PDA

View Full Version : recording from tivo onto dvd's

DeeCandyBar
07-30-2006, 04:22 PM
i have tivo's and a highdef tivo here at the house. as i prepare for
another season of nfl games on directv i would like to step up
to recording them onto dvd's from my tivo (from non-hidef tivo).
is this as easy as recording the game on tivo and then replaying that
game to a dvd recorder connected to the tivo's outputs?

Cole Sanger
07-30-2006, 04:41 PM
My wife has been complaining for about a year now for me to hook our tivo to the dvd burner about 5 feet away. I think you can just hook up the cable from the tivo to the dvd burner and then say record to vcr on the tivo and record on the dvd burner. What connections do you have on the tivo? HDMI? that would be the best, but good luck finding a place to plug it into a dvd burner. Atleast mine doesn't have it. I would have to use the component video jacks which are not that bad. What is nice is you should be able to burn the disk and edit out the commercials pretty easy on a computer. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

socaldj1
07-30-2006, 04:41 PM
I use a $49 Dazzle video capture unit connected from the VCR out of my DVR into the USB port on my computer. It captures the full movie, game or race. The burn it to DVD. It is a long process because you have to capture then burn. Approx 2x the length of the program.

Tom Brown
07-30-2006, 04:43 PM
That will work.
Of course, it's nicer to have the burner right in the Tivo. One of the drawbacks of doing it the way you suggest is you'll have to enter in any titles and information you want on your DVDs.
Still, DVD burners are cheap these days so it's a quick and easy way to do it.
BTW, I use a Pioneer PVR. It's kind of redundant but makes it easy to edit out commercials and such after the fact.

wildbillg
07-30-2006, 05:10 PM
the best way is to hook it up to your home wirelss system and then download the program from the tivo web site.
works good for me that way... :220v: