PDA

View Full Version : It's coming up time

roostwear
07-28-2006, 08:10 AM
to start thinking about redoing the interior. The pump is done, the engine will be ready to reassemble in a week or so, so now I'm turning my efforts to what colors for the interior. I want to keep the original style seating with the old style panels (tuck and roll in a rounded center panel), but since I have no idea what the original colors were, I could use some feedback. At this point, I'm thinking a medium brown for the carpet and outer portions of the seat panels, with a medium cream colored tuck and roll for the inserts.
Anyone have any other suggestions or color schemes?
http://www.roostwear.com/stevens/69stevens23.jpg

dmontzsta
07-28-2006, 08:48 AM
You cant go wrong with black. Look at rrrr's interior, similar set up. His looks like new and it is original from 68?

roostwear
07-28-2006, 08:55 AM
I saw that.... cool interior (well, cool LOOKING). It would tie in with the engine being painted black now, I'm just a little leary of how hot the seats will be in the sun. :2purples: This won't have a bimini, and although I sometimes throw towels on the seats of the Advantage, I would like to not HAVE to. Don't know if brown would be a whole lot better though....

Dogballs
07-28-2006, 09:00 AM
Id say all black with a diamond pattern stiching or all white with fat tuck and roll with some gold piping. Looks like a cool project

LakesOnly
07-28-2006, 09:26 AM
Au interiour beautiful de rrrr:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/350rrrr_1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/350rrrr_2.jpg
LO

centerhill condor
07-28-2006, 09:27 AM
mine came this way

flat broke
07-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Construct it like RRRs, do the outer smooth part in light brown/tan, the tuck and roll in white or a really light cream, stitch it with tan thread, and use gold or dark brown piping.
Chris

SHIFTY
07-28-2006, 10:00 AM
IF YOU DECIDE ON BLACK, GO WITH CLOTH. NO HEAT ISSUES, EVER.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1873PF2.jpg

atxwrangler
07-28-2006, 10:03 AM
black is nice,but,super hot! i won't have boat with black seats!

LGCDEVIL
07-28-2006, 12:47 PM
Black vinyl seats ROCK!

Cas
07-28-2006, 01:01 PM
I've had dark brown in a boat and now have black, very little difference in the heat factor. We've pretty much always covered our seats with towels even in the Tahiti with white seats so the black isn't a big deal. The part that is a big deal is when I put my arm on the black gunnel :220v:
The black cloth is really cool looking but I wonder what the life expectancy of it is?
I've been thinking about going that route in our boat now as it's getting near time to replace.

dmontzsta
07-28-2006, 01:04 PM
rrrr has a bottle of 2001 in his hand at all time, the dude is always wiping it down, that is how it stays looking so good.

boats&bars
07-28-2006, 02:42 PM
cant ever go wrong with tan with a brown carpeting

roostwear
07-29-2006, 06:39 AM
cant ever go wrong with tan with a brown carpeting
Kind of what I'm thinking. The carpet should be darker (so it doesn't look dirty all the time) and the same color as the smooth portion of the seats. A contrasting tuck and roll in the center panels that still ties in with the gel colors would look good. Fabric would be good for the heat, but wouldn't fit the "resto" look I'm going for. I'm still considering the black... I like that look.

Devilman
07-29-2006, 09:10 AM
I've got white seats in my boat & they get plenty hot, stung the hell outta the backs of my legs & back several times if I don't splash water on them first. I don't think it really matters, if its sitting out with the sun shining on them, the seats are gonna be hot regardless of color.... :cool:

roostwear
09-12-2006, 11:55 AM
I've been going back and forth on the color since the previous post, and decided I'm going with the brown/tan color scheme. I really like the black interior, and even got past the possible heat issue, but it came down to one thing..... the flow coat on the floor isn't good enough to show and when I think of a flat with a black interior, I'd expect to see a bitchin flow coated floor. I guess the look I'll wind up with is a "luxurious" flatbottom cruiser (???).
I just spoke with the upholsterer, and I'm going to try to get it to him this Saturday. I'll be able to finish assembling and detailing the engine in the mean time (it's still on the engine stand), and make it easier for them to work on it with no engine and pump to work around. That would leave me 3 weeks to reassemble and finish rigging it as well as make the trailer roadworthy before FC. :idea:

FOURQ
09-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Mike who is doing the interior and how much ? with new wood or not?.. i need to get mine done

daddy b
09-12-2006, 06:23 PM
If the seats are not all ripped up, you can dye them with marhyde, it's in a rattle can, you spray, multiple light coats, you will not believe how good it looks, especially black because it covers everything, I've dyed so many car interiors, vinal tops, my interior is black too :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :cool:
The trick is to clean like you have never cleaned before especially in the seems and beading otherwise it fisheyes, so you take a towel wipe it off and start again, idiot proof.
It would change the look of that boat alot for 20.00. You gotta try it maybe on some scrap before.

roostwear
09-12-2006, 07:25 PM
It's the same shop that did the circus boat.... A1 Marine. The wood in the seat cushions is totally gone, so it'll all be replaced. I haven't made up my mind on any other wood yet (seat divider, risers from the stringers, etc). As far as price, I won't know until it gets there. There's little touches I want to do that aren't the norm on boats, so I'm sure it'll add up. All the corners and edges will have a sewn in binding (a contrasting color to the carpet) so there aren't any exposed edges. There'll be a hinged pump cover in the same pleating and colors as the seats. I haven't made up my mind if I'm going to remove the floatation or leave it. Details, details.....