PDA

View Full Version : Engine location

PC Rat
07-29-2006, 11:25 AM
I just got a Jetaway and need to do some driveline modifications. Before I do this, I would like to determine if my engine is in the proper location from front to back. What information is needed to determine the engine location - weight, top speed, etc...?
Brian

fleetimus
07-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Get a hold of Duane at HTP

PC Rat
08-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Thought I'd bring this to the top for another try, since I haven't put the Jetaway on yet.
In the old (existing) configuration there is 9/16" end play in the yoke to pump shaft, I know this is more than the desirable distance, but would it be considered dangerous?
Brian

Cs19
08-20-2006, 09:17 PM
9/16 from the end of the yoke to the clip on the jetaway? Thats kinda alot if thats the case.An aluminum spacer in your driveline might be the answer. I run my yoke right up to the clip then remove the clip.
I doubt it will be a problem but it would be nice to have full engagement on the splines.
Chris.

PC Rat
08-21-2006, 04:56 AM
What I mean by old configuration is without the Jetaway.
I was just waiting to install the Jetaway until I figure out if my engine is located correctly.
Does moving the engine 2"-3" make much of a difference?
Brian

Duane HTP
08-21-2006, 05:28 AM
PC, there is quite a bit involved here in determining the proper location of the engine. Like; where the pump is set, where the motor is now set, the HP that you are running, the speed that you run, the weight of your boat, the weight of the driver, how you mostly intend to use the boat, etc. Give me a call, and I'll help you determine location. 316-794-8616