PDA

View Full Version : who's runnin blown hydro with chiller

Big Proppa
05-26-2003, 01:17 PM
The issue is getting seperate water to both the motor and the chiller. Our thought is to just run another stainless tube down the rudder, but I'm throwing this out there to see if anyone else has any another ideas.
Thanks
[ May 26, 2003, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Big Proppa ]

T-Bag
05-26-2003, 05:39 PM
sounds like it is a outboard steering hydro and if it is it probably is'nt a cruiser. If it's inboard run a seperate inlet to the chiller. I run a chiller on a race application and have a seperate tank for Icewater. Either way make sure you have enough water flow through the chiller or major damage can result. Alot of offshore guys force feed it if you run an electric pump it needs to be a min of 10gpm I run a 20GOM Pump and no probs YET..

Big Proppa
05-26-2003, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the reply T - It is an inboard steer but I hope to get that tail to kick so I'm looking ahead keeping the water flow, and I know that the only way to be sure is to run it off the rudder like Sangsters hydro.
So you only carry enough water for 1 pass at a time?.
[ May 26, 2003, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Big Proppa ]

Sangster
05-27-2003, 05:03 AM
Big Proppa:
Thanks for the reply T - It is an inboard steer but I hope to get that tail to kick so I'm looking ahead keeping the water flow, and I know that the only way to be sure is to run it off the rudder like Sangsters hydro.
So you only carry enough water for 1 pass at a time?. Bill...Think its a closed system....

T-Bag
05-27-2003, 07:14 AM
Yes it is a closed sys and I change the water after ever pass. If it's a inboard hydro the chances are it is'nt going to blow the tail to hard for two reasons. 1. the prop is'nt far enough back to do it and 2. if it blows to hard you will loose the steering hope it helps..

Big Proppa
05-27-2003, 05:16 PM
Sangster - if your were going to run a blower and a chiller with the set up you have now, how would you get water to the chiller - that's basically what I'm up against - would you increase the size of your existing stainless tube on the rudder or would you try to piggy back another tube?. I don't think I can get enough valume out of the #8.

Sangster
05-27-2003, 05:24 PM
Bill.. Like t-bag said..his is a race setup(enclosed system) ..with your deal I would have a doble set of box tubes welded to the back of the rudder....one for water /motor & one for Chiller..

Big Proppa
05-27-2003, 06:21 PM
thats where I was headed thanks again sangster.
Now my second question is will the water get to the chiller without a water pump?.

Sangster
05-27-2003, 06:30 PM
Not sure on that one..Someone will help I'm sure...