http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/199Drive_Plate_1.JPG

wsuwrhr
07-28-2006, 04:37 PM
This is one heavy duty plate.
throw some sugar on it.
Brian

lilrick
07-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Did you try to explain your situation to Rex marine ? Because you sure as heck aren't gonna get your money back after bashin' him on the boards!!

Rexone
07-28-2006, 05:38 PM
I can tell you this is the first I've heard of it personally (can't speak for my guys) but if the plate is new and undamaged you'll get 100% of the purchase price back. The bash type post without contacting me was unnecessary also IMO. :)
Good thing I have thick skin. The above is the exact reason most manufacturers and suppliers won't come near most these forums.

Highlimit9000
07-28-2006, 10:59 PM
I can tell you this is the first I've heard of it personally (can't speak for my guys) but if the plate is new and undamaged you'll get 100% of the purchase price back. The bash type post without contacting me was unnecessary also IMO. :)
Good thing I have thick skin. The above is the exact reason most manufacturers and suppliers won't come near most these forums.
Mike, I appologize for the bash. Your right it was not appropriate on the boards. I need an Intercooler, Maybe we could work something out...John

superdave013
07-28-2006, 11:45 PM
no rivets?? so what are those 10 round things called??

wsuwrhr
07-29-2006, 12:57 AM
Special bolts SD, special bolts.
Brian

Highlimit9000
07-29-2006, 05:33 AM
Dave, If you see the other plate, you will know what I am talking about... That was not the portion of the plate I was refering to when I said rivets... Yes, those are Rivets... special Bolts as Brian wants to call them...They were on the outer half of the plate and were loose...Wish I kept a picture...That was the portion they said needed to be machined... All i can say is there is a better plate out there for less money...Sorry for the debate....

wsuwrhr
07-29-2006, 06:40 AM
Dave, If you see the other plate, you will know what I am talking about... That was not the portion of the plate I was refering to when I said rivets... Yes, those are Rivets... special Bolts as Brian wants to call them...They were on the outer half of the plate and were loose...Wish I kept a picture...That was the portion they said needed to be machined... All i can say is there is a better plate out there for less money...Sorry for the debate....
I was just a little taken back because of the way you came off. Typical of some other jerkoffs on this board, but very untypical of you.
Rex has taken care of this board for some time. I'm sure if you would have called him up or PMed him and let him know you weren't happy about his part he would have taken care of it. It sounds like he still wants to take care of it.
I think the open flame job was unecessary.
Brian

wsuwrhr
07-29-2006, 06:42 AM
Additionally,
I am sure Rex doesn't MAKE the drive plate, probably buys it from a vendor, adds a markup and sells it retail.
Maybe the plate he got was defective.
Brian

Highlimit9000
07-29-2006, 10:16 AM
I was just a little taken back because of the way you came off. Typical of some other jerkoffs on this board, but very untypical of you.
Rex has taken care of this board for some time. I'm sure if you would have called him up or PMed him and let him know you weren't happy about his part he would have taken care of it. It sounds like he still wants to take care of it.
I think the open flame job was unecessary.
Brian
Brian, You could not be more right. I will call Mike monday and personal appologize. maybe we could work something out with a intercooler. I am still not sure what to go with. Superchiller from Teague, TBS from Rex or CP, or J540 (John) Set-up. ? Seems everyone has pros and cons for both.

wsuwrhr
07-29-2006, 11:06 AM
I'm sure everything will come out ok.
How are you holding up in the heat?
How far are you away from Blue Diamond/ Durango area?
Brian