View Full Version : single carb killed .......

Nucking futs
07-30-2006, 10:32 AM
The performance of the engine. I was running Eld. tr2 t ram with some 650 dp's and it spun out 5800 rpm and it holeshoted better then ever. Switched to a victor JR. with a Demon 850 and now it blows the pump away and lost 400 rpm. brought my torque curve to low I guess. Im going to run it at the river this weekend, but I have a feeling the T ram is going back on the engine.
Cam: hyd roller
566/566
290/290 duration
110*l/c
Agressor b/c

DMOORE
07-30-2006, 12:49 PM
Also don't forget, Tunnel rams just look bitchen. Way better than a single 4.
Darrell.

Beer-30
07-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Find a single-4 top for your tunnel ram and throw the 850 on just for fun. Sometimes a compromise between the two setups is best. You may gain just a touch of bottom end with the single, since the vacuum signal won't be shared with another. Just a thought.

GofastRacer
07-30-2006, 06:17 PM
Find a single-4 top for your tunnel ram and throw the 850 on just for fun.
That don't work, never has never will!.. :)

GofastRacer
07-30-2006, 06:22 PM
The performance of the engine. I was running Eld. tr2 t ram with some 650 dp's and it spun out 5800 rpm and it holeshoted better then ever. Switched to a victor JR. with a Demon 850 and now it blows the pump away and lost 400 rpm. brought my torque curve to low I guess. Im going to run it at the river this weekend, but I have a feeling the T ram is going back on the engine.
Cam: hyd roller
566/566
290/290 duration
110*l/c
Agressor b/c

FlatRat
07-31-2006, 01:22 AM
Why waste the time and gas, put the T ram back on, better yet put a set of injectors on it!.. :D
YEAH!!! :idea:

WannabeRacing
07-31-2006, 12:07 PM
Now we are TALKIN'!

Bradf
07-31-2006, 12:38 PM
The guy i bought my boat from had just put a victor on my 455, and said he saw rpm loss from the torker II he had on it before.. when i checked the edelbrock website i found this:
Victor Series Manifolds (3500 to 8500+ rpm)
Single-plane, high-rise intakes designed for maximum race-winning power at higher engine speeds. Edelbrock engineers work in conjunction with leading engine builders from all forms of competition to design manifolds compatible with the latest technology. Victor manifolds are available for single or multiple carburetor set-ups. See individual listings for complete information.
Torker IIĀ® Manifolds (2500 to 6500 rpm)
These single-plane, low-rise intakes work well for high-rpm, high-performance street applications. Ideal for applications where hood clearance is limited, they produce gains in top-end horsepower with adequate throttle response. Not intended for mileage or emissions applications, they are only for high-performance vehicles.
My boat only turns 4700ish w/ the victor on it =(... but id hate to stick the low rise back on... the victor looks so bad-ass =P

SmokinLowriderSS
07-31-2006, 03:13 PM
How's the bad ass bling factor when some jet-ski passes ya? :cry:

Carnivalride
07-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Ouch! :eek: :2purples: :hammerhea :hammerhea that'll leave a mark. :crossx: :D :D

Nucking futs
07-31-2006, 05:06 PM
couldnt tell ya, one has yet to pass without me letting them.
Tore into the demon, it was no set up right,but the T ram is still going back on. It just looks bitchen.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1638100_0377-med.JPG
oh, and Art, I have the injected motor,just dont want to run Alky in the cruiser........ :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1638hat_0022-med.JPG

GofastRacer
07-31-2006, 07:18 PM
oh, and Art, I have the injected motor,just dont want to run Alky in the cruiser........ :D
I run gas in mine!.. :D

Bradf
07-31-2006, 08:45 PM
**** jet skis lol... they're crying when im breaking out a cold one, listening to satellite radio under the bimini... besides.. some of those jet skis have more HP than that honda civic you secretly drive haha :cool:

Taylorman
08-01-2006, 06:47 AM
The guy i bought my boat from had just put a victor on my 455, and said he saw rpm loss from the torker II he had on it before.. when i checked the edelbrock website i found this:
Leave the Victor on. I have one and it runs great with my 750 Victor.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-01-2006, 05:36 PM
**** jet skis lol... they're crying when im breaking out a cold one, listening to satellite radio under the bimini... besides.. some of those jet skis have more HP than that honda civic you secretly drive haha :cool:
Some of them may have more power than the ford truck I drive. LOL
Never owned a Civic, did own an accord back in the late '80's to mid '90's. :)

LakesOnly
08-02-2006, 09:47 AM
Futts,
I'm certainly not going to stop you from throwing the T/R back on :D ...just wanted to note that a single 850 doesn't stand a chance of standing up to a pair of 650's on a big block motor. You know that; the results of the swap were completely understandable.
If you want a single four that still offers comparable power output, you need something in the Dominator series. Matter of fact, my friend Lem just dynoed a naturally aspirated motor and--during part 1 of that session--was making 981 HP on a single carb motor package (worked 1250 Dom) on gas. Further, at the last race they were the only entry in their class that was running 1 carburetor and they were kicking everone elses asss.
Don't want to steer this thread off course and get into the whole overcarburetion topic, but I think that the best thing you can do is give an engine the opportunity to have available as much air as it can possibly swallow at any given time (which I personally view as being unrelated to overcarburetion).
LO