PDA

View Full Version : Miami Vice Starts Today

Eliminator 4 Life
07-28-2006, 06:36 AM
Anyone going to go see it. Im gonna go at 1230 today to see it. I cant wait to see all the boat action. Ill let you know how it was. :)

caroftheweek
07-28-2006, 06:41 AM
i just purchased seasons 1 & 2 on DVD yesterday from costco. i love that show.

rodnjen
07-28-2006, 07:25 AM
Already have a babysitter for tomorrow night, going to catch and early show then hit the Slidebar in Fullerton.

Beer-30
07-28-2006, 07:27 AM
Gonna try to see it either tomorrow or Sunday.
Don't ruin it for me!

kidstuf
07-28-2006, 07:28 AM
From what I've heard, they ended up cutting out most of the boating scenes. :frown:

Beer-30
07-28-2006, 07:35 AM
From what I've heard, they ended up cutting out most of the boating scenes. :frown:
Bummer, but I am in it for the flying scenes, also. It's all good.

Daytona100
07-28-2006, 07:39 AM
Heard its a pretty good movie. Scott Foundis just reviewed it on Mark & Brian and he liked it. :rollside:

INSman
07-28-2006, 07:40 AM
Channel 5 just reviewed it, only so-so but I am still gonna' go see it :cool:

NOTALENT
07-28-2006, 07:42 AM
I plan on it...looks bitchen!!! :rollside:

Jyruiz
07-28-2006, 07:44 AM
I will wait for the DVD.

Tom Slick
07-28-2006, 07:45 AM
Got this from another site:
"Last night was the big primere of Miami Vice. Some of us that had our boats used in the movie were invited. Before the movie started Michael Mann went to the stage to say a few words. He started by saying what a wonderful city Miami is, Blah blah blah. Then he said how he had to make some of the most difficult decisions of his career. He said after a lot of work and effort by a lot of people, he regretted to say all of the boat race scenes were chopped from the movie. He said it was some of the best footage they had and it was some of the most time consuming filming of the whole move. 2.7 million dollars in the toilet. The only race boat scene in the whole movie is Jamie fox getting into the MTI and taking the girl to Cuba for lunch. Thats it!.
All of the 100 degree days waiting for filming to start was a waste of time. All the months of waiting for the movie to come out and this is what they do to it.
If you want to see a movie with a lot of shoot out scenes like every other movie, this is it. If you want to see a movie with cool boat scenes, forget it!!! I'm so disapointed.
He did say however, some of the footage will be at the end of the movie on the DVD only."

Hardly Satisfied
07-28-2006, 07:59 AM
no biggie

Eliminator 4 Life
07-28-2006, 08:22 AM
Aww Brandie dont rain on my parade :) . Let me know if you got any buyers for my eagle to :cool:

Eliminator 4 Life
07-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Got this from another site:
"Last night was the big primere of Miami Vice. Some of us that had our boats used in the movie were invited. Before the movie started Michael Mann went to the stage to say a few words. He started by saying what a wonderful city Miami is, Blah blah blah. Then he said how he had to make some of the most difficult decisions of his career. He said after a lot of work and effort by a lot of people, he regretted to say all of the boat race scenes were chopped from the movie. He said it was some of the best footage they had and it was some of the most time consuming filming of the whole move. 2.7 million dollars in the toilet. The only race boat scene in the whole movie is Jamie fox getting into the MTI and taking the girl to Cuba for lunch. Thats it!.
All of the 100 degree days waiting for filming to start was a waste of time. All the months of waiting for the movie to come out and this is what they do to it.
If you want to see a movie with a lot of shoot out scenes like every other movie, this is it. If you want to see a movie with cool boat scenes, forget it!!! I'm so disapointed.
He did say however, some of the footage will be at the end of the movie on the DVD only."
Well this sucks a big one... Guess you will have to make a pegged 2 :)

Jyruiz
07-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Aww Brandie dont rain on my parade :) . Let me know if you got any buyers for my eagle to :cool:
What are details on your boat and what are you asking, migth know somebody at work who might be interested.

HocusPocus
07-28-2006, 08:27 AM
i liked the original series but im a little tired of old TV shows being made into movies. i will sit this one out and maybe catch it on DVD.

a catered life
07-28-2006, 08:28 AM
i'm going sunday dont cars about the boat scenes missing they didnt use a eliminator anyway :p
and ps elim4life i'm still waiting on those stickers :p

Beer-30
07-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Let me know if you got any buyers for my eagle to :cool:
Ok. What's next?
280XP?
300XP?

centerhill condor
07-28-2006, 09:05 AM
yea, I think we should make our own boat race scenes! $1/2M boat would help things along a bit!

Eliminator 4 Life
07-28-2006, 10:34 AM
Ok. What's next?
280XP?
300XP?
Well I dont know yet but possibly the new 30 deck boat :) :cool:

Beer-30
07-28-2006, 10:45 AM
Post or PM a price figure, in case I bump into someone wanting the boat.

WILDERTHANU
07-28-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm going tonight... should be good. If not... oh well. It will never touch the show, that I already know. That shit will never happen again.

Eliminator 4 Life
07-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Well I saw the movie. I thought it was great there was more then one boat scene not a lot of scenes but a couple I really enjoyed the movie lots of action and when the dvd comes out I will buy it. I would say go check it out......