PDA

View Full Version : Check, one two...Check Check...one, two..Check Check, Check...

al cole'holic
08-01-2006, 11:15 AM
I bought a Trident.

Jyruiz
08-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Really? Congrats if you are not pulling our legs, that is my dream deck boat.

caroftheweek
08-01-2006, 11:16 AM
big check for a trident

Tom Brown
08-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Kick ass! :cool:
Now you can run over zbestfam (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25292) in style. :cool:

DILLIGAF
08-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Congrats...what is the eta on delivery?

ADDICTED
08-01-2006, 11:21 AM
All I need to do is convince the wife we need one for next year and we can add her to the list. For some reason Lv purses are more important :mad:

RitcheyRch
08-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Congrats. When will be it be completed? :)

KACHINA KEN
08-01-2006, 11:22 AM
All I need to do is convince the wife we need one for next year and we can add her to the list. For some reason Lv purses are more important :mad:
Uhhhh a lil bird told me you have another toy on the way.... is this not true?

RiverDave
08-01-2006, 11:29 AM
I bought a Trident.
Congragulations Chris!! Which one did you guy the red and white one? Or the other one? :) Or perhaps a new one the way? etc.. etc..
How was the buying experience etc.. Being that your the 1st person from the boards (that I know of anyways, I know Wes sold a couple boats but dunno to who) that has/is buying one tell us what it was like.. Any options on the list or is everything "standard?"
How did the boat drive / turn / accellerate? etc..
RD

phebus
08-01-2006, 11:29 AM
A boat, or chewing gum? :D
If a new boat, congrats

RAMROD
08-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Have you ever considered what all you could afford to have without a wife?

Beer-30
08-01-2006, 11:40 AM
For some reason Lv purses are more important :mad:
I hear ya. For mine, it's Coach. Why did they ever have to start making those purses?

Jyruiz
08-01-2006, 11:48 AM
I hear ya. For mine, it's Coach. Why did they ever have to start making those purses?
Yup, everytime we go by the outlet place of the 15, I cringe, thinking the wife is going to ask me to stop and take a look. A look always ends up as a couple of purses. :crossx:

Cole Trickle
08-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Yup, everytime we go by the outlet place of the 15, I cringe, thinking the wife is going to ask me to stop and take a look. A look always ends up as a couple of purses. :crossx:
Shoot....
Better the outlet than Melrose :220v: :crossx: :cry:

Cole Trickle
08-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Congrats on the new purchase!!
What boat did you end up with? (We really liked the red/white one)

blown dough
08-01-2006, 12:08 PM
No Pics? As i recall I was once yelled at about saying my new boat was coming and didn't post pics!!! Congrats!!!!!!

RiverOtter
08-01-2006, 12:10 PM
No Pics? As i recall I was once yelled at about saying my new boat was coming and didn't post pics!!! Congrats!!!!!!
Yes! Where are the friggin pics :idea:

Infomaniac
08-01-2006, 12:12 PM
I wish I could afford one of them Trident Boats.

blown dough
08-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Yes! Where are the friggin pics :idea:
Plenty of pics have been posted of our boat, I think there are some in the cat and tunnels forums, under speaking of DCB, where you been?????

al cole'holic
08-01-2006, 12:16 PM
I am buying the one that most everybody that see's it falls in love with it, yes the red one. Wes has an expected completion of 6-8 weeks so far and I am hoping for 5 weeks ;)
The experience so far is very Photoglou-ish...since there are literally no options its not very complicated. What's great is Wes and the Trident team are still coming up with innovations to this day that are being added to the list of standard items!! Like many of us here on the board, I have been waiting for the arrival of this boat and excited it is finally here...I am stoked to be the first among our community to own one! Right now I am looking forward to a more personal tour of the demo boat in the comfort of my own driveway, where I can really learn everything there is to know about this boat firsthand without the atmosphere of a shop. I have been boatless for some time and I think this is a quite fitting way to return and look forward to keeping everyone updated on the progress and finish! :)

Tom Brown
08-01-2006, 12:17 PM
This hit and run posting is bullshit. :mad:
Come on man, you're killing us here.
Details, details... :confused:

Tom Brown
08-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Cool. :cool:
Congratulations on the new boat. :)

Froggystyle
08-01-2006, 12:19 PM
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/1155-1/Red+and+White+V2.jpg
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/1418-2/3-2.jpg
We have some more here somewhere...
Congrats Chris... You are going to love your new boat. I have someone a little ahead of you to finish first... but some of your billet work will be done here pretty shortly.
Any of you guys from Phoenix will be able to see the "visually completed" boat in Phoenix at the Men's Luxury Toy Expo later this month at the new Cardinals Stadium. It will be minus the drive and such still, but we are hustling to get the interior and exterior visual components all installed for the show then bring it back here and finish it all up.
There is another one in the mold now already too. It will be white with blue graphics. It will look similar to the white/red one but in blue. Should be another gorgeous boat, and I am hustling the deals right now for the ability to use the boat for promotional purposes...
Congrats again Chris... I will see you sometime this week!
Wes

RiverDave
08-01-2006, 12:20 PM
I am buying the one that most everybody that see's it falls in love with it, yes the red one. Wes has an expected completion of 6-8 weeks so far and I am hoping for 5 weeks ;)
The experience so far is very Photoglou-ish...since there are literally no options its not very complicated. What's great is Wes and the Trident team are still coming up with innovations to this day that are being added to the list of standard items!! Like many of us here on the board, I have been waiting for the arrival of this boat and excited it is finally here...I am stoked to be the first among our community to own one! Right now I am looking forward to a more personal tour of the demo boat in the comfort of my own driveway, where I can really learn everything there is to know about this boat firsthand without the atmosphere of a shop. I have been boatless for some time and I think this is a quite fitting way to return and look forward to keeping everyone updated on the progress and finish! :)
That's cool of Wes to drop his personal boat off for you to get familliar with it.. Have you been for a ride in one yet? :) I keep hearing neck snapping acceleration.
RD

DeeCandyBar
08-01-2006, 12:20 PM
congratulations - that's awesome for you and for trident. i look forward to hearing and seeing all about it.

Froggystyle
08-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Here is the original artwork so you can see how close we are coming with the concept art...
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/garvin_small.jpg
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/1155-1/Red+and+White+V2.jpg
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/1418-2/3-2.jpg

OutCole'd
08-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Very cool boat! Congratulations.

al cole'holic
08-01-2006, 12:36 PM
http://members.aol.com/hevythreds/tri.jpg
http://members.aol.com/hevythreds/tri1.jpg
http://members.aol.com/hevythreds/tri2.jpg
http://members.aol.com/hevythreds/tri3.jpg
http://members.aol.com/hevythreds/tri4.jpg
http://members.aol.com/hevythreds/tri5.jpg
http://members.aol.com/hevythreds/tri6.jpg
http://members.aol.com/hevythreds/tri7.jpg

core attitude
08-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Congratulations.....I'm sure the pics. don't do it justice.

RiverDave
08-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Congragulations on the boat again! :)
RD

Hustler
08-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Congrates Chris!! I told you he was dealing:D I'm 100% sure Wes will do the best he can to get you the boat as quikly as possible. Congrates to you to Wes on the sale of another boat.

HM
08-01-2006, 01:11 PM
An idea for "standard" features:
Triple axle trailer
Very very nice.
I'm holding out for the twin v-drive version.:D

Froggystyle
08-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Triple axle trailer
Very very nice.
Triple is standard. That is not his trailer. That is the shop trailer we haul the boats around the shop on.
Chris just needs to decide whether or not he wants the trailer "Slut red" or White...

RiverDave
08-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Triple is standard. That is not his trailer. That is the shop trailer we haul the boats around the shop on.
Chris just needs to decide whether or not he wants the trailer "Slut red" or White...
Slut Red for shizzle, it'll be off the hizzle.. :D
Check your PM on the Triple dealio..
RD

RiverOtter
08-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Plenty of pics have been posted of our boat, I think there are some in the cat and tunnels forums, under speaking of DCB, where you been?????
"Whitey" has had me under his thumb :cry:
BUT, I just saw the pics and it looks awesome!

al cole'holic
08-01-2006, 02:48 PM
..I forgot to mention that was not the trailer! You see, there is nothing you can add to this boat :)
I am thinking slut red with Trident accent pieces like flame dealios Extreme does...what'dya think Wes?? :idea:

HavasuSelect
08-01-2006, 02:50 PM
That would look pretty bitchen. The red trailer would def accent the boat very nicely. Now you have to get a red truck.

MR HARLEY
08-01-2006, 02:57 PM
Beautiful Boat and Congratulations on yoru purchase of the New Trident!
Wes,Craig, Audrey and the whole Trident team are some very cool peeps.

Essex29
08-01-2006, 03:04 PM
Congrats Chris! When are we going to Castaic? :)

al cole'holic
08-01-2006, 03:13 PM
..don't know how good the Torreador (sp?) red F-350 I have would look, but the white Suburban may be nice on a white trailer... :)

Nord
08-01-2006, 03:16 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I need to take a test ride in one. I'm not completely sold on the dual jet rigging yet. Maybe a test ride will settle me.
~NORD~

Dave C
08-01-2006, 03:21 PM
is it just me or does that thing NO longer look like a sea-doo..... :rollside: :rollside:

HCS
08-01-2006, 03:30 PM
That is bad ass!!!
Congratulations!
Hope to be in line one day myself.

BajaMike
08-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Beautiful boat!!!
:rollside: :rollside:

HCS
08-01-2006, 04:12 PM
Triple axle trailer
Very very nice.
I guess we'll have to come out with our own v-drive version.

PICKLEtheLOAD
08-01-2006, 05:51 PM
That's a way hot Tridizzle Custom Bizzle! :D Congrats to both parties!

shueman
08-01-2006, 07:31 PM
The red/white looks awesome..... :cool: Congrats...!!!

Mandelon
08-01-2006, 08:04 PM
That is good news for both of you. Definitely go red on the trailer, white shows every chip on the paint.
Wes, I am thinking you need to add some directable water cannons to the front, just for kicks. :crossx:

JB in so cal
08-01-2006, 08:15 PM
Good point Mandy. Another would be forPEOPLE TO STOP QUOTING PICTURES IN RESPONSES new owners to be as open and proud of their new purchases and show them off... :) :rolleyes: :cool: :)

HM
08-01-2006, 08:44 PM
I guess we'll have to come out with our own v-drive version.
I got John West open to the idea of a v-drive Shadow...only with no warranty. I am sure he doesn't care if it is 1 or twin v-drives. :idea:
Wes knows I am joking about the v-drive thing since I am a v-drive junkie.
I am glad to hear the triple axle is standard. That shop trailer did look a little out of place.

Froggystyle
08-02-2006, 05:32 PM
I got John West open to the idea of a v-drive Shadow...only with no warranty. I am sure he doesn't care if it is 1 or twin v-drives. :idea:
Wes knows I am joking about the v-drive thing since I am a v-drive junkie.
I am glad to hear the triple axle is standard. That shop trailer did look a little out of place.
I'll build a V-Drive version... no problem With a warranty.
The hull would work great for it actually as it is a hydro. Let me know when you want to start... Seriously.
And Nord... you should step up for the first outdrive version. It will work great, and I am thinking the top speed is going to be dangerously fast for a deck boat. I can't wait to build one. Wouldn't want to own one... but I understand people want outdrives, and after cruising around on Lake Mead and such with it I see why. Higher cruise speed basically, and if you have 80 miles to drive... you need it!

Riverkid
08-02-2006, 05:42 PM
I'll build a V-Drive version... no problem With a warranty.
The hull would work great for it actually as it is a hydro. Let me know when you want to start... Seriously.
I think you just got called out Frank! Step up! You don't need a new 'burb, you need a new Trident! :)

ROZ
08-03-2006, 12:04 AM
If this will help Wes out, I do have a LV hookup :D

ROZ
08-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Where the hell else is she suppose to put your balls ? :D

ROZ
08-03-2006, 12:25 AM
One more thing, I have seen that boat in person and all but drooled over it each and every time I was there.... It is a very bitchen color combo.

al cole'holic
08-03-2006, 09:24 AM
...outdrive huh :idea:

Kilrtoy
08-03-2006, 09:25 AM
You can recall back that far, i mean that was two months ago :boxed:

Kilrtoy
08-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Congrats on the new ride......
Should be alot of fun times ahead for ya....

Aqua Boogie1
08-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Congrats on the trident!!!! Should be a winner!!! :cool:

Froggystyle
08-03-2006, 12:32 PM
...outdrive huh :idea:
Yours isn't cut yet...

BADAXE
08-03-2006, 01:17 PM
How much extra to cap it?
IMHO The bare hull with out the rub rail looks much better than the drawing with the rub rail.

blown dough
08-03-2006, 01:21 PM
You can recall back that far, i mean that was two months ago :boxed:
And you are who? I can't remember!!!!!!!!

Froggystyle
08-03-2006, 01:23 PM
IMHO The bare hull with out the rub rail looks much better than the drawing with the rub rail.
I would talk you out of it. We hang all of our interior rigging off of those through-bolts and there is a flat spot on the boat where the trim goes. Additionally, while totally do-able, capping gelcoat is a lot harder than capping paint. If you were planning on painting the boat, you can easily just paint over the seam. With gel, you have to actually re-blend the color parts and you don't get a clean, totally smooth finish.

al cole'holic
08-03-2006, 01:24 PM
..there's a good balance of capping and rail :cool:
It sucks to be so on the fence about the drive :cry:

Froggystyle
08-03-2006, 01:52 PM
..there's a good balance of capping and rail :cool:
It sucks to be so on the fence about the drive :cry:
You have the right drive already... This is the better drive for this boat.

al cole'holic
08-03-2006, 04:12 PM
..here's an update, AAA just backed out of the policy :(

Froggystyle
08-03-2006, 04:22 PM
..here's an update, AAA just backed out of the policy :(
Call Progressive... we are preferred with them and the boat is rated as a "runabout" in stock configuration.

dicudmore
08-03-2006, 04:30 PM
congrats Chris and Wes...very cool :D

HM
08-03-2006, 04:31 PM
I think you just got called out Frank! Step up! You don't need a new 'burb, you need a new Trident! :)
Damn, did he get off the phone with me and then call you? Did he tell you I might be looking for Travis? What is that biatches screen name anyway? I'd love to see a B-man rant...it would go something like this:
"Spreadout! Let me tell you something - STFU."
I think B-Man should pony up for the Trident. Then we could all laugh our asses off when the b-man's vein pops out of his when he watchs his dad take out the 900HP "party" boat.

al cole'holic
08-03-2006, 04:36 PM
..I'd be all for going to a different insurance company, but Wes is already crackin skulls with AAA on reversing their decision!! :crossx:

Riverkid
08-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Did he tell you I might be looking for Travis? What is that biatches screen name anyway?
He's on your way out the back gate. Just look for the slammed white dually and the raised silver F-350 work truck... Gn boat in the gay-rage.
I think B-Man should pony up for the Trident. Then we could all laugh our asses off when the b-man's vein pops out of his when he watchs his dad take out the 900HP "party" boat.
I think it's all he can take when scrappy pappy takes out the 800 horse rig with the stock Bravo... B finally got by here yesterday with Brayden in the cart. Brought his very own icechest/beers. Homo is halfway to Canyon Lake and doesn't even realize it...
You're the baller. Buy a boat from Wes and then watch JWM disown you for the jet drives. :) Has he driven one yet? What did he think?