PDA

View Full Version : Walls of water pics...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-28-2006, 08:32 PM
Where are the pics from B2B???? All I find is 30ft+ boats running 100+ mph:yuk: Did they even do the walls of water this year?? If so where is the evidence?????

SUI-CY-COLE
07-28-2006, 08:38 PM
walls of water??? do you mean jet spray?? thats gay...you can see that anyday at the bellagio in vegas..... :p

John.
07-28-2006, 08:50 PM
walls of water??? do you mean jet spray?? thats gay...you can see that anyday at the bellagio in vegas..... :p
yeah, it really wasn't that cool. not all that worth taking pics. it was just 4 jetboats shooting spray. The DCB is a more interesting video than the 4 jets.

SUI-CY-COLE
07-28-2006, 09:06 PM
yeah, it really wasn't that cool. not all that worth taking pics. it was just 4 jetboats shooting spray. The DCB is a more interesting video than the 4 jets.
my point.......beer beer beer

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-29-2006, 10:51 AM
gay.....Your gay! Your sure on a roll this week with your lame ass posts:rolleyes:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Thats more understandable;) I have pics from last year and the walls of water show was kick ass!!!! I just thought that it was good this year....

boater012
07-29-2006, 11:22 AM
Hey 396 they are only interested in boats that cost more than most peoples houses. It seems like if you own a jet boat around here you are the scum of the earth and must be a druggie. At least thats the vibe I get from this place! the only time I hear anybody say anything good about a jetboat is! well never actually!

cave
07-29-2006, 12:04 PM
Cant wait to join them. But I wont forget were I came from. Not the gay part, They can have that sh!t. :p
Most of the cool people that have the Nice Big 100 to 400 grand boats came from the jet boat V-drive scene. Ones a good friend of mine. Its the ones that keep up with the jone's fagots that seem to be haters. :p We all have our niche in boating.
I've met so many cool people in my Jet boat. How could I forget that.
Mike I remember that pic with the Daytonas tapping the bridge.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-29-2006, 12:39 PM
Hey 396 they are only interested in boats that cost more than most peoples houses. It seems like if you own a jet boat around here you are the scum of the earth and must be a druggie. At least thats the vibe I get from this place! the only time I hear anybody say anything good about a jetboat is! well never actually!
I couldnt agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-29-2006, 12:39 PM
Mike I remember that pic with the Daytonas tapping the bridge.
Yup, thats the one;);)

JEThro
07-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Where are the pics from B2B???? All I find is 30ft+ boats running 100+ mph:yuk: Did they even do the walls of water this year?? If so where is the evidence?????
There were 2 groups of jets doing the B2B. One was Johnny Walkers Walls of Water Team and the other was Billett Racing's team which I was a part of. The Walls of Water team performed first. I couldn't see much due to my vantage point but what I did see was JW's boat roost the Tower Bridge. His roost actually went over the control booth on the bridge.
We performed later in the afternoon. Our routine was originally set up for 5 boats. One boat was a no-show due to tow vehicle problems so we had to do some last minute adjustments to the routine. After the first 2 passes of the routine, one boat broke. That left us with 3 boats on the water. With no way to comunicate with each other we basically had to wing it relying on hand signals. I was able to do a couple of 3/4 throttle spinouts just to help cover up the missing parts of the routine. The boat and myself got beat up pretty good. Both of my gas tanks broke loose so I couldn't make it out for Sunday. Due to a schedual skrewup on Sunday, the team missed the timeslot anyways. I've been looking for pics also. Our usuall photographer didn't make it to to the heat.

gqchris
07-29-2006, 01:39 PM
THIS JUST IN! When you purchase your 400K boat, for a limited time only, you get a FREE aging Soccer Mom w/ bolt-ons trying to look like she is 18 again! Pasties and Ninja Slipper (aka. Moose Knuckle), not included!

Jordy
07-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Wow, the hater-aide seems to be flowing pretty strong in here today. :idea: :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-29-2006, 02:09 PM
There were 2 groups of jets doing the B2B. One was Johnny Walkers Walls of Water Team and the other was Billett Racing's team which I was a part of. The Walls of Water team performed first. I couldn't see much due to my vantage point but what I did see was JW's boat roost the Tower Bridge. His roost actually went over the control booth on the bridge.
We performed later in the afternoon. Our routine was originally set up for 5 boats. One boat was a no-show due to tow vehicle problems so we had to do some last minute adjustments to the routine. After the first 2 passes of the routine, one boat broke. That left us with 3 boats on the water. With no way to comunicate with each other we basically had to wing it relying on hand signals. I was able to do a couple of 3/4 throttle spinouts just to help cover up the missing parts of the routine. The boat and myself got beat up pretty good. Both of my gas tanks broke loose so I couldn't make it out for Sunday. Due to a schedual skrewup on Sunday, the team missed the timeslot anyways. I've been looking for pics also. Our usuall photographer didn't make it to to the heat.
Sorry for the bad luck jethro. I hope you guys get your problems worked out...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-29-2006, 02:10 PM
THIS JUST IN! When you purchase your 400K boat, for a limited time only, you get a FREE aging Soccer Mom w/ bolt-ons trying to look like she is 18 again! Pasties and Ninja Slipper (aka. Moose Knuckle), not included!
Awww hell.................... Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, thats some classic shit:D Dammit chris, Now I gotta put a new sig line up:D That is so true though!!!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Wow, the hater-aide seems to be flowing pretty strong in here today. :idea: :D
Hurry,Hurry,Hurry step right up. Free shots of hater-aide!!!!! Now serving number B249 at window number 8!!! :D :D Come on jordy, getchaself a cup!!!!!!!

Jordy
07-29-2006, 02:14 PM
Come on jordy, getchaself a cup!!!!!!!
I thought I had to have a little boat to drink the hater-aide. Besides, don't you have a broke down jet to fix instead of drinking right now??? :D :D :D

cave
07-29-2006, 02:38 PM
Whats broke Mike?

Jordy
07-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Whats broke Mike?
He posted up in Gearheads and Hot Spots West. Sounds like he dropped a polylock and then it wiped out a couple cam lobes. :(

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Whats broke Mike?
not much, just a few polylocks;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-29-2006, 02:59 PM
I thought I had to have a little boat to drink the hater-aide. Besides, don't you have a broke down jet to fix instead of drinking right now??? :D :D :D
drinks are on tha house;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-29-2006, 03:01 PM
He posted up in Gearheads and Hot Spots West. Sounds like he dropped a polylock and then it wiped out a couple cam lobes. :(
You right jordy, it did:( Its still running but Im not going to chance it. Its not that big of a deal. Ill just order a cam on monday and drop a new one in and some new lifters;) I will be back on the water by sunday;)

gqchris
07-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Hurry,Hurry,Hurry step right up. Free shots of hater-aide!!!!! Now serving number B249 at window number 8!!! :D :D Come on jordy, getchaself a cup!!!!!!!
MMMMM, I loves me some HATER-AIDE!

gqchris
07-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Awww hell.................... Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, thats some classic shit:D Dammit chris, Now I gotta put a new sig line up:D That is so true though!!!!!!
Glad to be of Service Mike, these random "vents" only come about once every 6 months of continuous SandBar Forum reading, then my pop-off valve releases!

squirt
07-29-2006, 03:26 PM
The Walls of Water show isn't necessarily geared for the boating junkie, It's geared for the casual bystander in the crowd out for the entire festival that the City puts on. We also aide in cooling the crowd (not big this year due to 114deg temps) misting the bridge and the Delta King during our runs. If you like large rooster tails, wheelies, spin outs, and other thing unique to jetboats then you might like the show. If not then you probably would rather go to the drags. The jet boat end of it is not about speed, we change our setups just to do this and it slows us down. For me it's a rush heading 5 wide on that norrow river with 2 boats splitting 3 comming head on and the approch speeds of the boats combined is between 80-100mph. The show is supposed to be just FUN.........this year is wasn't so much. I hope we can do it bigger and better next year.
Don

Blown 472
07-29-2006, 04:53 PM
We call them TWGB around here.

502 JET
07-29-2006, 06:16 PM
There's some new words I've never heard of. :rollside:
I am not too sure that the Ninja Slipper and the Moose knuckle go together though unless it was a hermaphrodite soccer mom.
Check out their definitions in the Urban Dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=moose+knuckle)
You may have been confused with the Moose Fist (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=moose+fist)
The guys with the 100K+ boats are just pissed they cant throw the cool rooster tail. :cry:

Havasu Hangin'
07-29-2006, 06:18 PM
All I find is 30ft+ boats running 100+ mph:yuk:
Just because your boat is basically a Sea Doo (that's maybe a little bloated because it's that time of the month)...
...don't be hatin' the "man-sized" boats!
:cry:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Just because your boat is basically a Sea Doo (that's maybe a little bloated because it's that time of the month)...
...don't be hatin' the "man-sized" boats!
Stop the press, HH just downed a 5th of hater_aide:D

gqchris
07-29-2006, 08:44 PM
There's some new words I've never heard of. :rollside:
I am not too sure that the Ninja Slipper and the Moose knuckle go together though unless it was a hermaphrodite soccer mom.
Check out their definitions in the Urban Dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=moose+knuckle)
You may have been confused with the Moose Fist (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=moose+fist)
The guys with the 100K+ boats are just pissed they cant throw the cool rooster tail. :cry:
HAHHA, You are right 502! I should have substituted Moose Knuckle for Camel Toe!

Havasu Hangin'
07-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Stop the press, HH just downed a 5th of hater_aide:D
Hey...I was there for the "walls of water".
To me...it just looked like a bunch of loud Sea Doos.
:D

Jordy
07-29-2006, 10:55 PM
Really??? And it doesn't have to be glass for my boat to be off the trailer... :notam:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23Crash_051-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23XRatedspeed2-med.jpg
Then again, I guess there is a difference between a boat that can't go fast and has to throw water up in the air at 30 mph to be noticed, versus one that does it at 90+ mph. ;)
P.S. Most of those "$100K boats" especially with #6 drives will put your jet boat to shame when it comes to roost. ;)

502 JET
07-30-2006, 05:48 AM
Really??? And it doesn't have to be glass for my boat to be off the trailer... :notam:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23Crash_051-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23XRatedspeed2-med.jpg
Then again, I guess there is a difference between a boat that can't go fast and has to throw water up in the air at 30 mph to be noticed, versus one that does it at 90+ mph. ;)
P.S. Most of those "$100K boats" especially with #6 drives will put your jet boat to shame when it comes to roost. ;)
Thats no rooster tail.
Thats The Walls Of Smoke wackka style. :crossx:

Havasu Hangin'
07-30-2006, 06:24 AM
Thats no rooster tail.
How about this one (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/511/74Got_Roost.wmv)?
:idea:

YeLLowBoaT
07-30-2006, 07:16 AM
Hey HH, why is it that the only pics/videos we see of you is when your riding in Kroozin's boat??? :)

Havasu Hangin'
07-30-2006, 07:20 AM
Hey HH, why is it that the only pics/videos we see of you is when your riding in Kroozin's boat??? :)
First of all...that wasn't KROOZIN's boat.
Second of all...how the hell am I supposed to videotape and drive my boat?
:notam:

Bradf
07-30-2006, 07:29 AM
if you have to keep up with the jones's, it just means you have a small penis. *takes another sip of the hater-aide*

Jordy
07-30-2006, 08:10 AM
Second of all...how the hell am I supposed to videotape and drive my boat?
:notam:
Just hand the beer bong off, continue driving with your knee and film away!!! :D :D :D
Oh, and nice vid from that 46' tug. :D :D :D

Havasu Hangin'
07-30-2006, 10:22 AM
Just hand the beer bong off, continue driving with your knee and film away!!! :D :D :D
You're right, Jordy- my bad.
I guess I shouldn't expect someone who owns a jetboat to know what "logic" is.

AzMandella
07-30-2006, 08:40 PM
Hey 396 don't worry about the big boat guy's.Their just jealous that they dont have the balls to run 90+ mph in an 18'er.Besides most of them have mortgaged themselves to death to drive to channel to drink all day.By the way we've got about 14 v-drives and a handfull of jets heading up to Burnt Corral at Apache this weekend(4th-6th).come on up it's going to be a good afternoon of dragracing on Sat.
AzMandella

Jordy
07-30-2006, 09:12 PM
come on up it's going to be a good afternoon of dragracing on Sat.
AzMandella
Yeah, it's going to be fukkin' GREAT!!! About 2 passes until the wind kicks up and everyone is back on the trailer or everything breaks down and has to be towed back in!!! Either way, it's going to be a sight to behold!!!! :D :D :D

BigBlockOldsJet
07-30-2006, 09:33 PM
You're right, Jordy- my bad.
I guess I shouldn't expect someone who owns a jetboat to know what "logic" is.
It's too bad you didn't build or can't work on what you own, damn shame. Just proves that any idiot can throw down the jack and call himself a hot boater.

Havasu Hangin'
07-31-2006, 03:49 AM
It's too bad you didn't build or can't work on what you own, damn shame. Just proves that any idiot can throw down the jack and call himself a hot boater.
Oh...I beg to differ.
First of all, I own my boat outright.
Second of all, I personally torn down the motors last year. However, I did send the blowers out for rebuilds and polishing...so I guess I don't know how to work on my stuff. :notam:
Maybe you should consider "throwing down the jack" and get rid of that PWC you own (or maybe financed?).

Jbb
07-31-2006, 04:03 AM
Oh...I beg to differ.
Second of all, I personally torn down the motors last year. However, I did send the blowers out for rebuilds and polishing...so I guess I don't know how to work on my stuff. :notam:
Maybe you should consider "throwing down the jack" and get rid of that PWC you own (or maybe financed?).
lol...... :cool:

BigBlockOldsJet
07-31-2006, 05:21 AM
Oh...I beg to differ.
Why are you begging?
The note on your boat might be satisfied as you claim but most likley the balance was differed to home equity or your Capital One platinum card.
Removing the blowers for polishing must have taken an abundance amount of technical skill, I stand corrected.
It seems odd for a person who disllikes and thinks jet boats are beneath him to post in this forum.

Havasu Hangin'
07-31-2006, 05:43 AM
It seems odd for a person who disllikes and thinks jet boats are beneath him to post in this forum.
I never said that jet boats are beneath me (except maybe in a no-wake zone). I actually used to own one...
...but then I grew up.

Jbb
07-31-2006, 06:06 AM
HH doesn't even polish his own blowers...?..... :jawdrop: :D

Havasu Hangin'
07-31-2006, 06:14 AM
HH doesn't even polish his own blowers...?..... :jawdrop: :D
It's beneath me.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-31-2006, 09:50 AM
Hey 396 don't worry about the big boat guy's.Their just jealous that they dont have the balls to run 90+ mph in an 18'er.Besides most of them have mortgaged themselves to death to drive to channel to drink all day.By the way we've got about 14 v-drives and a handfull of jets heading up to Burnt Corral at Apache this weekend(4th-6th).come on up it's going to be a good afternoon of dragracing on Sat.
AzMandella
The big boat guys dont bother me one bit. Actually I have met HH,kroozin and they are really nice guys. They like to pull peoples chains on here. Jordy is another sneaky one as well. I will try to make it to apache this weekend. I just ordered a new cam so I should be back in business in 2-3 days;)

Havasu Hangin'
07-31-2006, 09:54 AM
The big boat guys dont bother me one bit. Actually I have met HH,kroozin and they are really nice guys.
Don't go ruinin' my rep, man! :cry:

billet racing
07-31-2006, 03:49 PM
Nah, we don't post much here because of all the drama. We did have some issues and were not impressed with the show, and we were in it!!! Last year was much better. Next year we will have our shiat together.
No different then other events, the guys participating are having a good time, those who aren't talk trash about us. I don't care if you spent $1,000 or $500,000, someone will talk about you. Some will fit the bill, and some will be offended.
Oversize SeaDoo,, come on. I'm the one with the Twin Turbo Daytona. At full tilt I can reach the bridge, and still GPS'd at 97 mph. With 5 people in the boat. Our team is entirely do it yourselfers. Some very basic low end stuff. None of them deserved to be trash talked.
Jerry

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-31-2006, 04:23 PM
Nah, we don't post much here because of all the drama. We did have some issues and were not impressed with the show, and we were in it!!! Last year was much better. Next year we will have our shiat together.
No different then other events, the guys participating are having a good time, those who aren't talk trash about us. I don't care if you spent $1,000 or $500,000, someone will talk about you. Some will fit the bill, and some will be offended.
Oversize SeaDoo,, come on. I'm the one with the Twin Turbo Daytona. At full tilt I can reach the bridge, and still GPS'd at 97 mph. With 5 people in the boat. Our team is entirely do it yourselfers. Some very basic low end stuff. None of them deserved to be trash talked.
Jerry
GOOD POST;);)

Havasu Hangin'
07-31-2006, 04:36 PM
Oversize SeaDoo,, come on. I'm the one with the Twin Turbo Daytona.
For the record, I thought your Sea Doo was really cool.
Although I like messing with 396, I really do like you "Team potatochip" guys. Even though I don't have a small boat anymore, maybe someday I'll get another one.

LOWRIVER2
07-31-2006, 04:38 PM
I would'nt call a 23 foot daycruiser small. Only the small block you ran in it with the alpha drive.

Havasu Hangin'
07-31-2006, 04:43 PM
I would'nt call a 23 foot daycruiser small. Only the small block you ran in it with the alpha drive.
You need to go farther back than that (I wasn't on the boards for the 80's and 90's).
PS- for the record, it was a Volvo.

LOWRIVER2
07-31-2006, 04:44 PM
True,
but how come you're only 5'7? Do ya need the freeboard to see out on the lake? I heard you only need one phone book to sit on now.
I guess being 6'3, I don't need the freeboard, who knows?/LOL

Havasu Hangin'
07-31-2006, 04:48 PM
but how come you're only 5'7? Do ya need the freeboard to see out on the lake? I heard you only need one phone book to sit on now.
I guess being 6'3, I don't need the freeboard, who knows?/LOL
You tall guys crack me up- always making fun of us little guys. That's why I had to get the big boat (with two phonebooks).

squirt
07-31-2006, 05:13 PM
Speaking of tall guys....did you hear how Keith Zellmer did in his single engine Carrera? We were launched and holding up river when he ran, his boat sure sounded good going down river when he hit the juice.

Cas
07-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Speaking of tall guys....did you hear how Keith Zellmer did in his single engine Carrera? We were launched and holding up river when he ran, his boat sure sounded good going down river when he hit the juice.
broke a u-joint, at least he's been asking about a beefier one.

Havasu Hangin'
07-31-2006, 06:23 PM
So how fast were these bling barges actually running in this bridge to bridge deal?
Not sure about the Sea Doos...
...but Dan's boat got 147 MPH (http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/kroozin_b2b.wmv) on the GPS (with about 1,000lbs of gas, no trim, and I think I left the anchor out...lol).

LOWRIVER2
07-31-2006, 06:35 PM
I did'nt watch the video, but is that boat a cat HH?
In all seriouness, does'nt your boat in 5 foot chop still slam down like my boat in 3 foot chop? When you gonna step up and get a cat (true man's boat). I plan on doing so next year. You?

Havasu Hangin'
07-31-2006, 06:44 PM
In all seriouness, does'nt your boat in 5 foot chop still slam down like my boat in 3 foot chop? When you gonna step up and get a cat (true man's boat). I plan on doing so next year. You?
Actually...I've had my entire boat about 2' out of the water...and it lands pretty softly.
Not sure about the cat yet...but I really like the flexibilty of the V right now. We've done everything from taking it on the river to Topock, to overnighting in Avalon harbor.
Maybe I'm getting old...but speed doesn't seem to be everything to me these days.