PDA

View Full Version : Good Deal??? Yes/No

HYPNAUTIC
07-31-2006, 09:19 PM
have an opurtunity to purchase a 42" plasma for $1400 (out the door, tax del) It is an LG 42PC3DV
Whats your take? Opinions welcome?
Lowest price I've found online is 1738 inc shipping. What would you do?
I may regrete asking those last three questions.

Ziggy
07-31-2006, 09:24 PM
If its legit sounds good.....42"

H20 Toie
07-31-2006, 09:25 PM
it is a very low res plasma. if your going to spend the money get something that can do hi def. yes it will cost more but it won't be long until everything will be hd and you will need a better unit.

Ziggy
07-31-2006, 09:29 PM
see....what do I know :rolleyes: :p

HYPNAUTIC
07-31-2006, 09:32 PM
it is a very low res plasma. if your going to spend the money get something that can do hi def. yes it will cost more but it won't be long until everything will be hd and you will need a better unit.
This is me sounding stupid.. How do I tell if its a low res/ high res unit?
If you were going to use it in a bedroom or at the river house is it still a good deal?

HYPNAUTIC
07-31-2006, 09:34 PM
If its legit sounds good.....42"
I'm not getting it out of the back of a truck if thats what you mean. :) At least I dont think I am :rollside:

ultra27jay
07-31-2006, 09:37 PM
my buddy just got a 50 inch plasma hd ready at the sams club for 1800.00 i would go thier and check them out....

C-2
07-31-2006, 09:41 PM
We recently upgraded our tv. I too thought a plasma/lcd was in order ~ but after looking at them, decided on a CRT (Sony 34" WEGA/HD/Flat). Be sure to see the unit in person, I too did tons of online research, but it was like night and day in person. When looking, we could have got several 42" and even a couple of 51" inchers for the same price, but I'm a pretty simple guy and settled on the picture rather than the bling.
Now all we need is some HD channels worth paying for :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jyruiz
07-31-2006, 09:45 PM
It's a good deal for the river house. It should give some resolution numbers, 852X480p is EDTV (enhanced resolutions=DVD quality) and 1024X768p and up is usually considered HD. True HD though on plasmas really start at 1280X720p.

OCMerrill
07-31-2006, 09:47 PM
LG-Lifes Good, parent company is actually Samsung and they make a ton of components and screen assembies and sell them to other companies.
It is a low res. model but HELLO....IT's $1,400 - CHEAP!
It should work anyway. LG (pains me to say it - Hello Korea) is pretty good quality wise.
I install tons of this crap. Initial quality is going downhill fast. We now pre-test the sets before we even mount a bracket or cut a wall. You would be amazed what does not work right out of the box. High demand running the quality show so to speak.
What do I have - A 10 year old Hitachi Ultra Vision 52" rear projection thats the size of a closet. Works perfectly and has done us well. I need to give in and buy the latest and greatest but, it just won't give me a reason to.

DeeCandyBar
07-31-2006, 09:51 PM
it's an edtv not an hdtv - if that doesn't matter to you then go for it. but make sure you see the picture quality in person - never buy consumer electronics without seeing/hearing first

Screemy1
07-31-2006, 10:05 PM
I would look for a high res lcd.... I only say that because that is what I got, and I like to think that I make no bad choices..... but then again.... I fock up all thew time.... but seriously... I looked at the plasma and the lcd..... I ended up with a 37" rather then 42..... but I like the beni's of lcd, burn in... no heat generation.... the time that the quality of the pic lasts.... the plasma brightness goes down hill after hours use.... either way though.... I feel deeply that by the time any of these tv's die.... the replacments will be better and cheaper.... years downb the road... go for it...

RitcheyRch
08-01-2006, 04:26 AM
My buddies new Sony didnt work right out of the box.
LG-Lifes Good, parent company is actually Samsung and they make a ton of components and screen assembies and sell them to other companies.
It is a low res. model but HELLO....IT's $1,400 - CHEAP!
It should work anyway. LG (pains me to say it - Hello Korea) is pretty good quality wise.
I install tons of this crap. Initial quality is going downhill fast. We now pre-test the sets before we even mount a bracket or cut a wall. You would be amazed what does not work right out of the box. High demand running the quality show so to speak.
What do I have - A 10 year old Hitachi Ultra Vision 52" rear projection thats the size of a closet. Works perfectly and has done us well. I need to give in and buy the latest and greatest but, it just won't give me a reason to.

Wmc
08-01-2006, 06:58 AM
have an opurtunity to purchase a 42" plasma for $1400 (out the door, tax del) It is an LG 42PC3DV
Whats your take? Opinions welcome?
Lowest price I've found online is 1738 inc shipping. What would you do?
I may regrete asking those last three questions.
I would check out Costco or Sam's Club first. That is where we bought our 50" $1999 - Vizio HD ready, awesome resolution.