PDA

View Full Version : Truck runs over owner at Ramada

cc322
07-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Cant believe what I saw this morning. On my way to Safeway I pull out of my condo on Lake Havasu Ave and come to Smoketree, As I see a guy standing behind his Expedition trying to catch his boat in the Ramada parking lot, and all of a sudden his Expy plows over him, I am at a loss as I see him being run over under his truck. A little girl went running and I went to call 911 and no cell with me :mad: I get to where I can turn around and his buddies are allready with him as he is pinned underneath his truck. When I get there He is concious but in alot of pain, the exhaust is burning his back, he has a compound fracture in his leg. Cops arrive and the fire dept, when they get the Expy off of him he loses conciousness and passes out , they start cpr and he is flown to Vegas, trauma center. Man I cant believe I saw this guy being run over from the highway, I felt so helpless. Talked to some people today and said he is in stable condition with his hip broken in two places compound fracture in his leg and severe burns on his back. Later on I went back to talk to the girls that work at that Woodys cause they were first on scene, and they had said he was backing his truck to hook up his boat and the boat trailer was not chalked, he must of hit the trailer and the boat went running, he jumped out of his truck to catch the boat and left it in netureal and it just rolled right over him. I sure hope he will be ok.

RitcheyRch
07-30-2006, 07:00 PM
Wow. Sure one wild story.

franky
07-30-2006, 07:24 PM
It's a good thing they took him to Vegas and not Hotel California (LHRMC) where you can check in but seldom check out. The paramedics in Havi have a saying "If I go down, get me out of town" and for good reasons. Keep this in mind. Spend the money and go to LV or Pheonix.

Garrddogg
07-30-2006, 07:42 PM
WOW thats messed up .. I hope hes alright.

IN2-IN2MX
07-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Sorry to hear this.

Kilrtoy
07-30-2006, 07:49 PM
It's a good thing they took him to Vegas and not Hotel California (LHRMC) where you can check in but seldom check out. The paramedics in Havi have a saying "If I go down, get me out of town" and for good reasons. Keep this in mind. Spend the money and go to LV or Pheonix.
Now that is even scarier

RiverToysJas
07-30-2006, 08:58 PM
That's why when RiverDave broke his arm in Parker, I drove him to the hospital nearest his house....in Escondido! ;) We almost stopped in Palm Springs, but what's another hour, once you're that far, right? :crossx:
RTJas :D

pixilatedpussy
07-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Wow....what a day for all involved! Glad he is ok....but how are you from having seen this?

dicudmore
07-30-2006, 09:45 PM
holy shiat...
hope he makes it out ok

JetBoatRich
07-31-2006, 03:22 AM
Sounds crazy :mad: hope the guy has a quick and full recovery

cc322
07-31-2006, 04:22 AM
Wow....what a day for all involved! Glad he is ok....but how are you from having seen this?
To be honest it kinda put a sour note on the rest of the day. Had a great weekend then to end It seeing this and not being able to respond quickly stuck in my head all day. But from what I hear he will make it, But he will have some major healing to endure.

Wet Dream
07-31-2006, 05:33 AM
How big was the guy to have exhaust burns from an Expy?

a catered life
07-31-2006, 06:03 AM
To be honest it kinda put a sour note on the rest of the day. Had a great weekend then to end It seeing this and not being able to respond quickly stuck in my head all day. But from what I hear he will make it, But he will have some major healing to endure.
bro dont feel so bad......you did what you were able to do....and thank god he is going to be ok...i dont mean to be rude but he had to learn the expensive and painful way not to hook up a trailer....sounds like he paniced and one thing i try to teach my entire family is to not panic try to stay calm and use your head...... :boxed:

cc322
07-31-2006, 06:58 PM
bro dont feel so bad......you did what you were able to do....and thank god he is going to be ok...i dont mean to be rude but he had to learn the expensive and painful way not to hook up a trailer....sounds like he paniced and one thing i try to teach my entire family is to not panic try to stay calm and use your head...... :boxed:
Yeah he definatley had no escape route and he paniced. If it were me I would have let the boat go and deal with the repairs easy for me to say. And there was a wall there to stop it, but who knows what went through his mind. Hopefully he will have a full recovery.

missspent
07-31-2006, 07:26 PM
NEVER EVER go to our hospital if you can help it. If I drop, the wife puts me in the Explorer and heads for the VA in Vegas. You can not imagine the stories about that place.
http://www.lakehavasucityinformation.com

ittybitycowgrl
07-31-2006, 07:34 PM
OH MY GOSH.
That is insane. That gives you an instant visual. Ouch....