PDA

View Full Version : BoatCop: Your take on this drama:

Trailer Park Casanova
07-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Honest, this really went down:
In the evening, we like to hang out at the Jacuzzi at Emerald Cove.
We met and got to be friends with a nice, very attractive, brilliant mom with a CPA who had realized she was hitting her expiration date. So she met & married the first good looking guy that would have her, held a job, and would start a family.
He's a nice person, but kinda dim witted.
He pulls a check, is good looking and is easy going & has a pulse,, and that was fine with her and it fully met her qualifications to get married at this late stage of her youth. So she marries him and has 2 really super kids.
One evening, he goes into Parker in seperate vech's with his brothers "to get groceries and gas up the boats and trucks" and they don't come back that nite,, no phone call.
In the morning they return,, and he gives her the truth,, or his version of the truth:
His version of the truth:
"The Cops on the Arizona side were watching us here at the (Emerald) pool with binoculars while I drank a beer at the bar, then they waited for us to cross the bridge,, and wrote us a ticket for DUI."
"They told us to get a motel room and sleep it off, so I did. "
I swear,, this this how he presented it to his wife,, and everyone else.
We don't buy it. His wife is silent, has said no words about it, but we think she bought the story.
We've decided not to wake her up.
Rumor reigns king at the Emerald pool, and a story like this is fact to those clowns.
I think they got shitfaced in town in route to getting the groceries & gas, and all got popped for DUI and spent the nite in the hole, and is soft soaping the whole episode to his wife.
It'll sooner or later become a reality of what really happened, or will it?
Does anyone get "watched from the Arizona side with binoculars", then simply written a ticket and let go on the spot because "we saw ya through our binoculars drink a beer"??
Whats your take?

purrfecttremor
07-28-2006, 10:44 AM
Ah HELL NO!!

RitcheyRch
07-28-2006, 11:02 AM
Sounds like total BS to me.

RUSHIN ROULETTE
07-28-2006, 12:56 PM
I have a bridge for sale too... :p

slink
07-28-2006, 01:05 PM
TPC, you do get written a ticket for misdemeanor DUI, but you also spend at least the next 6-8hrs sobering up in the "grey bar motel" (Jail). No way is an LEO going to put his signature on the bottom of an arrest citation for DUI then let the guy drive off. Could you imageing the law suit from the family he kills driving away while still DUI?. No way it happened like that...................BS

Cole
07-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Of course that could happen...why not!!!
I have to go to show my buddies my brand new bridge I just bought in Lake Havasu, I got a great deal $300.00 a month for 25 yrs.

TCHB
07-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Sounds fishy to me.

riverracerXXX
07-28-2006, 01:36 PM
I wonder if that guy sells swamp land on the side?

HM
07-28-2006, 01:41 PM
I am unclear on who is dim witted in this story.

pixrthis
07-28-2006, 04:40 PM
and the motel didn't have a phone.

Dave C
07-31-2006, 08:11 AM
you left some important details out of this story... such as did she smell his finger the next day?? :rollside:

coolchange
07-31-2006, 04:36 PM
Well sounds like he has the mistake of the credit card for a motel room covered.... :rolleyes:

Boatcop
07-31-2006, 06:46 PM
That wouldn't happen on a number of counts...
1) In order to see the Emerald Pool from the AZ side, they would have to cut through the Keys. Get out of their cars, and cut across private property to the Riverfront. All this just to spy on someone drinking a beer in a pool in California? As if we got nothing better to do.
2) Different Agencies patrol up River (Sheriff) and in town (Parker PD).
3) Even if we were to continue this fairy tale and say that the Sheriff was looking at him drinking in the pool. He also would have had to see him leave the pool. Walk back to his trailer. Get in his car. And drive out of the Park and see which way he turned. And then the Officer would have to read his mind to know he was going into Parker.
4) The only way a DUI would be released without going to jail, would be if a sober person came to the Station and signed responsibility for him. We (or any other Agency) would never just take someone to a motel and let him sleep it off. Talk about a liabilty lawsuit waiting to happen
With all the tall tales coming out of Enerald Cove, I'm beginning to wonder what the hell they're putting in the water in that place.

jbone
07-31-2006, 06:57 PM
That wouldn't happen on a number of counts...
1) In order to see the Emerald Pool from the AZ side, they would have to cut through the Keys. Get out of their cars, and cut across private property to the Riverfront. All this just to spy on someone drinking a beer in a pool in California? As if we got nothing better to do.
2) Different Agencies patrol up River (Sheriff) and in town (Parker PD).
3) Even if we were to continue this fairy tale and say that the Sheriff was looking at him drinking in the pool. He also would have had to see him leave the pool. Walk back to his trailer. Get in his car. And drive out of the Park and see which way he turned. And then the Officer would have to read his mind to know he was going into Parker.
4) The only way a DUI would be released without going to jail, would be if a sober person came to the Station and signed responsibility for him. We (or any other Agency) would never just take someone to a motel and let him sleep it off. Talk about a liabilty lawsuit waiting to happen
With all the tall tales coming out of Enerald Cove, I'm beginning to wonder what the hell they're putting in the water in that place.
Sooo, you are saying there is a chance this could have happened. :D

Danhercules
07-31-2006, 08:42 PM
Sooo, you are saying there is a chance this could have happened. :D
I KNEW IT!!!!!! LOL
I gotta start listening to the stories at Emerald Cove.
So Cas, you go there a lot? We have a few trips left there.

carreraelite
07-31-2006, 08:50 PM
Sounds like my kinda girl....What was her name?? :220v: :rolleyes: :D