PDA

View Full Version : Morning drive suck's - Just bought Sirius for Howard

carbonmarine
01-10-2006, 06:03 PM
Okay, Two days is all I lasted...... So. This afternoon I felt compelled to get Serious about Sirius.... Walked into tweeter and just threw down for a Boom Box for the office and the adpater for the Tahoe.. Since I now have the adapter in the car. XM gets canceled tomarrow, hope GM has options for next time I roll into see Photglou...
Anyone else feel compleed as I did ....
Lol
Rick32 :cool:

GHT
01-10-2006, 06:07 PM
No desire to change from XM. If the Howard gig is why then that is one thing, but Opie and Anthony blew him away on reg radio and continue to do so on Satellite...
P.S. "Lil Jimmy Norton" Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ziggy
01-10-2006, 06:16 PM
That's obviously what Sirius was banking on......and so far their subscriptions have increased tremendously. A local radio shop I do biz with said the switch over has been crazy...It used to be only XM was asked for, now he says Sirius is the only one people want...go figure.
I already had Sirius but I'm not a Howard fan by any means...haven't even listened to him yet.
Wife has XM in her car---I like it too but I think I prefer Sirius's selection and setup a little better.
Sirius is an option in our BMW's and XM is the option in our SAAB's.....

Mr. Crusader 83
01-10-2006, 06:39 PM
howard got $500mil for 5 years. i think that sirius was banking on people moving to sirius.

chub
01-10-2006, 06:50 PM
I listen to music on the drive to work. indie 103.1 :argue:

Nord
01-10-2006, 06:56 PM
I bought the xact sirius unit and put it in the truck last night.
It had a lot of static though, maybe I need to move the antanna.
I had XM for the last 2 and a half years.
I am a huge Howard fan and cancelled to follow him. XM was good for listening the ball games on play by play, but otherwise, they are really similar

INSman
01-10-2006, 06:58 PM
No desire to change from XM. If the Howard gig is why then that is one thing, but Opie and Anthony blew him away on reg radio and continue to do so on Satellite...
P.S. "Lil Jimmy Norton" Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Am I out of the loop, who is Opie and Anthony ??!!?? :idea:

olbiezer
01-10-2006, 07:20 PM
have heard howard both days for just 10 or 20 mins so far......its really pretty tame compared to his ass kissing name dropping employee....... buba the love sponge. but its all good......howard has george taki from star trek as a anowser hes funny as hell

Mandelon
01-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Sirius members have gone from 1 million to 3 million all due to Howard.....

al cole'holic
01-10-2006, 08:09 PM
...can someone pick up a receiver for me, every electronic store as well as walmarts are sold out around the SFV! :jawdrop:
I need a unit for the shop and all the stores have no idea when more are coming...but there's plenty of XM units :rollside:

al cole'holic
01-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Tweeter has em..???

ROZ
01-10-2006, 08:10 PM
That's obviously what Sirius was banking on......and so far their subscriptions have increased tremendously. A local radio shop I do biz with said the switch over has been crazy...It used to be only XM was asked for, now he says Sirius is the only one people want...go figure.
I already had Sirius but I'm not a Howard fan by any means...haven't even listened to him yet.
Wife has XM in her car---I like it too but I think I prefer Sirius's selection and setup a little better.
Sirius is an option in our BMW's and XM is the option in our SAAB's.....
Don't tell me you're using MArk at digital auto sounds
:yuk: :D

h2oski2fast
01-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Okay, Two days is all I lasted...... So. This afternoon I felt compelled to get Serious about Sirius.... Walked into tweeter and just threw down for a Boom Box for the office and the adpater for the Tahoe.. Since I now have the adapter in the car. XM gets canceled tomarrow, hope GM has options for next time I roll into see Photglou...
Anyone else feel compleed as I did ....
Lol
Rick32 :cool:
Why doesn't it surprise me you couldn't make it with out Stearn.

ROZ
01-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Tweeter has em..???
We have it, I just can't get a deal on it...lol :D

al cole'holic
01-10-2006, 08:19 PM
We have it, I just can't get a deal on it...lol :D
..oh shiat ROZ I wasn't PM'n you for a bro deal, just need one asap!! Send one in the am, I'll give you my UPS # Amex # whatever!! :rollside:

Jordy
01-10-2006, 08:20 PM
I've got Sirrius in my truck, nothing in my company truck and XM in my boat. Howard aside (haven't heard any of his shows this week), I'd pick Sirius as I think they play a much better variety of music. They only repeat the same songs every 6 plays, versus about every 3 or 4 on the popular songs on XM. Haven't been impressed with XM. Spent more time playing the changer as it had much more variety.

Phat Matt
01-10-2006, 08:24 PM
The two satellite companies need to merge. XM's dance stations are much better than Sirius', especially the Move. I have always listened to Howard though and borrowed my friends unit to check it out. Mornings aren't the same. George Taki is a riot and a great sport! Now the question is, do I need two subscriptions? :D

tcook33
01-10-2006, 08:48 PM
i wanna know where the f uck is "beet" ?? aka = beetle juice - cause he's bad as bad and he knows !! keyes
I believe he's pushin daisy's my friend....

Phat Matt
01-10-2006, 08:50 PM
I believe he's pushin daisy's my friend....
Huh? I think you are thinking of Hank the angry dwarf.
http://www.jollydwarf.com/Web_Images/pic3.jpg

al cole'holic
01-10-2006, 08:54 PM
"Beet" was on a few pre shows but hasn't come on as of yet...

jeepinscott
01-10-2006, 09:30 PM
I've had Sirius for over three years and hooked the XM up in the new truck from Jay. I prefer Sirius, but XM is still better than any terrestrial radio. I was a luke warm Howard fan, listening occaisonally, Mon and Tues his shows were very cool. I was cracking up in my car, listened all the way in to work. Music puts me to sleep at 4am so it was usually radio classics, but I may have found a new favorite.

GHT
01-10-2006, 10:09 PM
Am I out of the loop, who is Opie and Anthony ??!!?? :idea:
They are a duo that was out of Philly at one point. They got kicked off of the radio there because of a contest where couples had sex in public places. The couple that got them kicked off of the radio were having anal at St. Peters Cathedral.....
Jimmy Norton is their comedian sidekick. XM channel 202...
Funny F'ing Sh1t.... (Most of the time)...

Rod-64
01-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Wat o and a did to Dick Clark was the funniest stuff I ever heard..........worth the 13 bucks a month. :p :crossx:

Kilrtoy
01-10-2006, 10:58 PM
Howard is about as overrated as Tom Lykos,
Glad he is gone, now we can get some new life on the radio....

Ultrafied
01-10-2006, 11:57 PM
George Taki is a riot and a great sport!
Got to agree, George Taki is nothing what I thought he would be and he is taking the show pretty good. Many people can say that Howard is over rated, but his ratings have always shown that is the most popular. :D