PDA

View Full Version : Insurance issue...

al cole'holic
07-28-2006, 12:28 PM
...well a lack of issue!
Yesterday I ran into a dude I met about year ago, with a fast cat make of boat with a "bad wrap/history"..after we talk for a while, the subject of insurance comes up. I ask if he pays a hell of a penny to insure it or if he has had the policy so long its under the radar...he tells me he has no insurance, owns the boat outright so no need..! WTF :mad: All I am thinking is, if this fock ranned over meself or whatever then what..??
Does anyone else take this well or what..??..am I wrong..?..anyone here run with no insurance??

RitcheyRch
07-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Could never imagine owning and operating a boat or watercraft without insurance.

framer1
07-28-2006, 12:31 PM
...well a lack of issue!
Yesterday I ran into a dude I met about year ago, with a fast cat make of boat with a "bad wrap/history"..after we talk for a while, the subject of insurance comes up. I ask if he pays a hell of a penny to insure it or if he has had the policy so long its under the radar...he tells me he has no insurance, owns the boat outright so no need..! WTF :mad: All I am thinking is, if this fock ranned over meself or whatever then what..??
Does anyone else take this well or what..??..am I wrong..?..anyone here run with no insurance??
Hell no!!! You would have to be out of your mind.

Havasu_Dreamin
07-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Absolutely not cool! Unless you've got DEEP pockets all boats should be insured IMHO. That's not directed at you specifically OC but at boaters in general.

mbrown2
07-28-2006, 12:33 PM
Not me...but I know there are folks out there and it happens more then you think.....own the boat outright and have been dropped in the last couple years due to rising restrictions..

Kilrtoy
07-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Believe it or not
ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE NO INS.....

Cole Trickle
07-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Tell him a Liability only policy should be realatively cheap.

HocusPocus
07-28-2006, 12:40 PM
i know in California and Arizona boat insurance is not required, and which means there will be many who will not have it. :skull:

YeLLowBoaT
07-28-2006, 12:43 PM
Basicly if he hit you, you would be living in HIS house.
lets just say your boats worth 10k, you get hurt. You have a 1 time medical bill of 10k. 6months to a year of physcial therapy. Your time off work. Plus the lawyer fews. Thats 100k np.
I am not a sue happy person, but if you hit me in a car or boat w/o ins I will come after you.( granted if you don't have car ins you most likly don't have anything anyways.)

grads2112
07-28-2006, 12:48 PM
Absolutely not cool! Unless you've got DEEP pockets all boats should be insured IMHO. That's not directed at you specifically OC but at boaters in general.
Deep Pockets are all the more reason to have insurance...one accident- bye bye deep pockets.

Thorsinc
07-28-2006, 12:49 PM
I will be if I don’t find some by 8/6/06 – Just kidding
Its just another reason why our rates are going up
Kilrtoy - Talk to Tena told her you referred me thanks!

NOTALENT
07-28-2006, 12:54 PM
He's only hurting himself....if he hits someone....there goes his way of life....pretty stupid IMO. Might as well be an illegal alien driver.

bohica
07-28-2006, 12:54 PM
There's no way in hell I'd run around with no insurance, I've got way to much to lose.
I'm sure there are many that don't have it. If the only thing you've got to lose is the boat and let's say they hit someone. What are you going to sue them for? They don't own a home or business, they rent, no money in the bank, just a nice boat. Unfortunately there are many that have this mentality and good luck getting future earnings. As usual, the good guy will be getting screwed.

moneypit
07-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Post a picture of his boat. I will know who to avoid. :mad:

Cole Trickle
07-28-2006, 01:20 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/8462ds0355.jpg
:crossx: :p ;)

INSman
07-28-2006, 01:39 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/8462ds0355.jpg
:crossx: :p ;)
That is some funny shit Brandin !! :)

WYRD
07-28-2006, 01:52 PM
I never used to carry ins on my boats and have been boating for years. Just wasn't something I ever thought of back then, I was always into smaller jet boats (not picking on them) which were cheap and got me on the water. Now that I have alot more in life to loose I have a little more common sense and would never dream of not having ins. even though my boat is paid off I still carry full coverage, I am fortunate to have never been involved in a boating accident with or without ins. It really is insane to be boating without it nowdays with the increased popularity of boating and the ever to common use of alcohol and most of all the "it's not me, it's the other guy" attitude :crossx:

Jyruiz
07-28-2006, 02:01 PM
For his sake and others, I hope he never gets into and accident.

Trailer Park Casanova
07-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Our rep at AAA said over half the boaters out their have no insurance.

Cole Trickle
07-28-2006, 02:53 PM
Sales Propoganda:D
I love it when my clients tell me they don't need Uninsured motorist coverage because everyone in CA has insurance :p :) (Takes everything I have to keep a straight face :crossx: )

lalhc
07-28-2006, 02:58 PM
That boy will lose a heck of a lot more than his boat if he hits someone

boats&bars
07-28-2006, 03:01 PM
I now insure the hell out of everything , my gf is a ins broker. before this boat i didint and sunk my 21 6k later it was fixed , if it were insured $500 bucks , I have learned my lessson...

2Driver
07-28-2006, 03:01 PM
than auto insurance. Half the drivers in AZ don't have any. Thats why I carry 100/300 on my underinsured and non-insured. You'll need the money when you get hit by one of those idiots.

al cole'holic
07-28-2006, 03:50 PM
..hell, I thought insurance was required. We aren't talking about a small old jet, but a $70k+ big number cat. I couldn't believe it myself as I listened...guess if California or Az doesn't require insurance I can't blame anyone who doesn't carry any, still burns me up though!

RitcheyRch
07-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Isnt that the truth.
Deep Pockets are all the more reason to have insurance...one accident- bye bye deep pockets.

RitcheyRch
07-28-2006, 04:26 PM
Same thing my AAA rep told me. Could never imagine not having boat insurance.

Insurance God
07-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Make sure you have Uninsured Boaters on your policy (uninsured motorist on your auto). A lot of people go without insurance (should at least get Liability like Cole Trickle said). UB / UM will pay you for loss of income (if you can't work), medical bills etc. Then your ins. carrier will go after the "dead beat" and try to recoupe the money they paid out. You wouldn't believe how may people also drive cars without insurance! (Some people just get insurance to register their vehicle & then cancel their policy the next day.)