View Full Version : Places to go on Sac river

sleekcraft78
07-27-2006, 06:52 AM
I'd like to go to the river this weekend but has never been. I'm comming from Placerville, so where are the best places? What should I look out for? Are there any nice sandbars?

MOBrien
07-27-2006, 06:57 AM
the place to anchor and hang out is just up the American River about 1/4-1/2 mile (all 5mph zone) around Discovery Park....I assume you're launching there. There is a pretty good beach on the east side of the river just passed the marinas that are north of Chevy's.....which is also north of Discovery Park.
Have fun.

Detail-Man
07-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Theres Crowdads, The Sturgion, Old Town , and farther up north is Alamar, which is a nice liitle place. Bottom line is there is 100 times more things to do on the river then Folsom Lake.

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
07-28-2006, 04:22 PM
On the river by alamar is a place called swabbie's. it is right before the alamar on the river, the dock is kind of run down looking but once you walk up to bar and talk to mic(girl) you will like this place. I might be on sacramento river in the redneck without scull&cross bones.On the american river there will be the dingy poker run up to paridise beach on saturday and hotdogs about 5 @potluck beach. BIGJOE :crossx: :skull: :crossx:

acatitude
07-28-2006, 04:51 PM
your in the dingy race???? and hot dogs???? i wanta go lol