PDA

View Full Version : Who makes a hull like this

GunninGopher
07-31-2006, 07:14 PM
I saw this boat in a photo and I know I've seen both Ultra and an Eliminator open bows in the 21' range with this bottom. I have not been able to see where they sell them new.
What is the make of this boat?
Who makes a 21' open bow jet with this bottom anymore?
This is a nice looking boat, but I think for my next jet I'll want an open bow because I'm sure the kids will be bringing friends along.
http://www.theolanders.net/files/InteresetingBoat.jpg

RitcheyRch
07-31-2006, 07:18 PM
Sure looks like a Stoker to me althought thought Lavey Craft make a hull like that.

a catered life
07-31-2006, 07:18 PM
it looks like my eliminator edge 242 its a great riding hull and fast i think they called it a cat/v hull eliminator stopped making it but had thought of bringing it back my boat sits out of the water a lot more but mine is a 25'

RAMROD
07-31-2006, 07:20 PM
Stoker?

Mandelon
07-31-2006, 07:21 PM
I think there are some old Lavey with a hull like that, Eliminator did for sure, but what about the new Cobra.?....but its a 29"er....

a catered life
07-31-2006, 07:25 PM
here a picture of what it looks like out of water

blackcloud75
07-31-2006, 07:48 PM
Stoker?
ding...ding...ding...ding

Tom Brown
07-31-2006, 07:49 PM
Who makes a hull like this
HydroStream also build a modified V like that.

Nord
07-31-2006, 07:51 PM
That is Bill and Shelly's Stoker They are the Knuckleheads here on the boards....
Very nice boat!!
~NORD~

bordsmnj
07-31-2006, 07:52 PM
I saw this boat in a photo and I know I've seen both Ultra and an Eliminator open bows in the 21' range with this bottom. I have not been able to see where they sell them new.
What is the make of this boat?
Who makes a 21' open bow jet with this bottom anymore?
This is a nice looking boat, but I think for my next jet I'll want an open bow because I'm sure the kids will be bringing friends along.
http://www.theolanders.net/files/InteresetingBoat.jpg
cheeta boats makes one kinda like that. pretty reasonable on price too. cheap actually. and so does a really new company out of muirietta(sp?)i forgot thier name though. the one in the picture is a stoker. they don't come with jets or open bows. i tried to help,anyway.....lol.

Nord
07-31-2006, 07:56 PM
If I'm right, which i am...............
The originators of this particular mod V hull is Eliminator!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BOOYASHAKA!!!!!!!!
Riverbound and Jackpunx have the same hull.....
Stoker rigged it better though ;)
~NORD~

GunninGopher
07-31-2006, 08:21 PM
cheeta boats makes one kinda like that. pretty reasonable on price too. cheap actually. and so does a really new company out of muirietta(sp?)i forgot thier name though. the one in the picture is a stoker. they don't come with jets or open bows. i tried to help,anyway.....lol.
I've seen the Stokers and only ever heard of them with Wackers.
I looks like Cheetah's smallest tunnel is a 23'r, and that thing is just too big for my taste. The 21' isn't a tunnel, is it?

GunninGopher
07-31-2006, 08:23 PM
HydroStream also build a modified V like that.
Hydrostream's kick azz, but they sit a little high for my taste and I'll want a jet anyways. I've heard of them hauling with 150's on 'em.

GunninGopher
07-31-2006, 08:25 PM
it looks like my eliminator edge 242 its a great riding hull and fast i think they called it a cat/v hull eliminator stopped making it but had thought of bringing it back my boat sits out of the water a lot more but mine is a 25'
Ok, the Eliminator's I've seen in the past were the 20.7 Edge. Veeeeeery Nice lookin' boat.

GunninGopher
07-31-2006, 08:33 PM
John,
About 6 **years ago at the San Diego Boat show I saw you guys (Ultra) had a White Mod V Tunnel with blue and maybe red. I think you had a Merc 300 hung on the back of it. When I saw that boat I wanted one. Unfortunately, I was putting my wife through school and was pretty broke anyways. I may be boat shopping next winter.
Any plans for you guys to make that model in the future? Who has the molds? As I recall, that boat would have been perfect for me if it was a jet.

DUCKY
07-31-2006, 09:15 PM
The boat in the pic is a 224 Stoker. They are available as outboard and stern drive. Eliminator laminates them for "John's Custom Marine" in Stanton which is Al Stoker's place. I doubt you could get Al to let you rig one as a jet, but you never know. Eliminator used to have the "Edge" mod-vp style hulls in two or three sizes but they are long since gone, and most were pigs anyways. Lavey Craft used to offer their mod-vp in two sizes, a 19' and a 20.8, I think the 19's were all outboards, and the 20.8 (dubbed the Sebring I think) was avail with o/b or small block stern drive. Schiada also offers a mod-vp 21 called the river tunnel, but I think only in stern drive and they are big $$ at around $70k. Sleek-Craft used to have a 21' open bow mod-vp. Most were stern drives, afew o/b's, but I know the bottom on that would work as a jet. The molds for the old Sleek are here in Havasu. They are pretty ragged, but still usable, as I considered purchasing them last year. Good Luck in your search!

SnakeWrench
07-31-2006, 09:40 PM
If I'm right, which i am...............
The originators of this particular mod V hull is Eliminator!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BOOYASHAKA!!!!!!!!
Riverbound and Jackpunx have the same hull.....
Stoker rigged it better though ;)
~NORD~
Oops, wrong answer. The originator of the mod V hull was David Bowls in 1971. He ran the boat in an outboard enduro class and sold the mold to Jim Wright, who worked for Lee Taylor and somehow, the boat ended up in the hands of a so cal builder. After that, Stoker made one, Ehde made one and sold it to Eliminator and on and on. There was a company that made an offshor boat in the 70's that was a mod V in a much larger scale.

blackcloud75
07-31-2006, 09:53 PM
Schiada also offers a mod-vp 21 called the river tunnel, but I think only in stern drive and they are big $$ at around $70k.
$70 G's.............I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OCMerrill
07-31-2006, 10:04 PM
I have a Lavey Sebring 21 ft Mod V
The boat in the pick is not a Lavey. Might be a good thing. My hull is quirky and not easy to drive.
A fun ride for low HP though.
Looks "Stoker" to me.

GunninGopher
08-01-2006, 07:33 AM
The boat in the pic is a 224 Stoker. They are available as outboard and stern drive. Eliminator laminates them for "John's Custom Marine" in Stanton which is Al Stoker's place. I doubt you could get Al to let you rig one as a jet, but you never know. Eliminator used to have the "Edge" mod-vp style hulls in two or three sizes but they are long since gone, and most were pigs anyways. Lavey Craft used to offer their mod-vp in two sizes, a 19' and a 20.8, I think the 19's were all outboards, and the 20.8 (dubbed the Sebring I think) was avail with o/b or small block stern drive. Schiada also offers a mod-vp 21 called the river tunnel, but I think only in stern drive and they are big $$ at around $70k. Sleek-Craft used to have a 21' open bow mod-vp. Most were stern drives, afew o/b's, but I know the bottom on that would work as a jet. The molds for the old Sleek are here in Havasu. They are pretty ragged, but still usable, as I considered purchasing them last year. Good Luck in your search!
Thanks for your detailed response. I've got plenty of time, but I'm always thinking about my next boat. The daycruiser I have now runns great and has a few of years of useful life for us, if necessary. I am always thinking about our next boat, however. I really like tunnels and I think we'll want an open bow, and that looks like the ticket, if I can work it out. I may be just waiting on a used Edge 20.7 to come on the market at the right time. There's one in the trader right now, but I'm not ready to buy, especially a 16 year old boat for 20k.

caroftheweek
08-01-2006, 08:49 AM
Just for clarification purposes, the boat you are refering to (and pictured) is the 234 Edge. the 242 edge is a standard v-bottom. we owned one for 13 years.
BTW, we are still trying to finish our 1st batch of BBQ sauce. that stuff is excellent. keep the recipes coming.
Ryan

BBB
08-01-2006, 10:19 AM
I have a 1994 Eliminator 20.5 open bow with that hull. Its a GREAT family jet boat with a lot of room! Bit on the heavy side though, takes a lot of HP to get it going but once it's moving its got a great ride.

Nord
08-01-2006, 10:27 AM
Just for clarification purposes, the boat you are refering to (and pictured) is the 234 Edge. the 242 edge is a standard v-bottom. we owned one for 13 years.
BTW, we are still trying to finish our 1st batch of BBQ sauce. that stuff is excellent. keep the recipes coming.
Ryan
The boat in the picture is a Stoker........there are a couple brands that used the same bottom and if Edge and Stoker are the same........then you would be right.......

ThongMagnet
08-01-2006, 02:13 PM
Thanks for your detailed response. I've got plenty of time, but I'm always thinking about my next boat. The daycruiser I have now runns great and has a few of years of useful life for us, if necessary. I am always thinking about our next boat, however. I really like tunnels and I think we'll want an open bow, and that looks like the ticket, if I can work it out. I may be just waiting on a used Edge 20.7 to come on the market at the right time. There's one in the trader right now, but I'm not ready to buy, especially a 16 year old boat for 20k.
16 year old Eliminator for $20k Sounds like a good deal. I won't sell my 21 year old Eliminator for less then $35K.

desertbird
08-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Lavey also made it in a 22'10 BigBlock. Mine is a HOOT with the re-powered MAG 496.

a catered life
08-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Ryan
if your still on your first batch then you need to grill more stuff :p :p very glad your enjoying it

bordsmnj
08-01-2006, 08:41 PM
i could be wrong but i'm willing to bet 5 dollars( big money :rolleyes: ) the stoker hull was origanally based on the baker tunnel. i don't think that the eliminator and the stoker even share the same bottom even if eliminator does lay up the hulls. anyone wanna shed some more light? were 's Racer at?

caroftheweek
08-02-2006, 07:05 AM
Sorry but wrong
That is our boat :) and it is a Stoker. but you were close :p
If you have any more questions feel free to PM me. Although it looks like most have been answered :rollside:
Here is a pic of it running:
http://www.knuckle-heads.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10001/normal_4%7E3.jpg
i think you guys missed the quote.
i know your boat is a Stoker, i was reffering to "a catered life"s comment on the 242 edge and the 234 edge.
nice Stoker, BTW.

probablecause
08-02-2006, 09:45 AM
here a picture of what it looks like out of water
How did they get the dance pole mounted in the back?

SHOTKALLIN
08-02-2006, 09:48 AM
At one time wasn't the Cheetah 21 shadow a tunnel?

a catered life
08-02-2006, 03:19 PM
How did they get the dance pole mounted in the back?
never ask how just get your dollars ready :p

Kona20
11-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Who ended up getting Jery's Baker and Kona molds? I would spacificly like to know what happend to the 20' Daycruiser molds.
Thanks, Tt

dicudmore
11-07-2006, 10:01 AM
At one time wasn't the Cheetah 21 shadow a tunnel?
no--very shallow v-bottom. Their 23' is a tunnel though :wink:

MOBrien
11-07-2006, 10:26 AM
Here's a pic of our 2000 24' Cheetah Stiletto. Mod-V/Tunnel with a walk-thru open bow. Handles chop very well and turns on a dime. I know you said you didn't want something this large, but I might be willing to part with it if you're interested.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1762Cheetah_006-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1762100_1448.JPG

BoatPI
11-07-2006, 12:07 PM
I believe that the deck, and perhaps the hull, were first made by Tahiti in Cerritos before they went belly up in the early 80's. Tahiti made a 24' and a 28' that have nearly the same deck. And if I am correct on this Eliminator purchased the molds from Tahiti when they went under. Anyone have a mid 80's Eliminator like this??????

Nord
11-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Riverbound has one..........I think he might know..........

jimslade
11-07-2006, 12:21 PM
J-Craft intimidator?

riverbound
11-07-2006, 12:23 PM
Riverbound has one..........I think he might know..........
If you are interested in one, I would PM stoker22. he knows a thing or two about this hull design. I recommend going the PM route because any thread involving stokers quickly turns into a pissing match.
I would also be willing to answer any questions you may have, I have a 22' SST with an Evinrude v8

Mr. Crusader 83
11-07-2006, 12:52 PM
looks like an 80's cheeta to me

eliminatedsprinter
11-07-2006, 01:40 PM
It's Knuckleheads' Stoker 224.
I believe the 224 is Stokers most reciently designed hull and it is not exactly like any other (unless someone has splashed a copy). :cool:

bigq
11-07-2006, 02:00 PM
It's a 1994 Bayliner 23.3 runner\mod-V light layup kevlar hull. It was first owned by Hawaiian back in the 70's then Hondo baught them out and Nordic had it for a while until it was sold to Eliminator and finally Stoker.
So anyway it is a Stoker 224 :rollside: