PDA

View Full Version : Dealer doesn't like deal; steals truck back in middle of night.

beaverretriever
07-30-2006, 10:15 AM
http://www.newschannel5.com/content/investigates/20762.asp?q=BILL+HEARD

YeLLowBoaT
07-30-2006, 10:20 AM
If all that is true... thats a big time lawsuit waiting to happen...

HocusPocus
07-30-2006, 10:24 AM
i had a company in riverside that sold copiers, fax's etc.. etc. if one of my sales guys sold a customer the moon, i would have to deliver it. had one guy giving away lifetime service contracts on used equipment, for which i didn't know anything about for about 3 months. :mad: i did or course honor them.. but i didn't like it.

OCMerrill
07-30-2006, 10:48 AM
Here in CA our DMV is VERY aggressive and would shut the dealer down if this went down.
My sister used to be the finance manger of a Honda dealership years ago. She has seen it. Wilson Ford in Huntington Beach for example.
I can't believe this is just a civil matter. Must be more to the story. There always is.

YeLLowBoaT
07-30-2006, 10:59 AM
When "Cal worthington" was in socal( this is the reason why he moved to sac from la...) he was arrested on live TV ( back when they did commericals live) for rolling odometers back...

Liberator TJ1984
07-30-2006, 11:06 AM
is still walking ???
If he's pulled that many fast ones ? seems like someone woulda busted some kneecaps by now :crossx:

Sherpa
07-30-2006, 11:26 AM
he said he saw the truck on the lot, with people looking at it-????
If he had keys with him, he should have got in, and drove that thing off the
lot right then and there...... bushes, curbs, ain't nothing gonna stop that
pick up..................
Not if it was my deal gone sour.....
--Sherpa..............
I'd have that place in defcon 5 mode shortly after.............

Tom Brown
07-30-2006, 11:28 AM
lot right then and there......
Perfect. :cool:
If the situation is as presented and they get away with that, signing a sale document is meaningless. A customer who has second thoughts about a deal should be able to take it back the next day and get a full refund. It's gotta cut both ways.

rerfert
07-30-2006, 11:40 AM
If the rookie Salesman wasn't in on a side deal with the buyer???....Then the way I see it more than one of the workers at the dealership had to look over the selling papers and finalize the deal.
Gives new meaning to deal or no deal now dosent it....the deal should stand.
The buyer just has to find 12 more poeple that think like I do.

RAMROD
07-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Rookie or not, at most dealerships don't they have a sales manager to OK the final deal?
Ziggy? Hello Ziggy.

GHT
07-30-2006, 11:53 AM
Deal should stand.... How much, REALLY, does a dealer make off of the average person (profit from new purchase, profit from sale of the trade-in)? Not one (even the one's that are our buddies, or the one's I deal with that when buying company vehicles) will EVER tell you the WHOLE truth... But that is the market and we all accept it... They are the last real Mafia...
Oh, and don't forget the money they make by adding percents or fraction of percents to your financing...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$....
Most people would be fired for conducting business like a majority of dealers / salesmen....

mmered8299
07-30-2006, 12:24 PM
I wish I get more money on my contracting deals that I underbid or screwedup on. I have to eat it. The dealership should have to eat it too.

DeeCandyBar
07-30-2006, 12:29 PM
there's two sides to every story and both sides of this story stink

Her454
07-30-2006, 12:57 PM
When "Cal worthington" was in socal( this is the reason why he moved to sac from la...) he was arrested on live TV ( back when they did commericals live) for rolling odometers back...
Yea I remember that, he was standing on his head, next to his dog "spot", ready to eat a bug LOL.................

YeLLowBoaT
07-30-2006, 01:00 PM
Yea I remember that, he was standing on his head, next to his dog "spot", ready to eat a bug LOL.................
Damn your old.... that happend in 58 or 59...

RitcheyRch
07-30-2006, 01:21 PM
Should report it to DMV. DMV might have a problem with a car being sold 2 times.
If all that is true... thats a big time lawsuit waiting to happen...

Cole Sanger
07-30-2006, 01:23 PM
lot right then and there...... bushes, curbs, ain't nothing gonna stop that
pick up..................
Not if it was my deal gone sour.....
--Sherpa..............
I'd have that place in defcon 5 mode shortly after.............
Exactly what I was thinking.

Dave4XTC
07-30-2006, 02:06 PM
The Boat Brokers tried a similar scam on me, sold me a boat then called me the following week said they needed another $2500 for the trailer, too bad for them the trailer was clearly listed in the sales contract that was paid in full!

shueman
07-30-2006, 02:15 PM
Rookie or no rookie, the Sales Manager usually has to OK the deal..... :mad:
Don't think they have a right to take back the truck, UNLESS the guy's check bounced..... :crossx:
He just might get his choice off the lot when all is said and done....

mickeyfinn
07-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Click the link and read dealers statement. Doesn't disagree with any of the details. Just said they made a mistake. Deal should stand and Bill Heard should be arrested for posession of stolen property. If they screwed up and overcharged him you can bet it would not have worked the other way.

Red Horse
07-30-2006, 02:41 PM
I went to the Bill Heard in Vegas when looking for a daily driver truck. (S-10). The saleman was a fast talker, wanted to take my truck for an appraisal and I hadnt even said what I was there for yet. I left. Woulnt surprise me one bit.
However, if dealer signed off, no matter the mistake, dealer needs to eat it. That is just biz, good or bad. :cool:

Boatcop
07-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Hmmm.......
Maybe that's why I've seen Jay lurking around my house at night. :jawdrop:
I knew his deals were too good to stand. :cry:
:D

centerhill condor
07-30-2006, 03:28 PM
these guys are on the news regularly with all kinds of shanagans.... the davidson county tn district attorney said this is a civil matter because he is gutless! If the client decided he didn't like the deal and took back the truck he would be arrested and charged.... it all depends on who is in your pocket! old tory is kinda (in)famous for his poor choices in staff and prosecutions. Not much of a manager either.
The same dealership has been on the news for not paying off your trade, using other people's SS# to finance, etc...never prosecuted... things that make you go hmmm.
We had a judge that was really hard on DUI cases... threw the book at 'em... he died in a single car/single driver crash and major burn dui accident judge was driving. a little old fashioned Karma coming down...

TT_trawler
08-01-2006, 02:56 AM
update
Cal Worthington Ford is still in business in so cal. (Long Beach)
Still making commercials...Go see Cal, Go see Cal, Go see Cal...

RitcheyRch
08-01-2006, 04:29 AM
Thats what I always thought. Sounds like a major screw up happened here and will be interesting to see the outcome.
Rookie or not, at most dealerships don't they have a sales manager to OK the final deal?
Ziggy? Hello Ziggy.

HM
08-01-2006, 07:36 AM
These guys look like crooks, but my money is on them winning this case if there is even a law suit. For one....if the vehicle was truly "Stolen" from the customer, then the cops would be more involved - but they clearly stated it was a civil matter and that the dealer actually acted within the law(criminal law). Two, the dealer actually acted quickly and offered to compensate the customer.
I am not arguing what is right or wrong here. Just the facts, mam.

catman-do
08-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Many people making comments regarding "what would happen if that was here" (CA) types of things. One thing we need to remember is this took place in TN. Alot of those "backwoods" states have too many corrupt people at lower levels. In CA we are no where near short of corruption, however there are too many eyes watching over the judges, police etc.... Thats why CA wouldnt deal with such an incedent as that. In TN, that dealership may be one of the states biggest revenues and no way in hell are they going to loose that. Well that and Elvis tourists... :)

KLEPTOW
08-01-2006, 08:26 AM
update
Cal Worthington Ford is still in business in so cal. (Long Beach)
Still making commercials...Go see Cal, Go see Cal, Go see Cal...
May be he meant Ralph Williams Ford? he was run out of the State of Cali for rolling back speedos, and selling worthless extended service contracts.

h2oski2fast
08-01-2006, 08:45 AM
As for the police investigation, the DA says this is a civil case, not a criminal case. He says Kieselhorst is free to take the dealer to court -- something he's now seriously considering.
Sounds like someone is being greased here. Wouldn't be concidered grand theft along with pocession of and fencing of stolen property?

RitcheyRch
08-01-2006, 09:01 AM
Thats what I am thinking. Someone definitely making some money on this or people would be in jail.
Sounds like someone is being greased here. Wouldn't be concidered grand theft along with pocession of and fencing of stolen property?

Sleek-Jet
08-01-2006, 09:10 AM
If he paid cash... why didn't he get the title then and there??? I've paid cash for several vehicles off dealer lots... every time the sales manager has come back with the title properly released to me before I drove off the lot...
So, did the guy get his money back???

Hardly Satisfied
08-01-2006, 10:11 AM
the dealer is screwed . sounds like they have been ripping of people for a while

RitcheyRch
08-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Have a feeling the dealer will make out through some loop hole.
the dealer is screwed . sounds like they have been ripping of people for a while

John.
08-01-2006, 12:41 PM
If he bought the truck and drove it home, then he has keys for it. Why doesn't he just go back to the stealership, get in and drive away? If they report it stolen, he has paperwork showing that he is the rightful owner.

Magic34
08-01-2006, 12:47 PM
If the rookie Salesman wasn't in on a side deal with the buyer???....Then the way I see it more than one of the workers at the dealership had to look over the selling papers and finalize the deal.
Gives new meaning to deal or no deal now dosent it....the deal should stand.
The buyer just has to find 12 more poeple that think like I do.
At least 4 people look over this deal before it is done. First, the "rookie" salesman, then most likely a assistant manager or manager of the used car department, then off to finance, even if paying cash, it runs through finance for the business portion, and usually 2 are involved in that, 1 behind the scenes, and 1 that sees the customer.
The dealer screwed up big time, and not just the salesman's fault.

JAY4SPEED
08-01-2006, 01:26 PM
At least 4 people look over this deal before it is done. First, the "rookie" salesman, then most likely a assistant manager or manager of the used car department, then off to finance, even if paying cash, it runs through finance for the business portion, and usually 2 are involved in that, 1 behind the scenes, and 1 that sees the customer.
The dealer screwed up big time, and not just the salesman's fault.
I agree, at my dealership and any other dealership that I know, the salesmen don't handle the transaction, they just demonstrate the vehicle's features to the customer and act as a middle man to the finance dept. The deal is negotiated with the finance dept, and then signed off by managment, even if paying cash. I wonder if the "rookie salesman, rookie finance officer, and rookie manager" (takes more than one person to close a deal) all still work there?
Jay

PowellScooter
08-01-2006, 01:51 PM
The article alluded to the check being post-dated, maybe there was an issue
regarding the availability of the funds. Not sticking up for the dealer but remember there are 3 sides to all stories buyers,dealers and what really happened