PDA

View Full Version : Driving on to the trailer

El Prosecutor
07-31-2006, 06:29 PM
How many of you guys actually drive your boats up on to the trailer?

gsb_77_xl
07-31-2006, 06:33 PM
It depends on how rough the water is when I am putting it on. Most of the time yes I drive it on. Its a pain in the A$$ isnt it?

GunninGopher
07-31-2006, 06:40 PM
I will if it is in a current. I leave the trailer up a little and drive between the fenders (carpeted). Then I hop out and have the trailer backed under the boat.
I'd usually prefer to walk it up, though.

squirt'nmyload
07-31-2006, 06:58 PM
i drive mine on with no problems....except when i run out of gas!!!

Blown 472
07-31-2006, 07:07 PM
Every time, park the trailer close to the sea wall and just step out on it.

malcolm
07-31-2006, 07:17 PM
I always drive mine on. My favorite thing to do is to drop the wife off to get the truck/trailer. Then I let the dock fill up with all the jet skies and fishermen and drive around them all right up on the trailer while they all stare. :eek:
:D

SmokinLowriderSS
07-31-2006, 07:20 PM
Right here, every time. The Admiral drives Lowrider tho and I get trailer-backing duty. Usually stops on the bunks about a foot short, she trims up, and toes the throttle just enough to put it on the stop-V. I snug the strap up and away we go.

olbiezer
07-31-2006, 07:30 PM
no way.......i always had to put a wench on my trailers because the ramps are so steep here......so i would just pull it up on the trailer with a rope and wench the final foot or so......now the daytona's trailer is much better and i could but its that one time u miss that scars the side all to hell that stops me from trying.... :)

MBlaster
07-31-2006, 08:10 PM
I always drive mine on. My favorite thing to do is to drop the wife off to get the truck/trailer. Then I let the dock fill up with all the jet skies and fishermen and drive around them all right up on the trailer while they all stare. :eek:
:D
Nice.

Beer-30
07-31-2006, 08:49 PM
I drop the trailer in and the wife puts the V right on the front trailer bunks. I just winch it the rest of the way. Usually only the last few inches. Works great to stick the boat on the bunks when there is a crosswind. She's only had to re-approach two or three times.

77hallett
07-31-2006, 08:53 PM
I drive up on the trailer as well. Well up until my boat broke and now no lake, no driving the boat anything. :cry: :cry:

Jet Hydro
07-31-2006, 10:17 PM
I do :220v: No really I do,
but not with the Hydro....rotflmao
I drive the Taylor SJ on every time.

shaun
08-01-2006, 12:23 AM
I think the funny'ist thing to watch are those guys who dont back their trailer in far enough and try to drive up on it. They know they are never goign to make it but they insist on romping on the gas trying to get it up higher for about 1-2 minutes before they get out and back it in further. They always have the look like ya, i did that on purpose.
I personally would rather have the trailer in alittle deep than not enough and have to jump back in and lower it.

Devilman
08-01-2006, 03:14 AM
Drive mine on about half the time I guess.... If its windy or busy, I'll just float it on. Drop the wife off at the pier, she's the trailer getter/backer as well. Have it loaded & gone in a couple of minutes, so whatever it takes to keep the ramp open. Kinda cracks me up if somebody is dawdling around on the ramp & she'll go over & ask them if they need help backing the trailer.....:D

4trax
08-01-2006, 03:57 AM
Drive mine on about half the time I guess.... If its windy or busy, I'll just float it on. Drop the wife off at the pier, she's the trailer getter/backer as well. Have it loaded & gone in a couple of minutes, so whatever it takes to keep the ramp open. Kinda cracks me up if somebody is dawdling around on the ramp & she'll go over & ask them if they need help backing the trailer.....:D Same exact thing here. It's awesome having a wife that knows how to drive!!! (Truck too)lol

1978 Rogers
08-01-2006, 06:28 AM
I float mine on/off. Ramps around here are steep and with a shallow boat the base of the bow bar hits my hull. I've scratched the gel a few times driving it on & off. Now, No More. Hey, only takes a few times for me to learn. :cry:

bighead
08-01-2006, 06:55 AM
For me it depends on what the bottom is like, if it is a long concrete ramp without a sandy area next to it I drive on, if there is any sand on the ramp or if it is a sand ramp then I shut her down and crank it up. I just do not want to take the chance of sucking grit and crap in the pump.

HotRod Sprint
08-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Every single time.
Rod

Wicked Performance Boats
08-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Drive it halfway on the trailer and get out and hand load the rest of the way. Budlight

'78 gt boat
08-01-2006, 04:50 PM
I'm not yet good enough to drive on yet, hell I can barely get it on straight by pulling it up :rollside: :rollside:

jbone
08-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Wife drops me off at the dock, she circles the boat near the ramp, I back the trailer in the water, she drives onto the trailer, I winch up and drive off.
She is actually better at driving onto the trailer than me now. Its funny when she does it with a boat full of kids an I don't have to say a word.
I love watching hot chicks drive hot boats.
J

cave
08-01-2006, 04:59 PM
99% of the time I drive it on. Its the Saddest part of the day and the funnest
too. Sad because I'm leaving and fun because of the entertainment I get while waiting. I've done it so many years in this boat that its routing.

centerhill condor
08-01-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm with the big head... the repair guys sucked in a nice 4" rock and shredded an impeller... so I drive it on about half way real nice and easy like and wench it the rest of the way! no rocks no errors! I'm a little hesitant to go in the river 'cause of the current. someday after I get a little run time and build some confidence in the boat I'll river run... someday.

Acommanderguy
08-01-2006, 05:30 PM
I drive mine up everytime. Back the trailer down 3/4 of the way so that a 1/4 of the fender is showing. drive the boat on till it hit between the bunks and stops, then I giver her a little gas to swing the ass around and then throttle straight on. lean over the bow latch it give the driver the nod and we are on our way. takes about 1-2 mintues total. I love getting it on in under a min.

skipr
08-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Every time, all the time :messedup: