PDA

View Full Version : Channel voting

Music to my Ears
01-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Do people that have vacation homes in Havasu have any "say" in the Channel mooring issue, or just primary residents? I'm not sure if there is anything actually coming up that would even require a vote, but was just curious.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Kurt, no if it were to actually come to an electioin type of deal, we would have no vote. We could try and speak at a City council meeting but I suspect as soon as they realize we do/can not vote.....NEXT!

Music to my Ears
01-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Kurt, no if it were to actually come to an electioin type of deal, we would have no vote. We could try and speak at a City council meeting but I suspect as soon as they realize we do/can not vote.....NEXT!
That's what I figured. Just trying to help the cause. Thanks Scott!

Havasu_Dreamin
01-10-2006, 05:06 PM
That's what I figured. Just trying to help the cause. Thanks Scott!
No problem.

ChumpChange
01-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Unless you are an illiegal immigrant. Then you can.

Essex502
01-10-2006, 05:29 PM
No we don't have any vote but we can let the local merchants know that we will vote with our dollars and will only patronize those merchants that support keeping the channel open to all boating and mooring.

UncleLarry
01-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Not even locals get to vote on this issue.
The city council can pass an ordinance with out any public vote.
If you want to help let the mayor and council know how this would affect your spending...
all contacts are on .. www.411havasu.com
Good Luck

GHT
01-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Why couldn't people that own a house come into town to vote? Also, don't they have some kind of absentee ballot?
Although now that I think about it you probably have to have an AZ d/l with your address on it??

Boatcop
01-10-2006, 06:30 PM
Why couldn't people that own a house come into town to vote? Also, don't they have some kind of absentee ballot?
Although now that I think about it you probably have to have an AZ d/l with your address on it??
You have to be a RESIDENT to vote in a particular state or city. (3rd grade civics)
Just being a property owner doesn't entitle one to vote in local elections. Otherwise any one, citizen or not could buy property and vote wherever they wanted, and as many times as they wanted. One person-One vote. (Unless you're a Chicago Democrat)
If you want to vote in Arizona elections, move here and legally become a resident.
Instead, do what Essex502 said and vote iwth your wallet.

GHT
01-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Thanks.. I just wasn't thinkin' I was typing before I engaged my brain. It is the Military background in me... Could vote absentee style etc..
By the way.. What is an "iwth"???
J/K..
Thanks..

Boatcop
01-10-2006, 07:14 PM
"iwth" is "with" spelled sideways.
Absentee voting does apply (27 years Military here) but it is for "residents" who are temporarily out of the voting precinct on election day.
Think about it. If you're stationed in Alabama, but your home of record (permanent) is California, you can't vote in Alabama and also vote absentee for California.
That's called voter fraud, and is a Federal Offense. (Unless, as I said, you're a Chicago Democrat) :crossx:

Ion
01-10-2006, 08:23 PM
...That's called voter fraud, and is a Federal Offense. (Unless, as I said, you're a Chicago Democrat) :crossx:
Let's not forget the deceased dem's whose names used to show up on ballots when Dick Daley (original Dick) was seeking re-election!