PDA

View Full Version : Miami Vice Movie

Mandelon
07-31-2006, 07:51 PM
I heard it sucks. :rolleyes:

SOMEBEACH
07-31-2006, 08:15 PM
It's not great. But I wouldn't say it sucks. It has a couple of cool boating scenes in it.

HBjet
07-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Don't go see it thinking its just going to be like the show. The show was great for its time. I think the movie is what Miami Vice would be if the show came out now. I didn't care for the acting that much but the boating scenes on the big screen were great. Worth seeing in the theater on a sunday!
HBjet

DeeCandyBar
07-31-2006, 10:00 PM
and i heard there was another earlier thread on this movie

LAFD
07-31-2006, 10:06 PM
movie was ok. some bad ass boats and some some good shoot outs scenes.

RitcheyRch
08-01-2006, 04:32 AM
Wasnt bad but wasnt great either. Wish had more boat scenes in it.

rodnjen
08-01-2006, 07:15 AM
I agree, it shouldn't be compared to the TV show, totally different time and set up. The movie wasn't great but I enjoyed it just fine. Just don't espect too much, it's not a "boating movie" it is a movie that has a couple of boats in it. The sound of the action in the theater was awesome. I'm glad I saw it there rather than waiting for video.

HBjet
12-04-2006, 08:38 PM
The Directors Cut DVD has a much better beginning. They should have used it on the original movie. It also has a small feature on the MOJO boat and how they built and rigged it for camera equipment. You can tell some of the crew aren't boaters as they believed you could sit in the sponsons to operate the equipment while riding at 40mph in rough seas. LOL
HBjet

SHOTKALLIN
12-04-2006, 08:49 PM
i'm getting it in the morning. missed it in the theater. how did you get it already?

Beer-30
12-04-2006, 08:57 PM
how did you get it already?
http://www.realmovienews.com/dvd/news/963

Racer277
12-04-2006, 10:15 PM
I'm stoked and getting it tomorrow.
It was a good movie. If there's more boats in this version, it'll be that much better.
Really dig the Donzi's with 4 wackers on the back.
Mojo was cool too. :cool:

beyondhelpin
12-04-2006, 10:50 PM
It sucked.

Jordy
12-04-2006, 10:51 PM
Really dig the Donzi's with 4 wackers on the back.
Really now Whacker Boy??? :D :D :D

funkcity
12-04-2006, 10:55 PM
The footage at the begining of the movie was hi-def killer footage.
Offshore powerboats never looked so good.
The jet helicopter shooting those scenes was really low at some points. What the movie lacks in story and character development in more than makes up for it with killer state-of-the-art hi-def footage.
The early "race" footage was in and out of the movie no less than a dozen times before it was cut before the theatrical release. If there is a BluRay release get it when it comes out. If you are performance boating enthusiast, you will NOT regret it !!

HBjet
12-04-2006, 11:19 PM
http://www.realmovienews.com/dvd/news/963
Nope, have the DVD in hand. Had it Friday! Just didn't have time to watch it until Sunday.
The best footage of the boats is the very very beginning. If you have a good home theater, turn it up... How they shoot the opening scene is with a larger boat/barge with a crane that has a camera which can be put into the water. As the boats race very close to this anchored boat the crane slowly pulls the camera out of the water. Some of the best offshore footage I have ever seen.
HBjet

Not So Fast
12-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Boy, I dont agree with you critics at all. First off Micheal Mann is one of my favorite directors, his desire for realism is unmatched as shown in the bonus features, from very edgy locations to exotic guns, cars, boats etc. I loved the movie and its sort dark mood setting. Get the DVD and at least watch the bonus features then the movie, great movie. NSF

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Really now Whacker Boy??? :D :D :D
Whackers suck:D

RUSHIN ROULETTE
12-05-2006, 01:35 PM
Boy, I dont agree with you critics at all. First off Micheal Mann is one of my favorite directors, his desire for realism is unmatched as shown in the bonus features, from very edgy locations to exotic guns, cars, boats etc. I loved the movie and its sort dark mood setting. Get the DVD and at least watch the bonus features then the movie, great movie. NSF
Well said! I thought it was great, and I am glad it was not just another typical re-make like Dukes of Hazzard etc...

Not So Fast
12-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Well said! I thought it was great, and I am glad it was not just another typical re-make like Dukes of Hazzard etc...
Thanks, and boy was Dukes bad or what. I just watched the special features again for Miami Vice and I am thoroughly intrigued with movie making, especially Michael Mann style. What a job to have huh? NSF

TexasChopper
12-05-2006, 03:01 PM
I knew it was in the making for a long time, and was really looking forward to it. We went to the first showing the day it came out and were really disappointed. There were 7 people in the theater when it started (it was a wed. afternoon) when it ended there were 4.

SHOTKALLIN
12-05-2006, 04:20 PM
I just finished Miami Vice. Awesome. I loved it. Mann is a great director. I am a huge fan of the Miami Vice the t.v. show and HEAT. This movie is not as good as HEAT but still a GREAT movie. Hard to compare anything to HEAT. Heat is in a category by itself like Tombstone and a few other classics that I can watch over and over a 100 times.
I think some of the critics on this board don't know shiat about movies. This is not a movie about boats, however, there are some awesome boats in this flick. If you were looking to see a movie about boats then go watch PEGGED!
This movie gets two thumbs up from me.
just my .02

fourspeednup
12-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Could have used more boats and boobs....less Jamie Foxx ass :D :D
That is my uninformed, uneducated, $.02 ;)

TexasChopper
12-05-2006, 06:27 PM
I still say the movie sucks, but I bought it this evening anyway... after all the title is "Miami Vice" ..... still returns memories of a great tv show from yesteryear

bubbletop409
12-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Anybody happen to notice in the scene late in the movie, where you are seeing two boat running in the dark, from left to right on the screen, it appeared to me that one of the boats was displaying the wrong colored bow light? One was red, one was green, at least thats the way I saw it.
Looking forward to seeing all the extras available on a DVD, cause the movie sure left a lot to be desired. Crockett and Tubbs acted like they hated each other in the movie, worst Mann project I've seen
More boat scenes on the floor than the screen, WTF? :mad:

HammerDown
12-10-2006, 06:06 AM
I just watched it last night, thought it was good except some of the dialogue was very hard to understand.

Jordy
12-10-2006, 07:53 AM
Anybody happen to notice in the scene late in the movie, where you are seeing two boat running in the dark, from left to right on the screen, it appeared to me that one of the boats was displaying the wrong colored bow light? One was red, one was green, at least thats the way I saw it.
I noticed that too. Those ZR's are pretty bad ass though. :D