market makes a lot of sense for a savvy buyer. there are many homeowners now facing the prospect of foreclosure. sending unsolicited letters to homeowners may enable the prospective buyer to buy a house at a very attractive price while helping the homeowner get out before foreclosure.

moneypit
07-26-2006, 09:00 PM
sorry if the yellow paper bothers you. :p

TrojanDan
07-26-2006, 09:31 PM
you would think she could at least type a letter up on the computer and make it look professional.
Typing a letter seemed too impersonal. I get about a dozen typed "form" letters a year to purchase my house. They go straight to the round file. A handwritten letter will at least get my attention. Different strokes for different folks. :cool:

HatenWinter
07-27-2006, 12:26 PM
sorry if the yellow paper bothers you. :p
I hate yellow paper!!! :D :D :D